Corona

simo

Aussies are in luck!

GOLDEN ROBOT RECORDS
TO GIVE AWAY FREE ALBUMS TO AUSSIES WITH PROOF OF COVID VACCINATION

In a world first, Golden Robot Records have today announced ROCK THE VAX, an initiative to unite music lovers and inspire the rock public of Australia to go and get vaccinated in exchange for a free album (vinyl or CD) from the extensive Golden Robot Records (GRR) back catalogue, while stocks last.  

From July 15 to July 31 2021, Australians are encouraged to email rockthevax@goldenrobotrecords.com with their digital certificate from the medicare app, or proof of vaccination, along with their GRR album request and postal address.

As the owner of a record label and a dedicated music lover, I just can’t sit back and watch a country I love have one of the lowest vax rates in the world,” impassions Mark Alexander-Erber, President and Founder of Golden Robot Global Entertainment. “The music industry has suffered terribly since the start of this pandemic, as many bands rely on touring for the majority of their income. COVID-19 caused touring to come to a grinding halt and vaccination seems to be the only way to bring normality back to touring and our lives. Bands need to tour to promote albums and album sales can be elevated by touring.

Alexander-Erber has taken it upon himself to devise his own plan to boost vaccination numbers in Australia, and hence ROCK THE VAX was conceptualised. GRR is prepared to dip into their own pockets and give away what could very quickly become hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of stock over the next fortnight in order to encourage the rock community of Australia to get vaccinated as quickly as possible. And the GRR back catalogue is sprawling with everything from rock titles to country, to punk, to alternative. With albums by Rose Tattoo, Dizzy Reed (Guns N’ Roses), LA Guns, Jefferson Starship, Gilby Clarke (Guns N’ Roses), Horsehead, The Cherry Dolls, The Lockhearts, Steve Kilbey, David Campbell, MiSex, Toe to Toe, Groom Epoch, Kilby Kennedy, A New Revenge, Destinia, Hayley Jensen, Palace of the King, Reece Mastin, Glenn Shorrock sings The Little River Band and Nick Barker to name just a few artists, there is sure to be something of interest for everyone.

Alexander-Erber continues, “We did so well as a Nation to beat this horrid virus that affected so many in the community. But right now, we have to double and triple our vaccination efforts, so we can eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later) gain a sense of normality in our lives and not let it creep back into our community and cause ongoing lockdowns and inflict further pain and hardship. This latest Sydney lockdown for me was enough, I feel the need to act, as beating this virus is the most important thing right now and as an Australian company working on a global scale, I can see what is happening internationally and I believe people understand they need to get fully vaccinated eventually, but may just need an extra incentive to do it right now. There is no more time to waste, we need to avoid the risk of further lockdowns by getting vaccinated now!”

ROCK THE VAX (vaccination proof for album exchange email submissions) is open from today, July 15 and will close at midnight on July 31, 2021.

For more information, head to www.goldenrobotrecords.com 

ROCK THE VAX background music 'Future Kings and Queens' by ASHENMOON

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

See now, that's weird to me.
Read my original post, I was merely mentioning what I had read in passing through the internet (the home page when logging into my web based email)
But you seem to want to turn it into a who is right/wrong.

I really don't give a toss how accurate or important it is, but I mentioned it as i thought this kind of stuff would start happening.

You went into a state of outrage and disbelief, then became detective Glen, obviously saw what I had mentioned, then went into defence mode "let me yell you how it is"

OK, but I find that a weird way to live...

why would you find it weird?

to be honest I couldn't give a shit whether you have the vaccine or not, but if someone posts something like that I think its perfectly acceptable to check it out bearing in mind I had AstraZeneca don't you think ;)

It was a bit of a WTF moment after all.

9 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

We are entering lockdown #5 in 2 hours.
because some fuckers from Geoff's state did the wrong thing and travelled covid all around our state.
Fuck you New South Welshmen :)

But damn, we have like 8 cases, and full lockdown for 5 days.
But it's never been what they said at the start and will drag on, and then we have a couple of months of very gradual easing (no masks outdoors, extend travel limit to 10km, then no masks in the workplace, 15% capacity at sporting venues and pubs, etc, etc)

I don't know if you have teen kids but I do and I can tell you first hand that the lockdowns have been having major effects on their mental health. Suck it up I hear the pro dictatorship lefties say already. But fuck you, you didn't have to grow up being confined to your home and having to wear masks everywhere for over a year of your childhood. Am I mad? You bet.

Edited by auslander
  • Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah,i read an article about some of the crap the Australian gov't has pulled down there during all of this...and after hearing some of the complaints on the board from our many Aussie members....it seriously pissed me off.I hope it gets back to some kind of normal down there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auslander said:

I don't know if you have teen kids but I do and I can tell you first hand that the lockdowns have been having major effects on their mental health. Suck it up I hear the pro dictatorship lefties say already. But fuck you, you didn't have to grow up being confined to your home and having to wear masks everywhere for over a year of your childhood. Am I mad? You bet.

It not just teenager's mental health it happening to adults as well.

Mask subject, I help out a store in Dandenong. I see a lot of people walking around the Palza without mask on or if they do they place under chin. . Security are powerless to tell them to mask up, cause don't wont be harmed by angry person.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:49 AM, auslander said:

Yeah, I have 6 kids ranging from 19 to 25.
Especially my 19 y/o and 21 y/o are feeling that they are missing out on being able to go out and have fun.
I remember how I was at that age. Indestructible, party animal, mad lad, etc
They don't get that freedom, and they don't stop getting older.

But yeah, we have lost a lot of freedom.
Biggest worry is after all this is over, the governments will feel that they have a new found ability to control us and we will submit.
Feels almost like we may enter a half-communist society.
We have never been all about freedom and referring to declarations etc like Americans, and maybe we should be.
I guess we assumed that because we are a western society, we would enjoy the freedoms by default.
But it seems its up to us to say enough is enough and make a stand at some point.

Not now, but I foresee a time....

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Especially my 19 y/o and 21 y/o are feeling that they are missing out on being able to go out and have fun.

Biggest worry is after all this is over, the governments will feel that they have a new found ability to control us and we will submit.
We have never been all about freedom and referring to declarations etc like Americans, and maybe we should be.
I guess we assumed that because we are a western society, we would enjoy the freedoms by default.
But it seems its up to us to say enough is enough and make a stand at some point.

all the aussies need to do is get vaccinated.

The UK is fully opening on 17th July and we have over 50,000 cases a day. 

• Like 1

by fully opening i mean no restrictions. There are still a few places mandating the wearing of masks like the Underground and a few supermarket chains but that is not on the governments say so. 

3 hours ago, Glen said:

all the aussies need to do is get vaccinated.

The UK is fully opening on 17th July and we have over 50,000 cases a day. 

Oh thank fuck, you have the solution. Just teleport yourself here and take a glance at what the vaccination program has done so far. Everyone knows we are behind the world with the vaccine, but the fact is that in the 30% who have had one or two injections in this country so far, you must understand that that 30% covers probably well over 90%+ of the most vulnerable who want to get vaccinated. Those that don't want to, that's their choice. As it should be. 

So yeah, we're not quite up to where the UK and US are overall with our vaccinations, but a massive, massive proportion of the most vulnerable here are vaccinated, and has it changed one single thing? Like I say, teleport yourself here and let us know yourself. You seem to know everything about everything, so I assume you have it in your ability to teleport to places and know what's going on, so please be here and enlighten us. 

Vaccination so far is this country has meant absolutely, completely fuck all, and I would very strongly argue that we are by far in the worst position the country has been in since the start of the virus. Even at it's peak, the panic and hysteria was never at the level it is today. We have been bombarded with fear and and that is how we're forced to live each day - in complete fear. 

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah mate, I've said similar before about kids, whatever ages they are. These are the only times in their lives they'll be those ages and those times are now more or less erased. My kids are a lot younger but we had a really good thing going on and that's all wrecked now, and we won't ever get to enjoy that time again with them at these cherish-able ages. Today would have been my daughter's 6th birthday party which she was looking forward to so much. We'll probably still have it, in 2023, or whenever we're allowed to let a child be happy again, but they just fuck all these things up for everyone and don't give a fuck about any of it. No cases here where we live, and a few kilometres up the freeway you're still allowed to go to school and have a party and enjoy being a child... but here we're locked down with everyone else, whether covid is in the vicinity or not. 

Hearing these filthy cunts every day at 11am and their moronic daily press conferences (which, of course I don't subject myself to - but we all know about them), talking about "keeping us safe" as they ruin as many lives as they possibly can, with absolutely no regard at all for anything outside their stupid fucking case numbers and how bad this fucking Delta strain supposedly is... it makes me so fucking angry there are words to express it. 

As for saying enough is enough and making a point, do you ever hear any opposition to all this shit from someone who has an actual voice? If I look for it I can find it (Sky News, featuring the once very influential Alan Jones) is actually calling a lot of this shit out, but they don't seem to have a voice anymore. No one with a voice ever seems opposed to what's going on. You look at polls linked with News stories and you still have a 60% majority of people wanting to be locked down until we're down to 0 cases in Australia. Because the braindead cunts all think we just get down to 0 (again) and that's the end of the story. Until the next single case and we're all locked down again. Make no mistake about it, mate, these government and media fear campaigns have got to more people than they haven't. No doubt at all there are people out there opposed to what's going on, but sadly I still fear it is a significant minority.   

On 7/16/2021 at 9:14 AM, Metal T said:

Yeah,i read an article about some of the crap the Australian gov't has pulled down there during all of this...and after hearing some of the complaints on the board from our many Aussie members....it seriously pissed me off.I hope it gets back to some kind of normal down there.

And you'd only see a portion of it too. The panic and hysteria in the media and government here is something you couldn't fathom. The fines and restriction enforcement I've heard about has actually honestly turned me off the police. I'm not now one of these "defund the police" muppets, but I have lost all respect for law enforcement in this country. When you see police circling, fining and jailing (briefly) someone in a community that has never had a case of covid, for drinking a coffee in public without a mask; or a couple fined - also in an area with no covid cases - for removing their masks as they left a supermarket (instead of once they were completely out of the premises)... it has just ensured that I have lost all respect for the police force. A man in WA was also jailed for I think it was 7 months for covid breaches. I've said it before, but I have truly grown to despise this once magnificent country.  

As for getting back to some kind of normal, the people running this joint's brains are so fucking covid-fried that it is so, so hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel.  

On 7/16/2021 at 8:49 AM, auslander said:

And the government don't give the most vaguest of fucks. Not one at all. They don't care if one thousand people commit suicide to every one covid death, due to what restrictions have done to their lives. No care at all for the tens or hundreds of thousands of lives ruined by these ongoing restrictions and lockdowns... nothing else in the world exists anymore, but covid. 

On 7/15/2021 at 11:07 PM, CureTheSane said:

We are entering lockdown #5 in 2 hours.
because some fuckers from Geoff's state did the wrong thing and travelled covid all around our state.
Fuck you New South Welshmen :)

But damn, we have like 8 cases, and full lockdown for 5 days.
But it's never been what they said at the start and will drag on, and then we have a couple of months of very gradual easing (no masks outdoors, extend travel limit to 10km, then no masks in the workplace, 15% capacity at sporting venues and pubs, etc, etc)

I know you say it in a bit of jest, but I'm not into blaming people who spread covid for what the government is doing to us. I never blame the people who unknowingly start these things off, but I sure as fuck take issue with how the "outbreaks" are treated. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Oh thank fuck, you have the solution. Just teleport yourself here and take a glance at what the vaccination program has done so far. Everyone knows we are behind the world with the vaccine, but the fact is that in the 30% who have had one or two injections in this country so far, you must understand that that 30% covers probably well over 90%+ of the most vulnerable who want to get vaccinated. Those that don't want to, that's their choice. As it should be. 

As for saying enough is enough and making a point, do you ever hear any opposition to all this shit from someone who has an actual voice? If I look for it I can find it (Sky News, featuring the once very influential Alan Jones) is actually calling a lot of this shit out, but they don't seem to have a voice anymore. No one with a voice ever seems opposed to what's going on.

I know you say it in a bit of jest, but I'm not into blaming people who spread covid for what the government is doing to us. I never blame the people who unknowingly start these things off, but I sure as fuck take issue with how the "outbreaks" are treated. 

Firstly, I lean fairly far towards Liberal. I am kind of non partisan, Paul Keating was my hero when he was in power. I like strong leaders. Even John Howard was probably the most recent strong federal leader.
But in the end, the Morrison govt put all their eggs in one basket when they went with AstraZeneca because it was cheaper and could be created here.
Easy solution, and had it worked as it should have (with NO faults and bed press) we would be in pretty good shape.
But in the end, it was a poor punt and a borderline crime not to double down with Pfizer just in case. The money we would have saved was spent months ago with lockdowns etc.
A mistake, a big one, but the timid way they are moving on shits me.

I watch sky news when I want to feel better bout what is happening :)

Those fucks who pretty much purposefully exposed the state should be shot (the removal van drivers) 
The family that broke quarantine should also at least be publicly shamed. Would deter others from running that risk.

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

So yeah, we're not quite up to where the UK and US are overall with our vaccinations, but a massive, massive proportion of the most vulnerable here are vaccinated, and has it changed one single thing? Like I say, teleport yourself here and let us know yourself. You seem to know everything about everything, so I assume you have it in your ability to teleport to places and know what's going on, so please be here and enlighten us. 

Vaccination so far is this country has meant absolutely, completely fuck all, and I would very strongly argue that we are by far in the worst position the country has been in since the start of the virus. Even at it's peak, the panic and hysteria was never at the level it is today. We have been bombarded with fear and and that is how we're forced to live each day - in complete fear. 

Its not a case of knowing everything, its simply a case of stating the blindingly obvious. Our country has now double vaccinated nearly 60% of the country. The only ones who remain are the younger generation who we either haven't gotten to yet or refuse to have it. 

This is why the UK is opening up with no restrictions.

The Australian vaccine rollout in probably around the worst in the whole world. Quick Google search says 10% have been double vaccinated as of yesterday.

Nearly 40% of your population is aged over 45 , so I'm sorry but you are not even close to having covered off the most vulnerable. 

This is why you are enduring continuing lockdowns , plain and simple.

But you hate hard truths don't you and you sure as fuck won't see reality.

No fucking way in a million years is your government not going to lockdown when a few cases show up when your % vaccinated is so shit. Cos they know full well how quickly this delta variant can spread. 

4 weeks ago we were under 1000 cases a day. less probably. but the tossers let the variant get a hold again and now we are 50,000 cases a day and rising. Now, we are lucky as we have a wall of vaccine which is preventing hospitalizations and deaths from tracking the cases BUT where you are it would be a different story, believe me, cos we've been there.

listening to cunts as you refer to them giving daily stats on a few cases is far preferable to them telling you daily that 3000 of your citizens have died. 

Maybe your government should just not give a toss and just let the cases and deaths spiral, as that seems the only way you'll be happy 

And lastly if I read one more thing about AstraZeneca being shit or somehow substandard I swear I will explode. Basically there is about a 5% difference in protection at most, maybe even less when averaged across variants - and no i don't know fucking everything I just reads a few reports cos I'm interested - and the blood clot thing is just plain ridiculous as you have more chance of having a blood clot sat on a plane for a few hours, which it seems is what most people are striving to get to. Ironic really. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
27 minutes ago, Glen said:

Its not a case of knowing everything, its simply a case of stating the blindingly obvious.

The other obvious thing is that if people get vaccinated than Covid 19 will disappear.

I'm tired of hearing about variants-I want this over as quick as possible.

Listening to people cheer anti-vaccination remarks is insane.

• Like 2

• 2023 Gold Donors

Meanwhile your liberal piece of sh!t president continues to allow hundreds of thousands of illegals into the country UNVETTED and many with C O V I D!  Nearly a million people have tried or succeeded getting in here since Jan 20,on Joe bobs watch...and the American citizen is being blamed for spreading Covid and shamed for not getting an unapproved Vaccine? :screwy:

6 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Those fucks who pretty much purposefully exposed the state should be shot (the removal van drivers) 
The family that broke quarantine should also at least be publicly shamed. Would deter others from running that risk.

I honestly don't know the story as I try to shut out as much as I can, but did any of these people actually know they had covid, or was it just unlucky? I'm sure no one is actively going around spreading it knowingly, so I do sympathise with their predicaments. 

5 hours ago, Glen said:

Its not a case of knowing everything, its simply a case of stating the blindingly obvious. Our country has now double vaccinated nearly 60% of the country. The only ones who remain are the younger generation who we either haven't gotten to yet or refuse to have it. 

This is why the UK is opening up with no restrictions.

The Australian vaccine rollout in probably around the worst in the whole world. Quick Google search says 10% have been double vaccinated as of yesterday.

Nearly 40% of your population is aged over 45 , so I'm sorry but you are not even close to having covered off the most vulnerable. 

This is why you are enduring continuing lockdowns , plain and simple.

But you hate hard truths don't you and you sure as fuck won't see reality.

No fucking way in a million years is your government not going to lockdown when a few cases show up when your % vaccinated is so shit. Cos they know full well how quickly this delta variant can spread. 

4 weeks ago we were under 1000 cases a day. less probably. but the tossers let the variant get a hold again and now we are 50,000 cases a day and rising. Now, we are lucky as we have a wall of vaccine which is preventing hospitalizations and deaths from tracking the cases BUT where you are it would be a different story, believe me, cos we've been there.

listening to cunts as you refer to them giving daily stats on a few cases is far preferable to them telling you daily that 3000 of your citizens have died. 

Maybe your government should just not give a toss and just let the cases and deaths spiral, as that seems the only way you'll be happy 

And lastly if I read one more thing about AstraZeneca being shit or somehow substandard I swear I will explode. Basically there is about a 5% difference in protection at most, maybe even less when averaged across variants - and no i don't know fucking everything I just reads a few reports cos I'm interested - and the blood clot thing is just plain ridiculous as you have more chance of having a blood clot sat on a plane for a few hours, which it seems is what most people are striving to get to. Ironic really. 

Genuine question, but does the first vaccination offer absolutely no immunity or protection at all? The 30-40% that have received at least one vaccination is just a void number? Genuine question because I don't know. 

So just to be clear, you wanted the UK to go back down into full lockdown to avoid going from 1000 to 50,000 cases? You're happy living the rest of your life in lockdown looking at covid case numbers, even though, by your own admission, people aren't being hospitalised and are not dying? But you still want to stop the spread and live in lockdown for eternity? 

I don't like hard truths? Well here's a hard truth. People die. People have always died and will always die. That's a fact of life (and death). As I've said a million times, where are the daily case numbers for cancer, the flu, heart disease, dementia, car crashes, lightening strikes, fucking everything? If this is how we're moving ahead, let's lay it down every single day in every news bulletin everywhere. Let's dedicate an hour on the hour every hour, going through the cases numbers of every ailment and death on the planet. Where's the full story? Why is covid the only thing on the planet now, and nothing else is happening anymore? Why the fuck do you care about 50,000 cases of something you're all vaccinated against? Why are you still giving a fuck? 18 months later and it still hasn't sunk in this thing isn't going anywhere? But you go ahead and get your daily case numbers and panic yourself about that if that's what makes you happy. You and others talk about wanting to move onto life after covid, but you have absolutely no intention of doing so. Your whole lives are spent watching the numbers without any desire to stop doing so. 

Honestly, you put a gun to my head and ask me if I'd prefer to live like this, or let it run free... I'd go with the latter, in a two horse race. But I know that's not for everyone. Again, I know I'm in a minority, but I just don't believe the predictions of gloom and utter annihilation, 18 months on, knowing what we know now, having whatever vaccination numbers we have, and having the standard of healthcare we have in Australia. People saying we'll become like India, I feel, is just stupid. But it's a pointless discussion as it'll never happen and we'll never know. But just assuming what happens in other countries will happen in Australia has never made any sense in the past, and shouldn't now. 

In reality, I have been able to deal with a middle-ground where they target the areas where the virus is. It happened in NSW last year, or maybe earlier this year, where the Northern Beaches local area was locked down for 5 days or so, because that's where it was. They got back down to the 0 that apparently Australia as a nation believes is the only way out, and we moved on. The entire state wasn't locked down and most people in the state could get on with life. The same thing has happened again here, where there is a very obvious concentration of cases and if this is the country we live in now, as much as I still hate it, lock those areas down. I completely, 100% disagree with locking entire states down, or nearby regions which have 0 cases. There is no consideration whatsoever for how many lives get fucked up by these lockdowns, even when there are no cases in these areas. This is the thing I have had the main issue with from the very start. All-encompassing lockdowns, rather than really tightly concentrated lockdowns. I don't understand the logic in making everyone suffer when not everyone needs to suffer. 

And go bring you AZ shit talk to that discussion - I could not give less of a fuck about that one. 

5 hours ago, nyoilers said:

The other obvious thing is that if people get vaccinated than Covid 19 will disappear.

I'm tired of hearing about variants-I want this over as quick as possible.

Listening to people cheer anti-vaccination remarks is insane.

Fucking hell, mate, you honestly believe that? You can head down to Australia and pick up a comfortable governmental job here with that attitude. Only drawback is you're not allowed to leave your house until every single person in the country is vaccinated... but by then we're dealing with the Magma Strain and we've all accepted that living in lockdown is how we end our days. 

• Like 1

So Corona has claimed another victim. This time it's Lexxi Foxx from Steel Panther. According to their website:

"The great pandemic of 2020-2037 has affected all of us. For some though, it has opened doors of opportunity and been a catalyst to seek out one's true calling in life. This is Lexxi's story. He started his side business, 'Sexy Lexxi's Prettiest Pets,' to bring in money for Botox during the lockdown. But something miraculous happened. He realized that his love for making pets pretty was greater than his love for being pretty himself. Lexxi discovered a greater love. Possibly, the greatest love of all.

"Lexxi has chosen to hang up his mirror and focus on his newfound passion. Making ugly dogs pretty. Anyway, after nearly 40 years of rocking together and taking STEEL PANTHER from the Viper Room to headlining Wembley Arena, it is with heavy hearts —but great heavy metal memories — that we bid Lexxi Foxx farewell. We love you and we wish you a wonderful future putting eyeliner on chihuahuas."

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

I honestly don't know the story as I try to shut out as much as I can, but did any of these people actually know they had covid, or was it just unlucky? I'm sure no one is actively going around spreading it knowingly, so I do sympathise with their predicaments. 

Genuine question, but does the first vaccination offer absolutely no immunity or protection at all? The 30-40% that have received at least one vaccination is just a void number? Genuine question because I don't know. 

So just to be clear, you wanted the UK to go back down into full lockdown to avoid going from 1000 to 50,000 cases? You're happy living the rest of your life in lockdown looking at covid case numbers, even though, by your own admission, people aren't being hospitalised and are not dying? But you still want to stop the spread and live in lockdown for eternity? 

I don't like hard truths? Well here's a hard truth. People die. People have always died and will always die. That's a fact of life (and death). As I've said a million times, where are the daily case numbers for cancer, the flu, heart disease, dementia, car crashes, lightening strikes, fucking everything? If this is how we're moving ahead, let's lay it down every single day in every news bulletin everywhere. Let's dedicate an hour on the hour every hour, going through the cases numbers of every ailment and death on the planet. Where's the full story? Why is covid the only thing on the planet now, and nothing else is happening anymore? Why the fuck do you care about 50,000 cases of something you're all vaccinated against? Why are you still giving a fuck? 18 months later and it still hasn't sunk in this thing isn't going anywhere? But you go ahead and get your daily case numbers and panic yourself about that if that's what makes you happy. You and others talk about wanting to move onto life after covid, but you have absolutely no intention of doing so. Your whole lives are spent watching the numbers without any desire to stop doing so. 

Honestly, you put a gun to my head and ask me if I'd prefer to live like this, or let it run free... I'd go with the latter, in a two horse race. But I know that's not for everyone. Again, I know I'm in a minority, but I just don't believe the predictions of gloom and utter annihilation, 18 months on, knowing what we know now, having whatever vaccination numbers we have, and having the standard of healthcare we have in Australia. People saying we'll become like India, I feel, is just stupid. But it's a pointless discussion as it'll never happen and we'll never know. But just assuming what happens in other countries will happen in Australia has never made any sense in the past, and shouldn't now. 

In reality, I have been able to deal with a middle-ground where they target the areas where the virus is. It happened in NSW last year, or maybe earlier this year, where the Northern Beaches local area was locked down for 5 days or so, because that's where it was. They got back down to the 0 that apparently Australia as a nation believes is the only way out, and we moved on. The entire state wasn't locked down and most people in the state could get on with life. The same thing has happened again here, where there is a very obvious concentration of cases and if this is the country we live in now, as much as I still hate it, lock those areas down. I completely, 100% disagree with locking entire states down, or nearby regions which have 0 cases. There is no consideration whatsoever for how many lives get fucked up by these lockdowns, even when there are no cases in these areas. This is the thing I have had the main issue with from the very start. All-encompassing lockdowns, rather than really tightly concentrated lockdowns. I don't understand the logic in making everyone suffer when not everyone needs to suffer. 

And go bring you AZ shit talk to that discussion - I could not give less of a fuck about that one. 

Fucking hell, mate, you honestly believe that? You can head down to Australia and pick up a comfortable governmental job here with that attitude. Only drawback is you're not allowed to leave your house until every single person in the country is vaccinated... but by then we're dealing with the Magma Strain and we've all accepted that living in lockdown is how we end our days. 

1. not really much protection from 1 jab. About 50% at best. probably more like 40%. 

2. No i didn't want them to lockdown, I wanted them to close the borders. Big difference. They did it but about 2-3 weeks too late. And yes they regret it now and have kind of apologised. You seem to think I like lockdowns? why? Do you not think I have missed seeing mates, family. gigging?? of course I have. 

3. No I don't really care about 50,000 cases a day as so many have been vaccinated that is my point! But Australia should care because you are no where near that level of vaccination - that is also my point. you seem to think Australia is immune as it has a good healthcare system lol. Well we have a good healthcare system and ours was almost overrun at the height of the outbreak. 

4. what is annoying though is we had this thing beat, down a few hundred cases and falling and they fucked up again and let it in and now they are predicting we could hit over 100k cases a day. I'm fine with that IF the deaths don't go up again so fingers crossed

5. Back to main point : get vaccinated.  Its the route out of this mess.

these are my final comments on the subject as I feel like I'm flogging a dead horse now.

I think my message is pretty clear and is not meant to come across as knowing everything . Its pretty simple. If Aussies want out, no more lockdowns they all need to embrace the vaccines - get up to 60-70% and hopefully your government will follow the lead of other countries. Hell even Scotland is opening up and Sturgeon has been the most risk adverse leader on the planet bar none. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Glen said:

1. not really much protection from 1 jab. About 50% at best. probably more like 40%. 

2. No i didn't want them to lockdown, I wanted them to close the borders. Big difference. They did it but about 2-3 weeks too late. And yes they regret it now and have kind of apologised. You seem to think I like lockdowns? why? Do you not think I have missed seeing mates, family. gigging?? of course I have. 

3. No I don't really care about 50,000 cases a day as so many have been vaccinated that is my point! But Australia should care because you are no where near that level of vaccination - that is also my point. you seem to think Australia is immune as it has a good healthcare system lol. Well we have a good healthcare system and ours was almost overrun at the height of the outbreak. 

4. what is annoying though is we had this thing beat, down a few hundred cases and falling and they fucked up again and let it in and now they are predicting we could hit over 100k cases a day. I'm fine with that IF the deaths don't go up again so fingers crossed

5. Back to main point : get vaccinated.  Its the route out of this mess.

these are my final comments on the subject as I feel like I'm flogging a dead horse now.

I think my message is pretty clear and is not meant to come across as knowing everything . Its pretty simple. If Aussies want out, no more lockdowns they all need to embrace the vaccines - get up to 60-70% and hopefully your government will follow the lead of other countries. Hell even Scotland is opening up and Sturgeon has been the most risk adverse leader on the planet bar none. 

So if you close your borders now, when and why do you open them again? You're mostly vaccinated so what's the next step? If you open the borders there will be more covid - so you're happy to be closed off to the rest of the world until your final day? That's the solution?

You just seem to me like someone who never wants to let this thing go... as if you share the same mindset as the heroes here in Australia who think we can get to 0 cases worldwide and just forget covid ever happened. I may be dumb as fuck but I generally consider myself a pretty quick learner. The fact that 18 months later, people still think that eliminating covid-19 is a possibility continues to blow my mind daily. I've said before that this virus has made people dumber, and sure as hell robbed them of all common sense. 

I'll be interested to see how Singapore go because as far as I understand it, they might be the first to actually acknowledge that life must go on, with covid-19 in it. 

I've never said Australia is immune but I do completely disagree with looking at what happens in other places in the world and just automatically saying that will happen here too. And comparing what happened at the height of the outbreak in the UK to what might happen now in Australia, 18 months later, is also stupid. I won't go back into why - I said it all above. 

I just don't understand your 4th point. What do you mean you thought you had this thing beat? You thought you'd open your borders and wouldn't have covid anymore? I'd love to understand your thinking there. What exactly made you think you could maintain 100 cases or less when trying to move on with life? What makes you think covid-19 will just nicely pack up and disappear when influenza has not? 

As for your last point, we've gone over it plenty of times, but people are getting vaccinated here. In large numbers. But the genuine concern is that our government will not follow the lead of other countries. We have premiers of states here in Australia who have made it very clear they will not settle for anything less than 0 cases, and I don't know when or how that changes. We are collectively run by fucking idiots and that is why your assumption that we'll just move on like the rest of the world has no merit. It may happen eventually, but as someone at ground level, I can't see how they get out of what they've settled into over here. Covid pops up, shut the whole place down. That's what happens here, and there's no hint that it will change. I don't know what's happened in Scotland, but I'd be amazed if it rivals what's going on here.

You casually talk about 1000 cases per day in the UK, before it went up to 50,000. If we had 1000 daily cases in Australia we'd be padlocked into out homes with the military patrolling streets shooting anyone who walked close to their front door to have a look at what's happening. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

So if you close your borders now, when and why do you open them again? You're mostly vaccinated so what's the next step? If you open the borders there will be more covid - so you're happy to be closed off to the rest of the world until your final day? That's the solution?

You just seem to me like someone who never wants to let this thing go... as if you share the same mindset as the heroes here in Australia who think we can get to 0 cases worldwide and just forget covid ever happened. I may be dumb as fuck but I generally consider myself a pretty quick learner. The fact that 18 months later, people still think that eliminating covid-19 is a possibility continues to blow my mind daily. I've said before that this virus has made people dumber, and sure as hell robbed them of all common sense. 

I'll be interested to see how Singapore go because as far as I understand it, they might be the first to actually acknowledge that life must go on, with covid-19 in it. 

I've never said Australia is immune but I do completely disagree with looking at what happens in other places in the world and just automatically saying that will happen here too. And comparing what happened at the height of the outbreak in the UK to what might happen now in Australia, 18 months later, is also stupid. I won't go back into why - I said it all above. 

I just don't understand your 4th point. What do you mean you thought you had this thing beat? You thought you'd open your borders and wouldn't have covid anymore? I'd love to understand your thinking there. What exactly made you think you could maintain 100 cases or less when trying to move on with life? What makes you think covid-19 will just nicely pack up and disappear when influenza has not? 

As for your last point, we've gone over it plenty of times, but people are getting vaccinated here. In large numbers. But the genuine concern is that our government will not follow the lead of other countries. We have premiers of states here in Australia who have made it very clear they will not settle for anything less than 0 cases, and I don't know when or how that changes. We are collectively run by fucking idiots and that is why your assumption that we'll just move on like the rest of the world has no merit. It may happen eventually, but as someone at ground level, I can't see how they get out of what they've settled into over here. Covid pops up, shut the whole place down. That's what happens here, and there's no hint that it will change. I don't know what's happened in Scotland, but I'd be amazed if it rivals what's going on here.

You casually talk about 1000 cases per day in the UK, before it went up to 50,000. If we had 1000 daily cases in Australia we'd be padlocked into out homes with the military patrolling streets shooting anyone who walked close to their front door to have a look at what's happening. 

what are you on about? Our borders are basically closed to certain countries - well when I say closed what I mean is each country has a code like green Amber red dictating if those people need to quarantine when they come in.

the problem was India was green and they reacted too late to switch it red and so the variant ran rife before they could control it.

And yes we did nearly have it beat.....down to a few hundred cases a day.

Of course there could be a new variant which could pop up anywhere but then you react to that and stop the fuckers spreading it by making them quarantine on entry.

This is basically what every country in the EU has been doing, just more effectively and quicker than our government lol.

Thats why our cases and deaths remain the 3rd highest in the world after the US and Brazil..... Who were even worse (and prob India)

And trust me, no one wants to let go of this virus more than me. I'm done, double done, triple done. 

Capiche 

PS we would have been padlocked in our homes too (and were) were it not for the level of vaccination

6 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Canada is starting to open up again mainly because around 50% are fully vaccinated and 80% have had at least 1 shot...

^^^^ this ^^^^

Thank you. Someone gets it. 

• Like 2

What a few of us Aussies are really railing about is our own country's over the top reaction that is disproportionate to the threat HERE. I can honestly say if we had 1000 cases a day our entire country would collapse! We live in a state of media and politician created fear. 

I congratulate the UK and Canada on their responses and how they are situated now. Our cousins appear much more sensible than us. We are pathetic. And it's not because of low vaccine rates. That is a natural response of a population that is sick of being manipulated by the elites. It is a form of protest against overreaching government. We will get there in the end, but no-one except the useful idiots are in a rush cause we are sick of being told what to do, what to think, where we can go, what to wear, who we can talk to - for no real good reason! We have about 10 cases a day and then millions are put in quarantine!

So, like the majority, I will get the vaccine (Pfizer only) but soon enough for me, not when some bloody jerk politician or damn celebrity piece of shit on their friggen yacht or in their mansion tells me!

Edited by auslander
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Glen said:

^^^^ this ^^^^

Thank you. Someone gets it. 

The thing that is so frustrating about you is that you don't get it. Yes, okay, we get what is happening around the world. But you don't even begin to "get" what is happening in Australia. 

The simple reality is that for us to get back to any kind of "normal" there will have to come a day when we acknowledge that we have done all we can with vaccinations (I'm assuming somewhere over 90% should suffice in Australia) and we then forget recording the daily virus numbers and let it be amongst us. But try convincing one person in this country that day ever comes. 

I don't care how many people are vaccinated here - I cannot possibly see a scenario where our leaders let 1000+ cases of covid free in society (let alone hundreds of thousands), even if we are all vaccinated. You sit in a country that isn't being completely destroyed by fucking idiots and just assume we're going to do the same as you when our vaccination numbers are the same. I wholeheartedly do not believe it to be the case. Like I said, and it never gets through, there are at least half the premiers of states in this country that will settle for nothing less than 0 cases. This is 18 months later. Vaccinated or not, they will always aim for 0 unless a greater voice finally tells them to fuck off and stop. 

One day, when the country is an absolutely beaten shell of it's former self some moron is going to have to finally acknowledge there must be life after covid, but for now, I don't think any amount of vaccination will change what is going on here.

18 hours ago, Glen said:

what are you on about? Our borders are basically closed to certain countries - well when I say closed what I mean is each country has a code like green Amber red dictating if those people need to quarantine when they come in.

the problem was India was green and they reacted too late to switch it red and so the variant ran rife before they could control it.

And yes we did nearly have it beat.....down to a few hundred cases a day.

Of course there could be a new variant which could pop up anywhere but then you react to that and stop the fuckers spreading it by making them quarantine on entry.

This is basically what every country in the EU has been doing, just more effectively and quicker than our government lol.

Thats why our cases and deaths remain the 3rd highest in the world after the US and Brazil..... Who were even worse (and prob India)

And trust me, no one wants to let go of this virus more than me. I'm done, double done, triple done. 

Capiche 

PS we would have been padlocked in our homes too (and were) were it not for the level of vaccination

Mate, I don't know your border situation and just go off what you say. I probably didn't understand your open borders correctly, but my point remains the same. I still don't understand what you mean by having it beat, but you don't now. So it was your understanding that covid was just going to disappear for good, before the Delta variant came knocking? Was this your hope, with permanent border closures until the end of your life? Or did you still think you'd get it beat, even once your borders did open up fully again? 

And then you just keep shutting your country down every time a new variant of covid-19 pops up? That's the plan for the rest of our lives as we know it? Jeez our kids have a special future to look forward to. 

No way anyone can convince you that covid's not going anywhere and we all need to learn to live with it? And I'm not having a go at you. This simple, blatantly obvious fact seems to be the one thing that the human race in 2021 cannot get it's head around. Amazing. 

I don't understand everyone getting vaccinated, but then still being closed off to half the world, and enforcing quarantine to those who do enter. Is that only a part of moving forward, or is that what the future is? 

I don't know, I really don't get it. Why are so many people getting covid tests in a mostly vaccinated country, and why are the case numbers still so important? I'm assuming a massive majority of people getting covid tests are fully vaccinated, so what is the thrill in still getting tested to see the number go up again on the news every night? 

The human race has been conditioned into mindless fucks obsessed with covid tests and case numbers. When and why will it ever stop? That's how you stop this thing. Stop the tests and constant public record of case numbers. If someone walks into a hospital in need of assistance, run tests as you would normally, and if it's covid it's covid. No need to hold a press conference for every case. If everyone's vaccinated, just get on with life. Why do there still need to be so many tests and daily case number updates? It is all just mind numbingly moronic. 

In NSW today we had just under 100 cases, from 70,000 tests. Not 70,000 overall tests this year - 70,000 test in one day. And this daily ratio is always the same. I don't know what it says to you, but to me it says we are in a country of paranoid, fear-stricken and let's face it, really dumb people. How can 70,000 people think they need to have a covid test while only 92 or so of them actually have covid? To me that is a far more worrying sign than anything covid-the-virus is actually doing in Australia. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The thing that is so frustrating about you is that you don't get it. Yes, okay, we get what is happening around the world. But you don't even begin to "get" what is happening in Australia. 

The simple reality is that for us to get back to any kind of "normal" there will have to come a day when we acknowledge that we have done all we can with vaccinations (I'm assuming somewhere over 90% should suffice in Australia) and we then forget recording the daily virus numbers and let it be amongst us. But try convincing one person in this country that day ever comes. 

I don't care how many people are vaccinated here - I cannot possibly see a scenario where our leaders let 1000+ cases of covid free in society (let alone hundreds of thousands), even if we are all vaccinated. You sit in a country that isn't being completely destroyed by fucking idiots and just assume we're going to do the same as you when our vaccination numbers are the same. I wholeheartedly do not believe it to be the case. Like I said, and it never gets through, there are at least half the premiers of states in this country that will settle for nothing less than 0 cases. This is 18 months later. Vaccinated or not, they will always aim for 0 unless a greater voice finally tells them to fuck off and stop. 

One day, when the country is an absolutely beaten shell of it's former self some moron is going to have to finally acknowledge there must be life after covid, but for now, I don't think any amount of vaccination will change what is going on here.

Mate, I don't know your border situation and just go off what you say. I probably didn't understand your open borders correctly, but my point remains the same. I still don't understand what you mean by having it beat, but you don't now. So it was your understanding that covid was just going to disappear for good, before the Delta variant came knocking? Was this your hope, with permanent border closures until the end of your life? Or did you still think you'd get it beat, even once your borders did open up fully again? 

And then you just keep shutting your country down every time a new variant of covid-19 pops up? That's the plan for the rest of our lives as we know it? Jeez our kids have a special future to look forward to. 

No way anyone can convince you that covid's not going anywhere and we all need to learn to live with it? And I'm not having a go at you. This simple, blatantly obvious fact seems to be the one thing that the human race in 2021 cannot get it's head around. Amazing. 

I don't understand everyone getting vaccinated, but then still being closed off to half the world, and enforcing quarantine to those who do enter. Is that only a part of moving forward, or is that what the future is? 

I don't know, I really don't get it. Why are so many people getting covid tests in a mostly vaccinated country, and why are the case numbers still so important? I'm assuming a massive majority of people getting covid tests are fully vaccinated, so what is the thrill in still getting tested to see the number go up again on the news every night? 

The human race has been conditioned into mindless fucks obsessed with covid tests and case numbers. When and why will it ever stop? That's how you stop this thing. Stop the tests and constant public record of case numbers. If someone walks into a hospital in need of assistance, run tests as you would normally, and if it's covid it's covid. No need to hold a press conference for every case. If everyone's vaccinated, just get on with life. Why do there still need to be so many tests and daily case number updates? It is all just mind numbingly moronic. 

In NSW today we had just under 100 cases, from 70,000 tests. Not 70,000 overall tests this year - 70,000 test in one day. And this daily ratio is always the same. I don't know what it says to you, but to me it says we are in a country of paranoid, fear-stricken and let's face it, really dumb people. How can 70,000 people think they need to have a covid test while only 92 or so of them actually have covid? To me that is a far more worrying sign than anything covid-the-virus is actually doing in Australia. 

I can only tell you what our country is doing. If the Australian government doesn't follow suit i don't really know what to add. 

Most of the EU are following this course of action. I guess the theory is once near to 100% are vaccinated the case numbers will fall away and naturally the quarantine restrictions will begin to ease For foreign travel. 

Not every country is red only a select few.

We have 50,000 plus cases a day and as of today have fully opened so are basically living with it as you say so don't fully get your rant? 

So I guess from today I can attend a gig again although no idea what format that will take. I would assume that for the time being vaccination or a flow test will need to be evidenced for entry. 

17 minutes ago, Glen said:

We have 50,000 plus cases a day and as of today have fully opened so are basically living with it as you say so don't fully get your rant? 

So I guess from today I can attend a gig again although no idea what format that will take. I would assume that for the time being vaccination or a flow test will need to be evidenced for entry. 

My rant is about why 50,000 people in a majority-vaccinated country still see the need to get a covid test (daily)? When will this obsession with case numbers stop? 

Do people who get a measles vaccination go back every few days for a test to see if they have measles? Or any vaccination ever? Once vaccinated, why are people not just letting it go? Like I say, just mind-numbing. 

lol, and as for your last point, that's the main reason I'm getting vaccinated - that acknowledgement that you probably won't even be able to see a band in the future if you're not vaccinated (or absolutely anything else either). What a mess. 

Personal responsibility, you had a good run. Rest in Peace; Dawn of time - 2020.  

• Like 1