Corona

simo

19 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

More than half of the guns seized by the cops in Chicago are from states other than Illinois.

Same here in Baltimore. The illegal gun trade is a lucrative business. 

4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Same here in Baltimore. The illegal gun trade is a lucrative business. 

Yup. Which means you can put all the anti-gun laws on the books that you want, and it will have ZERO impact other than making it more difficult and expensive for law-abiding citizens to obtain guns.

The criminal element doesn't give a shit about breaking the laws to begin with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Glen said:

jeez I wish this was just a music site without having to have these moronic threads 

Sorry folks, but I'm going to go off on a long overdue rant here. I'm going to preface this by saying that the political/societal discussions aren't my favorite either, but I've found this magical solution that solves the problem when I find a thread annoying!

Ready for it?...

It's absolutely revolutionary...

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TOPIC OR TONE OF OF A CERTAIN THREAD THEN DON'T FUCKING READ IT OR POST IN IT!

If a thread isn't of interest it will die naturally. Coming in and fanning the flames and bitching only serves to prolong it. Duh. You don't need to be a rocket surgeon to figure that one out.

Bitching about what other people are conversing about because you don't personally like it is the biggest bunch of bullshit in the history of the Interwebz. I see it in message boards and social media all the time and it makes zero sense. Don't like it? Don't read it. Simple.

It's a whiny, petulant, entitled attitude "WAAH! You guys are talking about stuff I don't like and you hurt my feefees. WAAAAH!"

Every single browser has a fucking back button in the event you happen to stumble into into a thread that your psychological fragility doesn't allow you to handle. Learn how to use it instead of bitching.

Christ on a bike...

*whew*

There. I feel better now. Back to your previously scheduled tit-for-tat.

:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Sorry folks, but I'm going to go off on a long overdue rant here. I'm going to preface this by saying that the political/societal discussions aren't my favorite either, but I've found this magical solution that solves the problem when I find a thread annoying!

Ready for it?...

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TOPIC OR TONE OF OF A CERTAIN THREAD THEN DON'T FUCKING READ IT OR POST IN IT!

If a thread isn't of interest it will die naturally. Coming in and fanning the flames and bitching only serves to prolong it. Duh. You don't need to be a rocket surgeon to figure that one out.

Bitching about what other people are conversing about because you don't personally like it is the biggest bunch of bullshit in the history of the Interwebz. I see it in message boards and social media all the time and it makes zero sense. Don't like it? Don't read it. Simple.

It's a whiny, petulant, entitled attitude "WAAH! You guys are talking about stuff I don't like and you hurt my feefees. WAAAAH!"

Every single browser has a fucking back button in the event you happen to stumble into into a thread that your psychological fragility doesn't allow you to handle. Learn how to use it instead of bitching.

Christ on a bike...

*whew*

Due to your avatar, I read everything you post in Stewie's voice. Just letting you know. :)

• Haha 2

• 2023 Gold Donors
7 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Ready for it?...

Christ on a bike...

*whew*

100% spot on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Ready for it?...

Christ on a bike...

*whew*

sorry my post was badly worded. its just that conversing with one person in particular is pointless as they never actually answer that you are talking about. 

I'm sure that you understood the meaning of my posts without the need for a 1000 word essay underneath arguing a completely different point. 

Anyway back to music.

As you were. 

22 hours ago, auslander said:

Should have kept the indigenous and Anzac rounds and left it at that. I loved both of those, they were special. Not so much now.

Started watching Geelong vs Drugcheats and before the game they recognised what regional Victoria has brought to the game lol

That's a new one....

9 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Ready for it?...

Christ on a bike...

*whew*

You and Glen need to go have a beer :)

2 hours ago, Glen said:

sorry my post was badly worded. its just that conversing with one person in particular is pointless as they never actually answer that you are talking about. 

I'm sure that you understood the meaning of my posts without the need for a 1000 word essay underneath arguing a completely different point. 

Anyway back to music.

As you were. 

PS the 1000 word essay comment is not directed at you Dan 

22 hours ago, Glen said:

UK has no guns (or near to) and no mass shootings since 1996. argue that. 

UK has 5 guns per 100 population, US has 120 guns per 100 population 

My question wasnt anything to do with the UK, I dont live in the UK, so I cant comment on it, I do live in the US, and I know that you people outside the US get fed a steady stream of one side, and have no clue about the other side, I know because it doesnt get reported, Mass shootings are on the rise because of the complete lack of fear of consequences, I have no idea what goes on in the UK, I have a girlfriend who lives in Manchester, and she always says weird shit to me, like asking me if I was going to get a wank over a hot chick, or tells me what I say is rubbish, or bullocks, outside of that, I just know I hate that fucking family who married a below mediocre actress and the rest of the world seems to be captivated by them, they are like the Kardashians, maybe worse cause they didnt even make a fuck tape to get noticed, they just happened to be born. Very uninteresting.

21 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I have never supported defunding the police....I do support doing something about preventing mass shootings which the right wing refuses to even consider ....you will never completely eradicate gun violence , even in countries with strict gun controls, criminals find ways to get guns and use them....blaming the Dems is not going to fix the problem but if it makes you feel better so be it....

Sandy hook tore my heart out as well, just FYI, heres the thing, in circumstances like that, dude was gonna do that one way or another, I think im glad he didnt research how to make a bomb, because there are some things far more horrific that would take out many more people, Guns are easy to put down and talk shit on and spout an opinion about until you get into a situation where it may be the only thing that saves your life, and it doesnt get reported on but ordinary civilians who carry are put into situations almost everyday where if they had not been carrying, they and man peoples lifes would more then likely have ended, and let me tell you something, YOU WILL NEVER HEAR ABOUT ANY OF THESE BECAUSE OF THE CROOKED MEDIA IN THE US, not 1, the right wing stations hardly report it, you know why? because it happens so often that it cant be reported on, if you dont believe me I can offer you loads and loads of proof over what I say, and there are places crazier then the US with guns, look into Brazil for instance, that place makes the US look calm.

5 hours ago, Glen said:

Anyway back to music.

As you were. 

I have always answered all your questions, in time, but it's not as easy when you make three separate posts in a row at 1am in the morning here. But I always get around to every single point or question poised. The irony is that you've never once acknowledged the points I'm making, but instead continue to quote the 6pm news and just assume everyone agrees with you because they all saw it on the news too. And fuck, you could be right that they all agree with you. I don't know. And I'm sure you can hazard a guess as to how much I care too.  

All I know about this whole corona thing is we as humanity have been absolutely fucking drilled by the media and government... it has been hammered into us daily, for about 18 months now, to be petrified of this virus. The sole purpose for so long has been for us to live in a total state of fear. And for a lot of people's it's worked. You're prime example #1.

But it hasn't worked on me, and that's why I ask questions. If the media and government have spent 18 months trying to convince me that covid is the worst thing we as humans have ever faced, then why am I not scared of it one single bit? And if I'm not worried about it by now, isn't it normal to then ask questions about why not? Isn't it only logical to think that maybe something's off about the whole thing?

Like I said, they got you hook, line and sinker and you're merely a mouth piece for what the news tells you every night. A covid puppet, I guess we could call you. And sadly, you're not alone. But don't be so shocked that there's still actually a lot of people out there that can hold original thoughts and like to think things through themselves, without just recycling what is fed to them. 

I'm not at 1000 words yet, so I have a bit of ground to make up. So let's go here. I might have missed it, but so far I think you're the only muppet on this forum that I've seen to bring up this Delta variant of the virus as if it's the next biggest thing that's going to kill us all. Just further proof that you just mindlessly lap up everything you hear. So what are you going to do next year when it's the Sigma strain? The Magma strain's coming in late 2022 too. Then the Bombassa strain is set to be a real head turner in 2023. 10 years down the line we're still in masks and locked down, battling the Whoreswater strain. You just lap it up, never once considering that it might just be a new way to keep your panic alive, ensuring you continue to live in fear?

Anyway, I was happy to let it rest but you dragged me back in, so you can blame yourself for this one. Did I make it to 1000 words yet?

1 hour ago, Leykis101 said:

Sandy hook tore my heart out as well, just FYI, heres the thing, in circumstances like that, dude was gonna do that one way or another, I think im glad he didnt research how to make a bomb, because there are some things far more horrific that would take out many more people, Guns are easy to put down and talk shit on and spout an opinion about until you get into a situation where it may be the only thing that saves your life, and it doesnt get reported on but ordinary civilians who carry are put into situations almost everyday where if they had not been carrying, they and man peoples lifes would more then likely have ended, and let me tell you something, YOU WILL NEVER HEAR ABOUT ANY OF THESE BECAUSE OF THE CROOKED MEDIA IN THE US, not 1, the right wing stations hardly report it, you know why? because it happens so often that it cant be reported on, if you dont believe me I can offer you loads and loads of proof over what I say, and there are places crazier then the US with guns, look into Brazil for instance, that place makes the US look calm.

I agree that there are times where if a private citizen is armed they can change the outcome of a bad situation to good but there are also times when they can fuck things up and get innocents killed especially if they have no training and most people have no training except what they see in movies....also what about when people lose their shit over nothing and in a rage pull out a gun and start shooting.... the people who shoot others because they are asked to put on a mask for instance or the ones who shoot some poor cashier because they got too much hot sauce on their fucking sandwich etc....I wonder what the cops in Texas think of the new gun carry laws? Now they will have to approach everyone as if they are legally carrying a gun which will mean more shootings....the bottom line is that the more guns there are on the street, the more damage will be done because the majority of people are idiots.....I am a gun owner and the last thing I would want is for the politicians to take my guns away but I'm not foolish enough to think we don't need some reasonable restrictions...anyway just because people like me would like to see a more common sense approach to guns doesn't mean anything will actually happen, I expect the situation to get much worse before anything concrete is done about it...

14 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I have always answered all your questions, in time, but it's not as easy when you make three separate posts in a row at 1am in the morning here. But I always get around to every single point or question poised. The irony is that you've never once acknowledged the points I'm making, but instead continue to quote the 6pm news and just assume everyone agrees with you because they all saw it on the news too. And fuck, you could be right that they all agree with you. I don't know. And I'm sure you can hazard a guess as to how much I care too.  

All I know about this whole corona thing is we as humanity have been absolutely fucking drilled by the media and government... it has been hammered into us daily, for about 18 months now, to be petrified of this virus. The sole purpose for so long has been for us to live in a total state of fear. And for a lot of people's it's worked. You're prime example #1.

But it hasn't worked on me, and that's why I ask questions. If the media and government have spent 18 months trying to convince me that covid is the worst thing we as humans have ever faced, then why am I not scared of it one single bit? And if I'm not worried about it by now, isn't it normal to then ask questions about why not? Isn't it only logical to think that maybe something's off about the whole thing?

Like I said, they got you hook, line and sinker and you're merely a mouth piece for what the news tells you every night. A covid puppet, I guess we could call you. And sadly, you're not alone. But don't be so shocked that there's still actually a lot of people out there that can hold original thoughts and like to think things through themselves, without just recycling what is fed to them. 

I'm not at 1000 words yet, so I have a bit of ground to make up. So let's go here. I might have missed it, but so far I think you're the only muppet on this forum that I've seen to bring up this Delta variant of the virus as if it's the next biggest thing that's going to kill us all. Just further proof that you just mindlessly lap up everything you hear. So what are you going to do next year when it's the Sigma strain? The Magma strain's coming in late 2022 too. Then the Bombassa strain is set to be a real head turner in 2023. 10 years down the line we're still in masks and locked down, battling the Whoreswater strain. You just lap it up, never once considering that it might just be a new way to keep your panic alive, ensuring you continue to live in fear?

Anyway, I was happy to let it rest but you dragged me back in, so you can blame yourself for this one. Did I make it to 1000 words yet?

The Delta variant is more dangerous not because it has mutated into an Ebola variant but because it spreads itself around much easier....should we be concerned about Covid?...yes because it could mutate into something even more deadly...but at the moment it is most dangerous for people over 60 and for those with pre-existing health issues and yes there are exceptions but I think those people are just really unlucky....there is nothing wrong with questioning the media and government as these days it is getting difficult to separate the real from the bullshit....but I do believe that this virus is real and an ongoing concern but I expect that in a year or two we will start treating it like influenza with people who are concerned about it, getting vaccinated every year...although there will be more people getting this vaccine than the flu vaccine....

PS...love the muppets ...:)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

The Delta variant is more dangerous not because it has mutated into an Ebola variant but because it spreads itself around much easier....should we be concerned about Covid?...yes because it could mutate into something even more deadly...but at the moment it is most dangerous for people over 60 and for those with pre-existing health issues and yes there are exceptions but I think those people are just really unlucky....there is nothing wrong with questioning the media and government as these days it is getting difficult to separate the real from the bullshit....but I do believe that this virus is real and an ongoing concern but I expect that in a year or two we will start treating it like influenza with people who are concerned about it, getting vaccinated every year...although there will be more people getting this vaccine than the flu vaccine....

Yeah, to be clear, I know it's "a thing" - by now that's pretty obvious. But the point of my last tirade of posts has been that cancer is "a thing" too. And heart disease. And influenza kills people too. A host of different things on this planet kill people every day. And they're all sad ways to go. It's just the way that people like Glen (and the media he gets his speeches from) are just drilling this one single thing into us... it does my head in. 

Go ahead as tell us all about how many corona cases and deaths there are today if you absolutely must, but then let's make a list of all the different ways the entire amount of people died on that day. Singling covid out as if it's the only thing killing anyone anymore is so fucking mind-numbing. 

I think that is every logical person's hope, what you say there, that we can at some point just acknowledge that there's something else out there that can kill us, like influenza, and like you say, if you want your vaccine to be safe, go and get it and we can all be happy. I think that's what everyone sensible is asking for. The issue is, though, that it looks so much further than a year or two away. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel at all in Australia at the moment. And the way that societies that were roaming relatively freely about 18 months ago are now so heavily oppressed... that's a far bigger concern that this virus ever has been. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

this is what I'm talking about Dan. ^^^^ 

I have never dismissed other deaths

i am definitely not scared of the virus, never have been

I barely watch the news so no idea what you're on about

My one question was did the Australian government handle the virus better than the US or the UK.

it was a quite simple question which you never answered.

but tbh I'm so bored with it now I don't care.

but my word of advice is if you ever want this thing to go away, so your life gets back on track, then get vaccinated.

UK opens up fully in 3 weeks time 

3 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

My question wasnt anything to do with the UK, I dont live in the UK, so I cant comment on it, I do live in the US, and I know that you people outside the US get fed a steady stream of one side, and have no clue about the other side, I know because it doesnt get reported, Mass shootings are on the rise because of the complete lack of fear of consequences, I have no idea what goes on in the UK, I have a girlfriend who lives in Manchester, and she always says weird shit to me, like asking me if I was going to get a wank over a hot chick, or tells me what I say is rubbish, or bullocks, outside of that, I just know I hate that fucking family who married a below mediocre actress and the rest of the world seems to be captivated by them, they are like the Kardashians, maybe worse cause they didnt even make a fuck tape to get noticed, they just happened to be born. Very uninteresting.

my simple point was that barely anyone in the UK or most of Europe tbh even thinks about guns and certainly don't feel the need to own them to protect their homes etc. Just doesn't even enter our mindsets - never has. 

And I dont really think the crime level in UK is that much lower than US? dunno. you tell me. 

7 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I agree that there are times where if a private citizen is armed they can change the outcome of a bad situation to good but there are also times when they can fuck things up and get innocents killed especially if they have no training and most people have no training except what they see in movies....also what about when people lose their shit over nothing and in a rage pull out a gun and start shooting.... the people who shoot others because they are asked to put on a mask for instance or the ones who shoot some poor cashier because they got too much hot sauce on their fucking sandwich etc....I wonder what the cops in Texas think of the new gun carry laws? Now they will have to approach everyone as if they are legally carrying a gun which will mean more shootings....the bottom line is that the more guns there are on the street, the more damage will be done because the majority of people are idiots.....I am a gun owner and the last thing I would want is for the politicians to take my guns away but I'm not foolish enough to think we don't need some reasonable restrictions...anyway just because people like me would like to see a more common sense approach to guns doesn't mean anything will actually happen, I expect the situation to get much worse before anything concrete is done about it...

So tell me this, how and what can be done to regulate them more then they already are? I live in probably the easiest state in the US to get a CCW, so easy they had thousands of people from other states applying, it's extremely normal around here to see open carrying everywhere you go, so you have to assume there's as many people concealed carrying, see generally legal gun owners don't flip out and just shoot people, and just because there's always an exception doesn't mean you should change the rule, and criminals at least the ones I know, their the least concerned over gun laws, because they just buy stolen ones off the street, the majority of these gun crimes aren't committed by registered gun owners, so the bare minimum of any of it is committed by registered gun owners, so are we to make it harder for legal responsible people to obtain guns?? cause im telling you right now, it's not gonna detour or effect the criminals in anyway shape or form, they will not have any problems obtaining their guns, I know this as fact, and I can prove it to you as well, so its a conundrum, how do you solve it?

5 hours ago, Glen said:

my simple point was that barely anyone in the UK or most of Europe tbh even thinks about guns and certainly don't feel the need to own them to protect their homes etc. Just doesn't even enter our mindsets - never has. 

And I dont really think the crime level in UK is that much lower than US? dunno. you tell me. 

IDK man, you don't think about guns because you don't have them, same way Alaskans don't think about pretty women, and I never thought of the UK as a crime infested place, much like Canada, I mean everywhere has crime, but look at fucking Brazil, Mexico, I mean even Thailand and Philippines, they are fucking crazy crazy over the top violent crime, they ride around 2 deep on scooters and hop off at stop lights and car jack you, insane, I think if your police are allowed to do their jobs, it's being proven in front of our eyes here in the US, crime stays at a pretty low rate, now look at all the major cities who de-funded police, they are fucking slaughter city s, they are just on the fly, kill at will, and it's also a telling image you wont see on any news, 99% of this violent crime is??? you guessed it, black people, and hey make up only 16% or the us population, so I wont go on any further, I don't have to be racist, im just telling the facts.

41 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

So tell me this, how and what can be done to regulate them more then they already are? I live in probably the easiest state in the US to get a CCW, so easy they had thousands of people from other states applying, it's extremely normal around here to see open carrying everywhere you go, so you have to assume there's as many people concealed carrying, see generally legal gun owners don't flip out and just shoot people, and just because there's always an exception doesn't mean you should change the rule, and criminals at least the ones I know, their the least concerned over gun laws, because they just buy stolen ones off the street, the majority of these gun crimes aren't committed by registered gun owners, so the bare minimum of any of it is committed by registered gun owners, so are we to make it harder for legal responsible people to obtain guns?? cause im telling you right now, it's not gonna detour or effect the criminals in anyway shape or form, they will not have any problems obtaining their guns, I know this as fact, and I can prove it to you as well, so its a conundrum, how do you solve it?

For a start you would need all of the states to have the same gun laws which I know is asking a lot and then sentencing those involved in the illegal gun trade to life sentences.....yeah I know its not going to happen...

As for private citizens getting involved...check out what happened to this guy...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jun/28/colorado-gunman-police-officer-killed

I'm beginning to understand why cops are starting to shoot first and ask questions later because it is better to lose your job than your life....and with so many people carrying concealed weapons it just makes sense....at least this guy can have hero put on his gravestone...

6 hours ago, Glen said:

this is what I'm talking about Dan. ^^^^ 

I have never dismissed other deaths

i am definitely not scared of the virus, never have been

I barely watch the news so no idea what you're on about

My one question was did the Australian government handle the virus better than the US or the UK.

it was a quite simple question which you never answered.

but tbh I'm so bored with it now I don't care.

but my word of advice is if you ever want this thing to go away, so your life gets back on track, then get vaccinated.

UK opens up fully in 3 weeks time 

Apologies, I forgot how the forum works and that only you ask questions worthy of answer. If it's okay, can you please send me a PM after your posts, directing me how you'd like me to answer them? Hope that's cool. 

Sorry, I forgot how simple it is too. Yes, Australia had (paste tense) handled the virus better than the UK and US so every single thing that's happening here is now justified. That's as simple as it works. Maybe we should just let our government know we're all cool with being locked down and in masks non-stop for the next five years, so we do this thing better than other countries. 

Like a bunch of us have pointed out, which you obviously just glazed over completely, is that getting the vaccine in Australia at this point in time is pointless. It doesn't exempt you from any of the restrictions the rest of us are stuck with. Every vaccinated person here is still locked down, won't be travelling any year soon and is walking around in regions that have never known a single case of covid wearing a mask - and they'll be fined just like everyone else, if they don't do any of these things. What a place. 

UK opens up fully in 3 weeks time. I don't know if I'm being over-the-top when I say it still looks about 3 years away down here. If ever, if they keep up this moronic "we can't open back up again until we're down to 0 cases" mentality. 

9 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

This is where I think we all need to be at. This pragmatic viewpoint. I would be, and am, spruiking this form of calm, realistic, pragmatism around the virus. But, I do find it hard not to yell at the hysterical TV whenever I breach my self-imposed exile of the "news". 

4 hours ago, auslander said:

This is where I think we all need to be at. This pragmatic viewpoint. I would be, and am, spruiking this form of calm, realistic, pragmatism around the virus. But, I do find it hard not to yell at the hysterical TV whenever I breach my self-imposed exile of the "news". 

Well buddy you made me do something that I haven't done in many years....at first I thought you had seriously messed up the spelling but after looking it up,it turns out that spruiking is actually a real word....I'll be damned....

Edited by Dead Planet
  • Haha 1