I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Got to cut right down on the beers, maybe 1 or 2 a week for a few months. :crying:

Especially sad as I've just discovered a new beer that ranks among my absolute favourites:

Cumbrian+Legendary+Loweswater+Gold.JPG

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Had six pints of this last night; beautiful stuff:

1421.jpg

Great at the time, feeling slightly less good now. ;)

• My Little Pony

1421.jpg

Six got you feeling a little less than good? Lightweight.

1421.jpg

It's age, mate. I used to go out and drink 10 pints, no worries at all. Changed when I was in my mid-late twenties. Now, even 4 pints can be a bad idea on a work night. Usually 5 is fine, 6 is dodgy midweek and 7 is a definite mistake.

• My Little Pony

1421.jpg

It's age, mate. I used to go out and drink 10 pints, no worries at all. Changed when I was in my mid-late twenties. Now, even 4 pints can be a bad idea on a work night. Usually 5 is fine, 6 is dodgy midweek and 7 is a definite mistake.

Yeah, I don't know if you're old enough to blame it on age.

• 7 months later...

Bumpin' this topic with a public service announcement:

boxer%20lager.jpg?itok=2zO6ocFE

I visited the beer store over the weekend and saw something new: a so called "Craft Beer" from Wisconsin called Boxer Lager. It was new, therefore it was on sale ($3.99 a six) so I said "Ehh, what the hell" and picked up two sixes.

After one of these mofo's I totally regretted that decision. This stuff is AWFUL... and mind you this is coming from a guy who drinks Pabst Blue F*cking Ribbon like it's going out of style. Boxer has got a weird, metallic taste while drinking and has a sweet aftertaste when swallowed that I can not accurately describe except to say "BLEAH." :puke:

I am perhaps the least picky beer drinker on the planet but I am dreading having to finish off the other 11 cans of this swill. Give me Olde English 800, give me Crazy Stallion, give me Colt 45 and we'll party all night but this stuff is the Devil.

One word: AVOID.

• My Little Pony

I visited the beer store over the weekend and saw something new: a so called "Craft Beer" from Wisconsin called Boxer Lager. It was new, therefore it was on sale ($3.99 a six) so I said "Ehh, what the hell" and picked up two sixes.

After one of these mofo's I totally regretted that decision. This stuff is AWFUL... and mind you this is coming from a guy who drinks Pabst Blue F*cking Ribbon like it's going out of style. Boxer has got a weird, metallic taste while drinking and has a sweet aftertaste when swallowed that I can not accurately describe except to say "BLEAH." :puke:

I am perhaps the least picky beer drinker on the planet but I am dreading having to finish off the other 11 cans of this swill. Give me Olde English 800, give me Crazy Stallion, give me Colt 45 and we'll party all night but this stuff is the Devil.

:rofl:

Beer Advocate agrees with me. Their users give it a rating of 60/100, which is "poor." Some of their reviews on it are vicious! :rofl2:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/435/62061/

After reading up on this stuff a bit last night I'd say the brewers are using a very loose interpretation of the term "craft brewed." From what I gather, you can buy this stuff in a 36 pack (!!) for around twelve bucks in some stores. That doesn't sound very "craft" to me, it sounds like cheap-ass frat boy beer. Mind you, I normally don't have a problem with cheap-ass frat boy beer, as long as it tastes OK... but this stuff doesn't. Yuck!

Beer Advocate agrees with me. Their users give it a rating of 60/100, which is "poor." Some of their reviews on it are vicious! :rofl2:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/435/62061/

After reading up on this stuff a bit last night I'd say the brewers are using a very loose interpretation of the term "craft brewed." From what I gather, you can buy this stuff in a 36 pack (!!) for around twelve bucks in some stores. That doesn't sound very "craft" to me, it sounds like cheap-ass frat boy beer. Mind you, I normally don't have a problem with cheap-ass frat boy beer, as long as it tastes OK... but this stuff doesn't. Yuck!

Sounds like Duff beer...I'm sure Homer would be happy to drink it... :lol:

OK, so I'm still trying to finish off the remainder of that godawful "Boxer" beer.

I have learned that it's almost palatable if, instead of drinking straight from the can, you pour it into a glass so it can "breathe."

...you'll notice I said "almost."

I killed a few more of them over the past weekend because I spent much of Saturday moving furniture around and such an activity requires some beer -- any beer -- when it's completed. I am now down to six, from the original twelve.

Once the remaining six is finished I will never buy this devil brew again... :homer:

Lol. Loser of the Toilet Bowl in our fantasy football league has to supply the beer for our annual draft the following year. Two years ago the heartless prick brought WARM Boxer. Because of that polluted stunt we now have the commissioner buy the beer and tack the cost onto the Toilet Bowl Loser's registration fee.

As Sven Gali might say "DISGUSTEEN!"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, anyone dig Irish beer ? Can anyone recommend which one is the best ? I'm looking at several imported bottles the other day but have no idea so just pick one, Kilkenny, if i'm not mistaken. Too bitter but not bad though

• My Little Pony

Hey, anyone dig Irish beer ? Can anyone recommend which one is the best ? I'm looking at several imported bottles the other day but have no idea so just pick one, Kilkenny, if i'm not mistaken. Too bitter but not bad though

What kind of beer do you like? There's Harp Lager created by Guinness, oh, and there's Guinness Stout. I prefer Murphy's Irish Stout. Try Smithwick's if you like red ales. I personally love Kilkenny, but you don't want something bitter.

What kind of beer do you like? There's Harp Lager created by Guinness, oh, and there's Guinness Stout. I prefer Murphy's Irish Stout. Try Smithwick's if you like red ales. I personally love Kilkenny, but you don't want something bitter.

Thanks man. So based on those other 4, how do you rank Kilkenny against them ?

• My Little Pony

Thanks man. So based on those other 4, how do you rank Kilkenny against them ?

I like bitters, so Kilkenny is at the top. That and Murphy's would be my favourites. Then I'd go Smithwick's, then Harp, then Guinness. Guinness is last, because I think it's overrated, and they put fish bladder in it and I'm not sure what the hell that is doing in beer.

The Metal Madman has got me into the world of IPAs. Been checking them out lately.

Had Stone IPA 2 weeks ago and this week I tried Evolution Brewing's Lot #3 IPA. It was damn good.

• My Little Pony

The Metal Madman has got me into the world of IPAs. Been checking them out lately.

Had Stone IPA 2 weeks ago and this week I tried Evolution Brewing's Lot #3 IPA. It was damn good.

IPAs are generally my go to beer. I love 'em.

I finally finished the last can of that godawful "Boxer" beer today. Good ridn'z to bad rubbish. Ugh.

I finally finished the last can of that godawful "Boxer" beer today. Good ridn'z to bad rubbish. Ugh.

Heh! Why didn't you just throw it....or was it in the interests of science that you had to drink it ??

I get the same from the missus I'll buy a terrible beer/wine whatever....but insist on drinking it, just breaks my heart to see beer n stuff going down a drain...plus I paid hard earned cash for it :D

I was afraid that if I poured it down the sink, my septic system would spit it back at me... haha!

But yea, I'm the same way, I can't just throw it away...if I paid good money for it, dammit I'm gonna drink it. Haha

In a little while I'll be goin' out to buy some *real* beer for tomorrow's Memorial Day BBQ