Corona

simo

17 minutes ago, Geoff said:

My rant is about why 50,000 people in a majority-vaccinated country still see the need to get a covid test (daily)? When will this obsession with case numbers stop? 

Do people who get a measles vaccination go back every few days for a test to see if they have measles? Or any vaccination ever? Once vaccinated, why are people not just letting it go? Like I say, just mind-numbing. 

lol, and as for your last point, that's the main reason I'm getting vaccinated - that acknowledgement that you probably won't even be able to see a band in the future if you're not vaccinated (or absolutely anything else either). What a mess. 

Personal responsibility, you had a good run. Rest in Peace; Dawn of time - 2020.  

its not like that.

people going to work have to take a test. Its not daily. This is not the governments doing. Employers have a duty of care towards their employees and so have to ensure a safe working environment 

plus school pupils have to take a lateral flow test at least once a week. 

2 of mine are now self isolating because they were sat near someone who tested positive. 

This seems to be the price of freedom I am afraid 😒

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

its not like that.

people going to work have to take a test. Its not daily. This is not the governments doing. Employers have a duty of care towards their employees and so have to ensure a safe working environment 

plus school pupils have to take a lateral flow test at least once a week. 

2 of mine are now self isolating because they were sat near someone who tested positive. 

This seems to be the price of freedom I am afraid 😒

Holy shit, that is dreadful. So in 5 or 6 years when Australia gets over the 0 case obsession, this is what we have to look forward to? The world is well and truly wrecked. 

So all this vaccination pushing is just to get us to something less horrible than what we're experiencing now. It's still horrid, and a thousand miles from what we knew as "normal," but less horrid than where we are now. What a sales pitch! ;)

21 minutes ago, Geoff said:

My rant is about why 50,000 people in a majority-vaccinated country still see the need to get a covid test (daily)? When will this obsession with case numbers stop? 

Do people who get a measles vaccination go back every few days for a test to see if they have measles? Or any vaccination ever? Once vaccinated, why are people not just letting it go? Like I say, just mind-numbing. 

lol, and as for your last point, that's the main reason I'm getting vaccinated - that acknowledgement that you probably won't even be able to see a band in the future if you're not vaccinated (or absolutely anything else either). What a mess. 

Personal responsibility, you had a good run. Rest in Peace; Dawn of time - 2020.  

Well said.

The way I feel now (at least here in the USA) is that the vaccine is there for everybody that wants it.  I don't want to hear more about tests.  I don't want to hear about restrictions being put back in place because COVID is spreading.  The only way I'd welcome those things is if it's proven that the vaccine is not effective and swarms of vaccinated people are coming down with COVID.  If that happens, I'm good with rolling things back to protect people.

But as it is now, there is a protection for people out there.  If they don't want it, well....then not much more we can do for them.  They've made their choice.  Most reports here in the USA are that the increasing COVID case spread is among unvaccinated people.  Maybe I'm just a mean SOB but it's tough to feel sorry for people that chose to not get vaccinated when given the chance.  They're the ones that are keeping this COVID bullshit alive by not getting vaccinated.  But hey, I'm willing to respect their choices.  Just let me go about life as normal then without having to have restrictions to "protect" the people that choose not to get vaccinated. 

I guess I'm just to the point where I want my life to stop being inconvenienced by this thing because I feel like I've done my due diligence.  And even if I do come down with this as being vaccinated, I'm confident the effects probably won't be nearly as bad as they could've been if I weren't vaccinated.

Sorry for ranting but I'm just sick and tired of seeing COVID reports in the news every day.  This thing should be gone by now.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Well said.

The way I feel now (at least here in the USA) is that the vaccine is there for everybody that wants it.  I don't want to hear more about tests.  I don't want to hear about restrictions being put back in place because COVID is spreading.  The only way I'd welcome those things is if it's proven that the vaccine is not effective and swarms of vaccinated people are coming down with COVID.  If that happens, I'm good with rolling things back to protect people.

But as it is now, there is a protection for people out there.  If they don't want it, well....then not much more we can do for them.  They've made their choice.  Most reports here in the USA are that the increasing COVID case spread is among unvaccinated people.  Maybe I'm just a mean SOB but it's tough to feel sorry for people that chose to not get vaccinated when given the chance.  They're the ones that are keeping this COVID bullshit alive by not getting vaccinated.  But hey, I'm willing to respect their choices.  Just let me go about life as normal then without having to have restrictions to "protect" the people that choose not to get vaccinated. 

I guess I'm just to the point where I want my life to stop being inconvenienced by this thing because I feel like I've done my due diligence.  And even if I do come down with this as being vaccinated, I'm confident the effects probably won't be nearly as bad as they could've been if I weren't vaccinated.

Sorry for ranting but I'm just sick and tired of seeing COVID reports in the news every day.  This thing should be gone by now.

Hahaha. The irony is that your country and my country are 2 of the main reasons this pandemic is not done yet as our governments handling was so inept in the early stages. 

Thank fuck they pulled their finger out with vaccinations. ;)

like I said to Geoff this thing won't fully go away as I'm pretty sure that Employers Liability insurance will not cover COVID and employers won't risk being sued by employees for failing to ensure safe working environments 

20 minutes ago, Glen said:

Hahaha. The irony is that your country and my country are 2 of the main reasons this pandemic is not done yet as our governments handling was so inept in the early stages. 

Thank fuck they pulled their finger out with vaccinations. ;)

like I said to Geoff this thing won't fully go away as I'm pretty sure that Employers Liability insurance will not cover COVID and employers won't risk being sued by employees for failing to ensure safe working environments 

Seems ludicrous. Do employers get sued if someone gets the flu? There is a vaccine for that too. An employer is not responsible for the health treatment of their employees. How can you sue if someone spreads covid at work and you weren't vaccinated? That was your choice. So, I'm calling bullshit on that.

We swallow these explanations from government and insurers too easily. All it ends up meaning are more restrictions on our lives and us willingly giving away hard won rights for this illusion of safety from existential threats. 

You can be regulated until you are covered head to foot in bureaucratic tape, but is that price too much to pay for your liberty? According to the majority,  apparently not. But just because a majority of sheep want to feel safe and warm enclosed in a pen with all the other fearful sheep, doesn't mean I am wrong for wanting to be free of their pens and incessant bleating.

18 minutes ago, auslander said:

Seems ludicrous. Do employers get sued if someone gets the flu? There is a vaccine for that too. An employer is not responsible for the health treatment of their employees. How can you sue if someone spreads covid at work and you weren't vaccinated? That was your choice. So, I'm calling bullshit on that.

We swallow these explanations from government and insurers too easily. All it ends up meaning are more restrictions on our lives and us willingly giving away hard won rights for this illusion of safety from existential threats. 

You can be regulated until you are covered head to foot in bureaucratic tape, but is that price too much to pay for your liberty? According to the majority,  apparently not. But just because a majority of sheep want to feel safe and warm enclosed in a pen with all the other fearful sheep, doesn't mean I am wrong for wanting to be free of their pens and incessant bleating.

true and I agree, unfortunately I do not set employment law and I would imagine that if an employer was found to be negligent they could well be sued.

All I know is that I work for a major company and despite all restrictions having been lifted our employees still have to evidence a lateral flow test at reception.

Thank God I work from home ;)

4 hours ago, Glen said:

I can only tell you what our country is doing. If the Australian government doesn't follow suit i don't really know what to add. 

Most of the EU are following this course of action. I guess the theory is once near to 100% are vaccinated the case numbers will fall away and naturally the quarantine restrictions will begin to ease For foreign travel. 

Not every country is red only a select few.

We have 50,000 plus cases a day and as of today have fully opened so are basically living with it as you say so don't fully get your rant? 

So I guess from today I can attend a gig again although no idea what format that will take. I would assume that for the time being vaccination or a flow test will need to be evidenced for entry. 

So a question.

Of that 50,000 cases, what percentage are those who have been vaccinated?
Are the people who have been vaccinated included? And if so, what severity of covid are they getting?
We have been left wanting for a lot of info here.
For example, if you've had the virus, can you get it again? We've heard yes, no and everything in-between...

51 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

So a question.

Of that 50,000 cases, what percentage are those who have been vaccinated?
Are the people who have been vaccinated included? And if so, what severity of covid are they getting?
We have been left wanting for a lot of info here.
For example, if you've had the virus, can you get it again? We've heard yes, no and everything in-between...

I don't know honestly but I would assume that a high % are younger people who haven't been vaccinated otherwise they wouldn't be opening up.

From what I've read double jabbed people have been infected but possibly the severity of disease is lower. 

really not sure if you can get it again? or maybe a different variant. no idea. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I don't know honestly but I would assume that a high % are younger people who haven't been vaccinated otherwise they wouldn't be opening up.

From what I've read double jabbed people have been infected but possibly the severity of disease is lower. 

really not sure if you can get it again? or maybe a different variant. no idea. 

You can certainly get it if you have been vaccinated or have had it before although that is rare.....the difference is that vaccinated people rarely need hospitalization and it is even rarer that they die and that includes those with pre-existing conditions....I must admit that I'm surprised that the UK is opening up because of the great number of daily infections, I guess they assume that those who are not vaccinated are mainly the young and are not in as dangerous a situation as others....but I wouldn't be surprised if it is more about economics than health at this point....

• Like 1

Did you see that muppet today saying that 60% of current hospitalised cases in the UK are double jabbed folk? 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/60-people-being-admitted-uk-hospitals-had-two-covid-jabs-adviser-2021-07-19/

Later corrected himself but track down the press conference if you can. He talks a lot about the reasoning for what he later retracted. Either way, does that mean 40% of hospitalised cases are fully vaccinated? Intriguing strike rate. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Did you see that muppet today saying that 60% of current hospitalised cases in the UK are double jabbed folk? 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/60-people-being-admitted-uk-hospitals-had-two-covid-jabs-adviser-2021-07-19/

Later corrected himself but track down the press conference if you can. He talks a lot about the reasoning for what he later retracted. Either way, does that mean 40% of hospitalised cases are fully vaccinated? Intriguing strike rate. 

It's that kind of info from the people at the top that make you realize just how little they really understand about what is going on and how far out of their depth they are....may as well have the guy who picks up my garbage in charge....

Well....here in the US I'm seeing more and more articles suggesting mask requirements need to be put in place again and we might need to start restricting indoor activities as cases have started escalating again.  I have no doubt that the CDC will be recommending vaccinated and unvaccinated people start wearing masks indoors very soon.  I don't have a link to the article but I know the "official" said something like...."We need to protect unvaccinated people" and it won't hurt vaccinated people to mask up and add an extra layer of protection.  Why should I be concerned about protecting somebody who absolutely refuses to get vaccinated?  I get it maybe for schools with younger kids that aren't able to be vaccinated but that's about it.

I have a guy I work with who refuses to get vaccinated because he claims he's not convinced it will be good for him and that we don't know about the side effects down the line.  But yet, this same dude smoke like a pack of cigarettes a day that is surely beating the crap out of his lungs and we KNOW it's not good for him?  And he walks around work, never wearing a mask when he probably should be since he isn't vaccinated.  These are the kinds of people we're dealing with here in this Country....

I really think you're going to see a lot of vaccinated people really starting to get pissed off if we start having to take big strides backwards again after we "vaccinated people" basically have had the freedom to do as we please without masks or restrictions the past couple months. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

anyone can make a mistake. He and Chris Whitty our 2 chief medical advisers have actually been excellent throughout. If our PM had listened to them more our deaths would probably be far lower. 

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Well....here in the US I'm seeing more and more articles suggesting mask requirements need to be put in place again and we might need to start restricting indoor activities as cases have started escalating again.  I have no doubt that the CDC will be recommending vaccinated and unvaccinated people start wearing masks indoors very soon.  I don't have a link to the article but I know the "official" said something like...."We need to protect unvaccinated people" and it won't hurt vaccinated people to mask up and add an extra layer of protection.  Why should I be concerned about protecting somebody who absolutely refuses to get vaccinated?  I get it maybe for schools with younger kids that aren't able to be vaccinated but that's about it.

I have a guy I work with who refuses to get vaccinated because he claims he's not convinced it will be good for him and that we don't know about the side effects down the line.  But yet, this same dude smoke like a pack of cigarettes a day that is surely beating the crap out of his lungs and we KNOW it's not good for him?  And he walks around work, never wearing a mask when he probably should be since he isn't vaccinated.  These are the kinds of people we're dealing with here in this Country....

I really think you're going to see a lot of vaccinated people really starting to get pissed off if we start having to take big strides backwards again after we "vaccinated people" basically have had the freedom to do as we please without masks or restrictions the past couple months. 

problem is those unvaccinated idiots can still give it to you. You are not 100% safe just because you are double jabbed.

As Geoff said above 40% of people in our hospitals have been double jabbed.

The difference is most of those are recovering i think rather than ending up on ventilators which usually = death 

Why everyone can't just get vaccinated is beyond me. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Most of the reasons that people give for not getting vaccinated are asinine.

4 hours ago, Glen said:

problem is those unvaccinated idiots can still give it to you. You are not 100% safe just because you are double jabbed.

As Geoff said above 40% of people in our hospitals have been double jabbed.

The difference is most of those are recovering i think rather than ending up on ventilators which usually = death 

That's a very interesting and somewhat concerning statistic.  Just curious, have they indicated as to whether there is any connection amongst those vaccinated patients as far as age, health issues, or having received their shot from the same pharmaceutical company?   It was likely mentioned by others in this thread, but here in the U.S. it's been claimed that the percentage of hospitalizations over the last few weeks is only around 1%, thus far.  Maybe that percentage will shift in the coming weeks, but that is a considerable difference with the numbers.  I think it's fair to say that if the numbers shift to a similar ratio here in the U.S. there will be even greater hesitancy on getting a shot.

6 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Most of the reasons that people give for not getting vaccinated are asinine.

How about "tried to book in for a vaccine appointment and they are booked out for a month on advance and don't take bookings beyond a month?" Is that a good reason for the virtue signallers? Just asking on behalf of most Australians waiting for Pfizer and trying to get a booking. 

2 hours ago, auslander said:

How about "tried to book in for a vaccine appointment and they are booked out for a month on advance and don't take bookings beyond a month?" Is that a good reason for the virtue signallers? Just asking on behalf of most Australians waiting for Pfizer and trying to get a booking. 

I just rung every few days.
Eventually I got someone who stayed on the phone long enough to wait for cancellations to come up.
One came but went before she could grab it, then another came up and she managed to snag it for me :)

12 hours ago, tts42572 said:

The irony of this situation is what's wrong with the world today. Since when did these fucking idiots governing us all decide it was their duty to save all our lives? People can be angry at unvaccinated people all they want, but they are not the problem. Why do we care if they don't want to get vaccinated? It's the way their non-vaccination is being treated that is the problem. If people in a country have all had the opportunity to get vaccinated and some have decided not to, then I can sure as all fuck confirm that these people don't want restrictions put in place "to protect them." It is beyond moronic to wind everything back for people who have made the choice not to be vaccinated. I can't see how anyone from any point of view would support that. What's the point in any of this if that's the group thinking?

I just can't stand how we're all forced to do what our governments demand of us, even if vehemently opposed. The simple truth is, if you want to lock yourself down and wear masks for the rest of your life, everyone is welcome to make that decision for themselves. No harm done. But a lot of people are sick of all this shit and would much prefer to take their chances with this virus because the alternative is a terrible way to live a life. Infuriates me that we're all forced to follow this one mindset. Like everything in life these days, bending 98% of people over backwards for the sake of 2% seems to be how the world operates on every level now. Just a shame how all-encompassing this version is. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The irony of this situation is what's wrong with the world today. Since when did these fucking idiots governing us all decide it was their duty to save all our lives? People can be angry at unvaccinated people all they want, but they are not the problem. Why do we care if they don't want to get vaccinated? It's the way their non-vaccination is being treated that is the problem. If people in a country have all had the opportunity to get vaccinated and some have decided not to, then I can sure as all fuck confirm that these people don't want restrictions put in place "to protect them." It is beyond moronic to wind everything back for people who have made the choice not to be vaccinated. I can't see how anyone from any point of view would support that. What's the point in any of this if that's the group thinking?

I just can't stand how we're all forced to do what our governments demand of us, even if vehemently opposed. The simple truth is, if you want to lock yourself down and wear masks for the rest of your life, everyone is welcome to make that decision for themselves. No harm done. But a lot of people are sick of all this shit and would much prefer to take their chances with this virus because the alternative is a terrible way to live a life. Infuriates me that we're all forced to follow this one mindset. Like everything in life these days, bending 98% of people over backwards for the sake of 2% seems to be how the world operates on every level now. Just a shame how all-encompassing this version is. 

yeah but its the wankers who refuse to get vaccinated that keep spreading it about.

just get fucking vaccinated.

tbh I don't give 2 fucks about non jabbed people. they can all rot in a pile, but their reluctance to get jabbed continues to spread this poxy virus to people who have been sensible cos no matter what you get vaccine wise you are still only around 85% protected. 

I am still really concerned about my parents as unlike you who seems to feel invincible to this virus, if my parents do get it they will most probably die despite having no major underlying health issues. 

So yeah it is a concern when everything opens up and there are 25-75k new cases a day floating around (if you stop testing the cases are still there by the way, they won't miraculously disappear - thats Trump logic for you 🙄

The way out of this mess is for everyone to step up and get jabbed.

And before you say 'but Australia has got like 2 cases' , if you relax everything now, with such low vaccination %, v soon 2 will be 100 (4 days?) and then 100 will be 1000 (7 days) and then 1000 will be 20000 (2 weeks)....then you are stuffed.

Just talking from experience as its now gone that way 3 times in UK.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glen said:

yeah but its the wankers who refuse to get vaccinated that keep spreading it about.

just get fucking vaccinated.

tbh I don't give 2 fucks about non jabbed people. they can all rot in a pile, but their reluctance to get jabbed continues to spread this poxy virus to people who have been sensible cos no matter what you get vaccine wise you are still only around 85% protected. 

I am still really concerned about my parents as unlike you who seems to feel invincible to this virus, if my parents do get it they will most probably die despite having no major underlying health issues. 

So yeah it is a concern when everything opens up and there are 25-75k new cases a day floating around (if you stop testing the cases are still there by the way, they won't miraculously disappear - thats Trump logic for you 🙄

The way out of this mess is for everyone to step up and get jabbed.

And before you say 'but Australia has got like 2 cases' , if you relax everything now, with such low vaccination %, v soon 2 will be 100 (4 days?) and then 100 will be 1000 (7 days) and then 1000 will be 20000 (2 weeks)....then you are stuffed.

Just talking from experience as its now gone that way 3 times in UK.

Vaccinated people can still spread it too. But vitally, if people are vaccinated why do they give the vaguest of fucks if it's spread about? Why do we still care? Isn't that why people got vaccinated? 

The reluctance of people to actually move on from this thing is going to keep us, collectively as a world, trapped in covid for as long as I can foresee. We're the worst here in Australia, but even with all the freedoms I see worldwide there still seems to be a fine print in that no one anywhere is saying, okay, everyone has had the choice to be vaccinated or not, nothing more we can do, so let's just move the fuck on. That's not happening anywhere. And I don't know - I don't follow world news. Maybe most countries haven't been able to offer everyone vaccines yet? Is that why everywhere is still paused in a covid trance? I truly don't know. 

"Still only around 85% protected." So what are we waiting for now? The goal posts keep shifting. First everyone said the only way out of this thing was vaccination, but now it's here and it's not good enough? We need something greater than 85% protection from a virus that already has a 99%+ survival rate? 

This whole virus I felt like I've got the same numbers as everyone else but everyone else is reading it backwards. It is so infuriating. 

Why do you think your parents will most likely die if they get covid? Because you've been scared into thinking that way, pure and simple. It's why the world is in the state it is, because the majority of people are as scared as you. I don't want my parents to get it either as they're in the vulnerable age bracket, but 99%+ of people survive this thing. We shouldn't be more worried about our parents getting covid than we are about them being exposed to any other million things on earth that can claim a life. This covid obsession is completely insane. I am really curious about your wording there. Why do you think your parents will most probably die from covid, even with no underlying health issues? What has made you think that way? I find that really, really sad. 

If we are really serious about opening the world up again, 25-75K cases per day (and beyond) is unavoidable. How do you realistically expect to combine returning to a life worth living, with not having large amounts of covid cases? Can you accept that the two can't happen alongside each other? So either you are resigned to a life living in lockdowns, restrictions and fear, or you just accept this thing is something we need to live with. Because if you can't do that, is the future even worth living anyway?

Your way out of this by everyone getting jabbed is not realistic. You might not like it - lots don't - but that's the truth. You will never get 100% vaccination and to think so is absolutely moronic. So there has to be an alternative; a point where you stop trying to control the entire planet and continue with life. At some point you need to accept that you can't force everyone to get vaccinated, but still be able to move on despite this knowledge.  

At the moment, I'm not actually talking about Australia as everything I talk about above is for scenarios where entire populations have had the opportunity to be vaccinated if they want to be. Once everyone in Australia has had the opportunity, 100% I apply the same to this country. 

I don't want to go over my issues with Australia again because there's pages of it previously, but in a nutshell, locking down tens of millions of people for tiny case numbers in localised areas, instead of just concentrating on the areas where the virus actually is, is destroying this entire country. And every single premier of a state in this country is an absolute, complete fucking moron. If anyone thought there were exceptions, I think that has been monumentally disproven in recent times. And our prime minster has no control over them whatsoever. 

But anyway, I digress (as per). My simple point is that if and when everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated we just need to move on from this thing but I can't see how we ever do, the way it has become the sole focus of most lives around the world. I just find it impossible to find something to look forward to in life at the moment. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

The bottom line is this....your politicians are like most politicians which means they don't really give a fuck about anything and anyone but themselves and that means that as long as the majority do not think like you then they will continue to follow this same path because they want to get re-elected and hold on to power so they can continue to make your life miserable...lol

• 2023 Gold Donors
15 hours ago, auslander said:

I was referencing my American friend.

Can't help anyone in Australia but keep trying to book an appointment

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Vaccinated people can still spread it too. But vitally, if people are vaccinated why do they give the vaguest of fucks if it's spread about? Why do we still care? Isn't that why people got vaccinated? 

The reluctance of people to actually move on from this thing is going to keep us, collectively as a world, trapped in covid for as long as I can foresee. We're the worst here in Australia, but even with all the freedoms I see worldwide there still seems to be a fine print in that no one anywhere is saying, okay, everyone has had the choice to be vaccinated or not, nothing more we can do, so let's just move the fuck on. That's not happening anywhere. And I don't know - I don't follow world news. Maybe most countries haven't been able to offer everyone vaccines yet? Is that why everywhere is still paused in a covid trance? I truly don't know. 

"Still only around 85% protected." So what are we waiting for now? The goal posts keep shifting. First everyone said the only way out of this thing was vaccination, but now it's here and it's not good enough? We need something greater than 85% protection from a virus that already has a 99%+ survival rate? 

This whole virus I felt like I've got the same numbers as everyone else but everyone else is reading it backwards. It is so infuriating. 

Why do you think your parents will most likely die if they get covid? Because you've been scared into thinking that way, pure and simple. It's why the world is in the state it is, because the majority of people are as scared as you. I don't want my parents to get it either as they're in the vulnerable age bracket, but 99%+ of people survive this thing. We shouldn't be more worried about our parents getting covid than we are about them being exposed to any other million things on earth that can claim a life. This covid obsession is completely insane. I am really curious about your wording there. Why do you think your parents will most probably die from covid, even with no underlying health issues? What has made you think that way? I find that really, really sad. 

If we are really serious about opening the world up again, 25-75K cases per day (and beyond) is unavoidable. How do you realistically expect to combine returning to a life worth living, with not having large amounts of covid cases? Can you accept that the two can't happen alongside each other? So either you are resigned to a life living in lockdowns, restrictions and fear, or you just accept this thing is something we need to live with. Because if you can't do that, is the future even worth living anyway?

Your way out of this by everyone getting jabbed is not realistic. You might not like it - lots don't - but that's the truth. You will never get 100% vaccination and to think so is absolutely moronic. So there has to be an alternative; a point where you stop trying to control the entire planet and continue with life. At some point you need to accept that you can't force everyone to get vaccinated, but still be able to move on despite this knowledge.  

At the moment, I'm not actually talking about Australia as everything I talk about above is for scenarios where entire populations have had the opportunity to be vaccinated if they want to be. Once everyone in Australia has had the opportunity, 100% I apply the same to this country. 

I don't want to go over my issues with Australia again because there's pages of it previously, but in a nutshell, locking down tens of millions of people for tiny case numbers in localised areas, instead of just concentrating on the areas where the virus actually is, is destroying this entire country. And every single premier of a state in this country is an absolute, complete fucking moron. If anyone thought there were exceptions, I think that has been monumentally disproven in recent times. And our prime minster has no control over them whatsoever. 

But anyway, I digress (as per). My simple point is that if and when everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated we just need to move on from this thing but I can't see how we ever do, the way it has become the sole focus of most lives around the world. I just find it impossible to find something to look forward to in life at the moment. 

Couldn't agree more.  At least in terms of here in the USA where there is vaccine for everyone who wants it and they're literally begging people to go get it.

I mean, I like my odds.  I've got a vaccine that by all accounts is 90-95%% effective.  So that gives me a 5-10% chance of even coming down with COVID to begin with.  And most reports/studies so far seem to say that even if you are among the unlucky ones to get COVID after being vaccinated, your symptoms are likely reduced significantly.

And on top of that, we have a disease that 99% will survive and treatments have improved significantly over the past year.

My odds are probably way worse that I'll die in my car on commute to work than from COVID.

Now, unless the facts change like the vaccine isn't working as we thought or hospitals get so crowded they can't treat people anymore, it should be business as usual.  We bought enough time to formulate plans to combat this thing and solutions exist.  Let people move forward with the choices they've made.

But stop trying to protect people that don't want to be protected.  I mean, if they really want protection, they'll get vaccinated.  Otherwise, they're basically saying they're willing to roll the dice.  So let them.

I have a feeling when unvaccinated people see a friend or family member either die or struggle badly with COVID they might change their tune like a family I know who was anti-vaccine until somebody came down with a bad COVID case and the rest all ran out to get vaccinated when the other was in the hospital.

Edited by tts42572