H.e.a.t - H.e.a.t II

tts42572

7 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Oh and yeah, this sounds like something that could have been on ATN. I knew all of this "throw back to the first two albums" stuff would end up being a load of old guff.

It sounds more like the first two albums to me... 

Edited by sirlemonhead

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Well this is Heavy Harmonies, the home of 80s rock.

Cheesy lyrics is what this whole genre was built on.

Makes in an automatic buy for me (well it already was, but you get my meaning).

Oh and yeah, this sounds like something that could have been on ATN. I knew all of this "throw back to the first two albums" stuff would end up being a load of old guff.

I'm not sure anybody ever said it would be a throwback to the first two albums though.  I remember reading band member quotes saying they were going for a melodic rock album somewhere between ATN and TDTW.  And I think that describes this track perfectly.  It's kinda like a cross between Better Off Alone and Emergency or something.

Either way, it doesn't matter....It's just damn good :headbanger:

On 9/27/2019 at 4:58 PM, tts42572 said:

I'm not sure anybody ever said it would be a throwback to the first two albums though.  I remember reading band member quotes saying they were going for a melodic rock album somewhere between ATN and TDTW.  And I think that describes this track perfectly.  It's kinda like a cross between Better Off Alone and Emergency or something.

Either way, it doesn't matter....It's just damn good :headbanger:

Better Off Alone -Emergency, perfect description!

On 9/27/2019 at 9:58 PM, tts42572 said:

I'm not sure anybody ever said it would be a throwback to the first two albums though.

What would you say this quote in the original post says then?

"This is how we would sound if we made a debut album 2019, hence the title."

5 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

What would you say this quote in the original post says then?

"This is how we would sound if we made a debut album 2019, hence the title."

that says nothing about it sounding like the debut with Kenny. 

Why would they reference its what their debut would sound like in 2019 and call it H.E.A.T. 2  unless they are hinting that its a variation of the sound of the debut?

If they are not saying that, then they could say the same thing with any of their albums. Oh, Address the nation sounds like debut if we had recorded it this year. Tearing down the walls is how a debut album would sound if it was recorded this year.

You do not reference it being essentially how your debut would sound in a certain year unless you are trying to at least partially throw back to the sound of the original.

36 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Why would they reference its what their debut would sound like in 2019 and call it H.E.A.T. 2  unless they are hinting that its a variation of the sound of the debut?

If they are not saying that, then they could say the same thing with any of their albums. Oh, Address the nation sounds like debut if we had recorded it this year. Tearing down the walls is how a debut album would sound if it was recorded this year.

You do not reference it being essentially how your debut would sound in a certain year unless you are trying to at least partially throw back to the sound of the original.

I read that they're calling it H.e.a.t II because they're producing the album themselves and not with Tobias or anyone else.  It's their first time trying this approach so that's why their doing the whole "debut" again theme and not necessarily that they're trying to sound like their first album.

31 minutes ago, Glen said:

I think all they are saying is this album is going to be their signature sound

ie most bands sound most authentic on their debut. 

that's all. 

So they wanna sound like they did on the debut ... thats what I said.

• 5 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

It's actually a 60 second sample, but, yeah. 

The yelling "Rise!" in the chorus is a bit odd, but not enough to be off-putting. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

It's actually a 60 second sample, but, yeah. 

The yelling "Rise!" in the chorus is a bit odd, but not enough to be off-putting. 

you're a bit odd but we don't moan ;)

Sounding great to me. For sure this album is gonna ROCK 

• 2 weeks later...