Forgotten Hard Rock Albums: ICON - "Night Of The Crime" (1986)

AlphaMale

Another in my forgotten hard rock series. This album came out around the time where with proper label support, should have been huge. But basically ignored by their label, this killer album passed by without any fanfare.

The followup was equally killer but this album is awesome!!

My favorites:

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant album,love this one and the releases either side of it,whereas the debut was proper 80's hard rock ala Q5 for example this one was more varied for me,all are classics though and I still listen regularly...even have the t-shirt for this and the Right Between The Eyes release  :)  my favourite track on this is probably "Danger Calling" :drink: the "Whites Of Their Eyes" is also up there.

Edited by lettard

This aint forgotten, I listened to it last night right before Emerald Rain and right after 17 Crash! lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leykis101 said:

This aint forgotten, I listened to it last night right before Emerald Rain and right after 17 Crash! lol

That's interesting mix .

23 hours ago, Doggy said:

That's interesting mix .

LOL, I get really bored really quick, I gotta keep it unpredictable!

• Haha 1

Great album. Had the lp then the cassette, but never got it cd.

• Like 1

One of the first band logos I ever tattooed in my arm . It took me years to convince the guitarist (where art thou, buddy, missing ya dearly) to  send me his killer leather jacket (which I sent back the day  I became vegan). A prime example of why I stopped listening to new releases, focusing only on releases  of the past (especially 80's and 90's that I missed back then for whatever the reason, obviously Icon doesn't belong to that category, it just wipes the floor with new stuff).

Curious to find  where it will land when I manage to finish my ratings of that year ( I won't be surprised to find it just below, even  on par with monsters of that year such as Liege Lord, Savage Grace, Omen,  Saint Vitus,  Fates Warning,  Watchtower, Slayer, Ария, Dokken, Kat,  Agent Steel, Savatage, Stormwitch, Yngwie etc etc etc)...

Edited by kourosofsteel3

One of my favorite releases of all time. Bought the album when it was released on vinyl.

They are working on new material with Clifford!! Heard an interview on Youtube with Wexler and Clifford. Seems like the original band is onboard. :headbanger:

Edited by Ali Rock

9 hours ago, Ali Rock said:

One of my favorite releases of all time. Bought the album when it was released on vinyl.

They are working on new material with Clifford!! Heard an interview on Youtube with Wexler and Clifford. Seems like the original band is onboard. :headbanger:

Holy crap! That is great news!

• 2 weeks later...

Their second album of great 80s hard rock.  This one rocks from start to finish with big guitars, big hooks, big choruses and big backing vocals in 80s metal style....it's just like the debut, quality melodic hard rock and with a great vocalist Stephen Clifford.

• Like 1