H.E.A.T - Force Majeure (2022)

Aordave89

I love the music and the beat for the new tune but feel the lyrics and chorus are a bit weak.  Also can't but think the exact same song would sound better with Erik singing it.  Still a good song though.

14 hours ago, Geoff said:

Not a mad fan of it. Agree it's getting dangerously close to something grotesque like power metal, which is cool if you're into that, but not if you're a fan of HEAT still being a good band. 

The more the song goes on the less I like it, lol. 

Power Metal???  Lol not hearing that at all. Very up tempo though!

I like the two new songs more than most songs on the last album but Kenny is missing this certain coolness that Erik had. Erik was very powerful and loud on the one hand but could also be very quiet so that it felt like he was speaking directly to the listener. It feels like Kenny tries to proof that he has as much power as Erik. Sadly he's singing with pressure only, still it doesn't sound as big as Erik's voice. 

I think Kenny needs more space in the songs. Maybe some verses need a quieter instrumentation to explode in the chorus. The music that Creye plays would suit his voice better. Hoping for some light AOR, even though I'm usually a fan of their heavier edge.

• 1 month later...

yep the tracks have all been good so far. Better than anything on the last album is stretching it ;)

there were quite a few better tracks on the last album, but glad they are still together and looking forward to new album and seeing them live in Oct :)

• My Little Pony
39 minutes ago, auslander said:

Sounds good. I think the first two Heat albums are underrated. If this is anything like those I will be happy.

Only fools underrate the first two albums. 

Best single so far

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

I'm a fool then. I still can't get into either of them. Boring and piss weak.

Our tastes line up once again - I don't like the first two H.E.A.T. albums either.  Like you said, boring and weak.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

First review I've seen of the new album.  It's brief but it's something lol.  

I'm looking forward to this one and have enjoyed the first 3 singles way more than I expected I would.    

http://heavyparadise.blogspot.com/2022/07/review-heat-force-majeure-ear-music.html

"Force Majeure" is entitled the brand new opus by these incredible Swedes!! Yes, H.E.A.T. is back with a new record which is going to be released through ear Music this August!!! 

Original singer Kenny Leckremo is back on board and that's a thing that gives more interest to the final result. The first three singles that came out earlier this year are all three some great samples of what's to expect from "Force Majeure"!! "Back To The Rhythm" is an ass-kickin', a fist-on-the-air rocker with a larger than life chorus line in it!!!  "Nationwide" is faster, heavier and edgier with, again, a mind blowing chorus while "Hollywood", the latest one, is a classic H.E.A.T. tune, period!! 

"Tainted Blood" rocks in some more U.S. Hair Metal style while "Harder To Breathe" is yet another 'typical' Leckremo era song. A track that Kenny shows his amazing vocal skills. The 'punchier' "Not For Sale" reminds 80's Scandi melodic hard rock and bands such as Europe and TREAT while the power ballad of "One Of Us" is just great!!!  "Hold Your Fire", "Paramount" and the heavy (one of the heaviest tunes that H.E.A.T. ever wrote....) "Demon Eyes" are pure delight!!! The album closes with yet another 'classic' H.E.A.T track; "Wings Of An Aeroplane"! 

Bottom line is that H.E.A.T. strikes back with yet another inspired, ass-kickin' and in-your-face album that stands proudly next to every previous release of this incredible band. "Force Majeure" is a great record, well done!!! 

Songwritting : 10
Production : 10
Songs : 10
Musicianship : 10

Overall Rating : 10 / 10 

3 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Songwritting : 10
Production : 10
Songs : 10
Musicianship : 10

Overall Rating : 10 / 10 

Soooo...does he think its any good or not? :P