H.e.a.t - H.e.a.t II

tts42572

• My Little Pony
6 minutes ago, Glen said:

ha ha you guys are hilarious. deciding your album of the year before the albums are released :lol:

the other 7 songs on Lebrock might be pants ;)

They def have the potential to go that way. 

;}

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

ha ha you guys are hilarious. deciding your album of the year before the albums are released :lol:

Just goes to show how consistent they are as a band. Never failed me. So just keeping high hopes on this new one too mate.

1 hour ago, Ponen said:

Just goes to show how consistent they are as a band. Never failed me. So just keeping high hopes on this new one too mate.

it probably will be awesome. Just made me laugh that's all 

5 hours ago, Glen said:

Surely people were saying this about Eclipse, and then it was lukewarm received.

1 hour ago, Y&TForever said:

Side note — H.E.A.T KILLED IT on the Monsters of Rock Cruise.   So great to finally see them live after so many years of being a fan....

I'll second that!  I had seen them only twice before at the MRF's in Chicago.  Those shows were awesome also but they definitely turned up the H.e.a.t on the cruise.  We had Erik riding on some guys shoulders though the crowd while singing, stripping down to his trunks and crowd surfing to the pool, jumping in the crowd to sing multiple times and all his other usual energy.  Not to mention, the new songs all sounded fantastic live with Rise being really immense IMO.

I'm a little bias but it sure seemed to me they were the talk of the ship and had many people buzzing that had either never seen them live before or were unfamiliar with them.  And I don't know how many shirts they brought with them but the merch booth was sold out within about 30 minutes.

H.e.a.t and Shiraz Lane were easily my highlights of the cruise.  Both have fantastic songs, energy and are great guys.

Got my Japan copy of the new one today 

I don't want to say much as I'm sure my initial excitement is overwhelming me.

But damn, I'm loving it!  Basically has everything I'd want from these guys.

I'd say initially Adrenaline is probably my favorite of the songs we hadn't already heard as singles.   But dig every tune here.  We Are Gods is pretty darn cool too!

And for me, Rise is the best album finish I've heard in a long time.  Really dig that tune and closes the album with a bang.

Just freaking fantastic :headbanger:  

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Got my Japan copy of the new one today 

I don't want to say much as I'm sure my initial excitement is overwhelming me.

But damn, I'm loving it!  Basically has everything I'd want from these guys.

I'd say initially Adrenaline is probably my favorite of the songs we hadnt already heard as singles.   But dig every tune here.

And for me, Rise is the best album finish I've heard in a long time.  Really dig that tune and closes the album with a bang.

Just freaking fantastic :headbanger:  

Bonus song?

13 hours ago, Tabe said:

A remix of "Come Clean" is what they said on Facebook.

Yes, basically a piano version of Come Clean.  Really not worth it for the Japan version IMO.  But, Japan version was worth it for a jewel case instead of a digipak :lol:

I've had a big smile plastered on my face all day today as I'm playing this at work....little different than my normal work face lol.  Have had a few people asking who in the heck I'm listening to and comment that it sounded awesome.  I told them who it was and they're like...."Who?"  

jeez I've read so much of God damned reviews and people talking about this album I wish it was just out there.

Fri seems to be taking an age to come 

it's an odd release tho... feel like I know all the songs already after those 1 min clips 

55 minutes ago, Glen said:

jeez I've read so much of God damned reviews and people talking about this album I wish it was just out there.

Fri seems to be taking an age to come 

it's an odd release tho... feel like I know all the songs already after those 1 min clips 

I felt that same way being that I listened to the clips so many times lol.

Still some nuggets to discover though ;)

• My Little Pony

My buddy was over last night. It was National Drink Wine Day, or whatever. I dunno. But we cracked open a Cab Franc, and I had Spotify playing my 'Liked' playlist in the background. When "Come Clean" came on he sat up and was "Who the hell is this?! Nobody sings like this anymore. A true clean tenor is such a rare thing these days." I just smiled. Yeah, nobody in mainstream, Top 40 sings like this. But us Rock nerds listen to vocalists like this every day. Anyway, he loved it. My 90's R&B, Reggaeton, and Justin Bieber-loving friend loved H.e.a.t. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

My buddy was over last night. It was National Drink Wine Day, or whatever. I dunno. But we cracked open a Cab Franc, and I had Spotify playing my 'Liked' playlist in the background. When "Come Clean" came on he sat up and was "Who the hell is this?! Nobody sings like this anymore. A true clean tenor is such a rare thing these days." I just smiled. Yeah, nobody in mainstream, Top 40 sings like this. But us Rock nerds listen to vocalists like this every day. Anyway, he loved it. My 90's R&B, Reggaeton, and Justin Bieber-loving friend loved H.e.a.t. 

Convert!!!

Hands down Erik is THE best vocalist on the scene right now. 

Three tracks are great....the early part of the We Are Gods chorus is sketchy but the second half is epic. Sure the lyrics are cheese ...Adrenaline...Medicine or Rock Your Body but the music is near perfection. 

Heaven Must Have Won An Angel

Are you fucking serious? Amazing track 

just Spotify-ed the whole release....absolutely incredible. It took them 6 albums to basically attain perfection. 

We Are Gods is epic and Adrenaline is just that.

Slightly worried about the replay value of some of these. Good songs but Rock your body is pretty generic and under the gun sounds too much like Eclipse. The ballad is pretty go nowhere ish.

At least 6 or 7 absolute killers on here tho 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

We Are Gods is epic and Adrenaline is just that.

Slightly worried about the replay value of some of these. Good songs but Rock your body is pretty generic and under the gun sounds too much like Eclipse. The ballad is pretty go nowhere ish.

At least 6 or 7 absolute killers on here tho 

Appreciate the honest opinion, it's a good album there's no doubt about that. But I sat through it once now and I agree there might be some issues with replay value or some ''generic'' feeling moments

This album has even more energy than I expected, that's great. 

Rock Your Body, Adrenaline, Noting To Say are not my cup of tea. Mostly because of lame choruses (the Adrenaline chorus feels like I have heard it somewhere before) or repititions or both.

Victory, We are gods, Heaven must have won an angel are great, though they all are a little repetitive.

I like all of the singles, so 7 out of 11 makes a good album, maybe 7,5 cause Under the gun is somewhere in between.

I guess Tearing down the walls is still my favourite when it comes to the songwriting but the sound isn't as perfect as on this new album. 

After listening to samples I was a little disappointed but now as I heard the full songs I'm pretty much convinced again.

I love the rougher edge compared to earlier releases. As good as they were, I grew "tired" of the songs after a while. These feel like they will last longer.

Couldn't give a fekk that the lyrics are cheesy. 80s style he's rock SHOULD have cheesy lyrics. 😁

Edited by Mafisen