H.E.A.T - Force Majeure (2022)

Aordave89

solid track, I agree with those who commented on the chorus being a little weaker though...as far as the comparison with the new Skid Row track w/ Erik, it's pretty close for me, but I'd give a slight edge to Skid Row mostly because it was a lot better than I was expecting

As someone who was never a fan of the first two albums, it will come as no surprise that I prefer the Skid Row song (it cannot be a coincidence they both dropped the same day, surely). That said, this to me sounds better than the first two albums as musically it has more in common with Erik era H.E.A.T.

I did like the song and gives me hope that I will still enjoy H.E.A.T. now Erik is gone, but repeating Nationwide as the chorus was a bit shit though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

As someone who was never a fan of the first two albums, it will come as no surprise that I prefer the Skid Row song (it cannot be a coincidence they both dropped the same day, surely). That said, this to me sounds better than the first two albums as musically it has more in common with Erik era H.E.A.T.

I did like the song and gives me hope that I will still enjoy H.E.A.T. now Erik is gone, but repeating Nationwide as the chorus was a bit shit though.

Yeah..... like repeating "the gang's all here" is better? :lol:

• My Little Pony
11 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Yeah..... like repeating "the gang's all here" is better? :lol:

Haven't listened to the new Skid Row track. Is that the chorus?

2 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Haven't listened to the new Skid Row track. Is that the chorus?

Pretty much:

Alright alright
The gangs all here, the gang's all here
Alright alright
The gangs all here, the gang's all here tonight

• My Little Pony
4 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Pretty much:

Alright alright
The gangs all here, the gang's all here
Alright alright
The gangs all here, the gang's all here tonight

But... 

The gang's not all there. 

• Haha 3

On 3/24/2022 at 2:36 PM, Aordave89 said:

*Updated as album thread*

Väsby's prides H.E.A.T which with warm hand managed the 80s heavy rock sound and brought it into the 2000s, releases what will undoubtedly be the soundtrack of the summer. The album "Force Majeure", the band's seventh, will be released via earMUSIC / Playground Music Sweden August 5, 2022.

The title "Force Majeure" plays on "events outside human control" and we can all agree that this is how it has been felt for the last two years, pandemic, lockdown and a life limited to sitting at home. This has only spiked H.E.A.T a little extra as they now get ready to release this new record, and welcome their (new)old singer Kenny Leckremo back on the lead.

Today, the first single "Nationwide" is released that testifies to a band full of cultivated energy that easily unites classic hard rock with 2022 and which has succeeded a generation of hard rockers with their optimism, energy and fantastic songs.

From the cover, to the video, to the music, it is understood that a lot of work, power and thought have gone into achieving the perfect balance.

The band has since made its self-titled debut album and the great success of "1000 Miles" go from clarity to clarity, and is continuously receiving great reviews from the collected international rock press. They have also been touring diligently, both in Europe and Japan.

H.E.A.T is going on a tour in April and will of course also perform one or a couple of the songs from the upcoming album.

"Force Majeure" will be released August 5 on CD, LP, LP in yellow vinyl and digital.

Tracklist:

3. Tainted Blood

Co-written by Erik Martensson, obviously…

;)~

On 3/28/2022 at 11:33 AM, tobi is an animal said:

this band without Erik is average at best, new song is pretty weak.

I'm not sure "average at best" is how I'd describe them.

I just think the tough thing is that they were exceptional and went to another level with Erik (at least for me).  They've definitely fallen down some notches but it's still is solid melodic rock that's probably better than a lot of other "average" stuff out there.

I feel like if this were a brand new band that I'd never heard before, I'd be digging it a lot more.  That's kind of what I keep telling myself....Just treat this as a new band that stands on it's own and stop comparing it to Erik's version of the band.  It's tough to do but I'm slowly coming around.

Either way, the new tune for me blows away the sound of their first 2 albums.  I like the edgier/melodic rock sound as opposed to the lighter/AOR sound they had on those first 2 albums.  So I feel like they'll still put out a good album.

Just won't be near as good as the last 4 ;)   

2 hours ago, auslander said:

I disagree completely with people calling H.e.a.t average. H.e.a.t II was a fantastic album. People must have wool in their ears.

I called H.e.a.t without Erik average but H.e.a.t II featured Mr. Grönwall.  Might be more a reading glasses thing than a wool in the ears thing.

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, tobi is an animal said:

I called H.e.a.t without Erik average but H.e.a.t II featured Mr. Grönwall.  Might be more a reading glasses thing than a wool in the ears thing.

Ha. 

Great album name, very original.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

New HEAT tune.  Viewable in some countries at the moment but out everywhere Friday.

Have to say I'm really digging this one!  Maybe I'm starting to come around on Kenny  :lol:

They have been getting such a good drum sound recently, I really noticed it on Heat II. I also like this track, it's almost a power metal / melodic hard rock hybrid. 

• Like 1

Not a mad fan of it. Agree it's getting dangerously close to something grotesque like power metal, which is cool if you're into that, but not if you're a fan of HEAT still being a good band. 

The more the song goes on the less I like it, lol. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Not a mad fan of it. Agree it's getting dangerously close to something grotesque like power metal, which is cool if you're into that, but not if you're a fan of HEAT still being a good band. 

The more the song goes on the less I like it, lol. 

Really?  

I'm digging it quite a bit and this is from the guy who had reservations on Kenny coming back.

I guess I can hear a tiny bit of power metal in it but to me it just reminds me of something like Blind to the Blind.  I'd bet it'll probably be the heaviest sounding song on the album but I guess we'll see.

I'm encouraged by the 2 singles so far and feel like I'm coming around on Kenny.