H.E.A.T - Force Majeure (2022)

Aordave89

*Updated as album thread*

Väsby's prides H.E.A.T which with warm hand managed the 80s heavy rock sound and brought it into the 2000s, releases what will undoubtedly be the soundtrack of the summer. The album "Force Majeure", the band's seventh, will be released via earMUSIC / Playground Music Sweden August 5, 2022.

The title "Force Majeure" plays on "events outside human control" and we can all agree that this is how it has been felt for the last two years, pandemic, lockdown and a life limited to sitting at home. This has only spiked H.E.A.T a little extra as they now get ready to release this new record, and welcome their (new)old singer Kenny Leckremo back on the lead.

Today, the first single "Nationwide" is released that testifies to a band full of cultivated energy that easily unites classic hard rock with 2022 and which has succeeded a generation of hard rockers with their optimism, energy and fantastic songs.

From the cover, to the video, to the music, it is understood that a lot of work, power and thought have gone into achieving the perfect balance.

The band has since made its self-titled debut album and the great success of "1000 Miles" go from clarity to clarity, and is continuously receiving great reviews from the collected international rock press. They have also been touring diligently, both in Europe and Japan.

H.E.A.T is going on a tour in April and will of course also perform one or a couple of the songs from the upcoming album.

"Force Majeure" will be released August 5 on CD, LP, LP in yellow vinyl and digital.

Tracklist:

1. Back To The Rhythm
2. Nationwide
3. Tainted Blood
4. Hollywood
5. Harder To Breathe
6. Not For Sale
7. One Of Us
8. Hold Your Fire

9. Paramount
10. Demon Eyes
11. Wings Of An Aeroplane

C4BF9487-C934-4B24-BE4E-C679E04A9E34.jpeg

Edited by Aordave89
  • Like 1

New tune pretty good...sounds way better than the first 2 albums to me which I didn't care for.

Still prefer Erik's vocals but I could get into this I think.  Still solid melodic rock any way you slice it.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

Tracklist for the new album -

1. Back To The Rhythm

2. Nationwide

3. Tainted Blood

4. Hollywood

5. Harder To Breathe

6. Not For Sale

7. One Of Us

8. Hold Your Fire

9. Paramount

10. Demon Eyes

11. Wings Of An Aeroplane

31CD4AAD-A068-4578-A9FF-AA2734985AD5.jpeg

Edited by Aordave89
  • Like 1

• My Little Pony
48 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

See link for the song!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/167212593289776/permalink/5375091772501806/

Pretty good...sounds way better than the first 2 albums to me which I didn't care for.

Still prefer Erik's vocals but I could get into this I think.  Still solid melodic rock any way you slice it.

Yeah, but how does it compare to H.e.a.t?

Oh, wait...

4 hours ago, J.S.M said:

I think this song would be one of the best if it was on their last album. But did Erik get a bit more room in the mix than Kenny? I like both voices but the way that Erik's voice was produced was a bit better.

I don't think it's the production....Erik just has a more powerful voice that stands out more ;)

New tune is pretty good.  Doesn't blow me away like singles from the last album did though.  I know part of that is because of Erik not being there but for me songs like One By One, Dangerous Ground and Rise were just stronger songs than this.

Still like it though and like the beefier, edgier style way more than the lighter style and sound of first 2 albums with Kenny.

• Like 2

Very nice. I'm going to assume in the aftermath that it's an odd choice for the lead single, but my appetite is moist and I can't wait to hear the album. But August? Really? That's basically 2023. I'll assume there's about 6 singles by the time the album's released, which I find dulls the enthusiasm for that actual release date, if you already know half the album. But, I can't wait to hear it. 

• Like 1

Kenny is definitely a little bit lower in the mix than the vocals on the previous few albums. The mastering itself doesn't sound great - the whole thing sounds really hot, granted I've only listened to the Spotify version so hard but it's one of those ear tiring modern 'everything on 10' no dynamics masterings.

I like it in general, Kenny sounds really good as expected, right out the bat I love how he sings that first line.

The chorus is fairly weak, very similar to the choruses on the previous album, slightly repetitive and a little annoying to be honest..

Definitely could have been on the last album. Chorus could have been better, but good song and I like it more than the New SR.

• Aordave89 changed the title to H.E.A.T - Force Majeure (2022)
4 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Sounds good to me! 

100X better than Skid Row with Erik.

Well, looks like we're opposite here...

I like both songs but I prefer Erik's new Skid Row song to the new HEAT if I'm picking.

Something about Kenny still sits just a little off with me.  I think it's his tone or something that just doesn't make him as immediate for me.   

I'm not saying I dislike the HEAT tune.  It sounds way better to me than the first 2 albums they did with Kenny.  But not sure if this will be a purchase for me or not.  Need to hear a couple more tunes.