I Like Beer!

Blue Charvel

Blowing the dust off this thread. Drinking Corona with the house stereo on max volume, which rarely happens but the wife and daughter are gone for the day. :party421:

Pretty much the same thing happening. Flogging Molly cranked up with the NFL Draft on TV.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to a beer festival on Saturday at Selhurst Park, the ground of my beloved Crystal Palace FC. Really looking forward to it.

There will be some of this lovely stuff:

hooky-gold.jpg

And the event will be attended by:

cpfccheerleaders.JPG_.display.jpg

• 1 month later...

Can't believe this thread fell this far.

Last time I poster here, I think, I was a Coors Light man and that was it. And not that I still don't have a place in my heart for my first love, but after much time and some substantial work, I can finally say I've followed SHK into the land of experimentation and actually found beers that I like.

I've been to my first beer tasting event and already made a few road trips to find some different brews and looking for many more. (To Akron for the Hoppin' Frog BORIS Royale and Willoughby for the Peanut Butter Coffee Porter and Hopnotic Double Red Rye IPA.)

Thanks to Denny to sticking with me for the longest time when I couldn't/wouldn't try or like anything besides CL.

(Oh, and I found a bottle of Old Speckled Hen and after reading its name on here so many times for so long, I figured I had to try it. I've got to say, at least as of my taste buds now, you must have to drink it fresh from the tap because I was rather underwhelmed.)

Finishing up a Brooklyn Brown Ale as I type this and have to say, it's one of the better BAs I've had so far.

I watched soccer on TV this afternoon. My favourite team Bayern Munich playing a dreadful game ... and I definitely had too many beers. Four "Franziskaner Weissbier" ! Awesome stuff and I'm feeling good ! Bayern won 1:0 ... !

franziskaner_hefe-weisse_.jpg

Shitty game nevertheless, but Bayern is now #3 in the league.

Good stuff, Bernd!

Had a few Pabsts last night...

Went to a local Hispanic store to grab some Coronas and I can say, without hesitation, that the lady at the check out was one the best looking women I have EVER seen in person. She spoke to me, I remember my mouth opening, but nothing came out. Jesus. :omg:

Oh holy hell!

I tried the Hell or High Watermelon Wheat beer from 21st Amendment Brewery. Sounds like it might not be bad, right? Sam Adams Cherry Wheat is a pretty good beer, so it stands to reason. Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. After you get used to it, it kind of subsides from being downright gross to "OK, I can drink this", but I'm pretty disappointed.

• 5 weeks later...

OK, so this is kinda cool...

One of the sales reps at work and I have had a running gag about one of his accounts for the past couple of weeks, it's an Indian/Pakistani restaurant and one of the menu items in their ad says "Choice of Goat." That line struck us kinda funny, so we've been getting way too much mileage out of that... "Is it like the lobster tank in a seafood place? Do they take you to the goat pen out back and tell you "There they are, pick the one you like?" :rofl2:

... so anyway, in keeping with our current "Goat Humor" theme, he visited another account today (a huge liquor warehouse) and came back with a sixer of something called "HOPPED UP 'N' HORNY" beer, made by the "HORNY GOAT" brewing company of Stevens Point, Wisconsin. After we laughed about the name for several minutes, he split the six pack in half and gave me three of them to take home and try. Awesome timing on his part, since I happen to be totally, completely, utterly out of beer at the moment.

Lookin' forward to trying this stuff. How could it NOT be good with a name like that? :D

By the way, the cardboard sixpack carrier also trumpets the Horny Goat Brewing Company's other varieties, which include "Horny Blonde Lager," "Red Vixen" and "Stacked Milk Stout." So they've definitely got a theme goin' here. :lol:

• My Little Pony

My buddy picked up two mini-kegs of stout called "The Backhand of God." It's from a microbrewery about four hours east from us, so we had planned to take a daytrip out and grab us a key each--they don't bottle their product. Well, my bud was camping out that way, so he made the stop on the way home. I guess we'll do the road trip next time. This stuff is amazing, but it's been too hot for stout, lately, so everytime I open my fridge I see this keg staring back at me crying out for me to taste its sweet nectar. I just kneel down, get right close, and whisper, "Patience, my precious."

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a coffee porter, Perc E Bust, (that wasn't all that coffee-ish until it got really warm), but have to say, I'm looking forward to NEXT weekend and ushering in the 2011 college football season with quite a few brews, old and new alike.

Spoilt the shit out of myself on Friday after a frustrating week and bought a case of Beez Neez, James Squire Amber Ale and Fat Yak - 3 of the finest. Chewing through a case of a German beer called Henniger which is rubbish, but also got a case Maxx Blonde and Platinum Blonde in the garage, which means I should be right for a while. :) Good times, heading into summer.

Yesterday I went to the local bar. Haven't been there in ages. I ended up getting a 22oz Marshall's Big Jamoke Porter. I didn't intend to get that kind, but I couldn't let the opportunity pass. I believe I read somewhere it was a seasonal that was about to disappear. After I got my beer and glass I went to the other side of the bar. The NFL Network had a repeat of the Eagles pre-season game. I poured a little bit of the beer into my glass and it was complete foam. I wondered if I had poured it wrong. I drank pretty slowly. The bottle was about a third empty when I had a thought, "Would the beer taste any different if I swirled it first?" I swirled it without much thought. I looked up at the tv and heard this sound. I looked back down at my beer and it was gushing out. I couldn't believe it. Had I done something wrong? I was completely embarrassed. I was also a little bit buzzed by that time. That 6.8% hits pretty fast. I really didn't want to ask for something to clean the mess up so I sat there until I finished my beer. I ask for some napkins, cleaned up my mess, and left. Don't think I'll be getting any more Big Jamoke Porter at the bar.

That beer has to be unstable. I've never seen anything like that before. The story I heard about the bottles exploding in the store was probably true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Just bought some Innis & Gunn Rum Cask. Very interesting. Not yet decided on it. Lowen Brau is always great; bought a few of those. And I picked up a sixer of Harp Lager for my roommate. I also have a mini-keg of The Backhand of God Stout in my fridge--excellent stuff.

• 1 month later...

Just bought some Innis & Gunn Rum Cask.

Love it, great beer!

Got a date for my operation - 5th December. No beer for me afterwards - possibly ever. :crying:

Had a Crooked Tree IPA from Dark Horse Brewing. Not bad at all, but nowhere near as good as the Double Crooked Tree IPA I had. I doubt it was the bottle vs. tap thing either.