H.e.a.t - H.e.a.t II

tts42572

4 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

But % the system is gosphel :lol:
Overall I'd rate the alnum as an OK album.
Some great songs, but overall, as an album, I find it syrupy in the production, with very little variance.

To be fair, I will compare it to the last album.
Redefined has that killer drum beat, background guitar riff and feels like it flows naturally. Vocals are in the lower range
Shit City is catchy as hell, and the vibe of the song is more like this recent album, but it is broken up with the verses being very different to the chorus.
Time On Our Side has that regular build up and drops off to the keys and drums, again, variance within the song.
Best Of The Broken starts with claps with an almost acapalla vibe before it moves into a more standard vibe, but comes back down for the verses.
Blind Leads The Blind has that Maidenesque bridge vocals before it heads into the rocking chorus, pretty standard rocks, but catchy as hell.
We Rule standard ballad
Into The Great Unknown is an epic song which most eitehr love or hate. I love it. A thumping backbeat with a hooky chorus and lots of different 'solos' throughout.

So much variance make a great album, and while I really like some songs of this new one, I think I will be a lot happier when I separate the 4 of 5 tracks I keep from the rest of the album.

I agree that the last album was more interesting and varied.

you forgot Eye of the Storm which is excellent.

However many fans wrote that off as too experimental and demanded a return to the TDTW sound. So at you can say that at least the band listened and reacted to their fans which is very rare these days.

whilst I agree with your point I still think this is an excellent album full of catchy songs. However there are no surprises , nothing new to hear on repeated listens so I think other albums this year may end up being better for me personally but this is probably gonna be a top 5 at worst. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I agree that the last album was more interesting and varied.

you forgot Eye of the Storm which is excellent.

However many fans wrote that off as too experimental and demanded a return to the TDTW sound. So at you can say that at least the band listened and reacted to their fans which is very rare these days.

whilst I agree with your point I still think this is an excellent album full of catchy songs. However there are no surprises , nothing new to hear on repeated listens so I think other albums this year may end up being better for me personally but this is probably gonna be a top 5 at worst. 

Eye Of The Storm never did it for me :unsure:
I guess I am one of the ones who appreciated what they did on the last album, albeit in the minority,m and it seems what they have done here appeals to a large section of fans, so good for them.
In the end, they need masses to like their music.
Pheudo Echo tried deviating from what the majority of their fans wanted and died in the arse, even though Race is an amazing album (for me)
In the same vein, if Maiden had continued with the mainstream sound of Wasted Years, I would have stayed on board, but they got all experimental and Dream Theatreish.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I played this many times. And it just isn't that great. Don't get me wrong, I like most of it. But after I heard the single "Come Clean", I was totally floored. That's still my favorite song in 2020. The rest of the songs are hit "Rise", "One By One", and "Heaven Must Have Won An Angel". or very big miss with really average boring monotone chorus like "Rock Your Body", "Victory", "Adrenaline" and "We Are Gods". 

Here are my final scores:

Rock Your Body                       7/10
Dangerous Ground                     8/10
Come Clean                          9.5/10
Victory                              7/10
We Are Gods                          7/10
Adrenaline                          7.5/10
One By One                          8.5/10
Nothing To Say                       8/10
Heaven Must Have Won An Angel       8.5/10
Under The Gun                        7/10
Rise                                 9/10

Total: 79%

Edited by AlphaMale

Rock Your Body                       8/10
Dangerous Ground                     10/10
Come Clean                          9.5/10
Victory                              9/10
We Are Gods                          8/10
Adrenaline                          8/10
One By One                          9/10
Nothing To Say                       7/10
Heaven Must Have Won An Angel       8/10
Under The Gun                        8.5/10
Rise                                 9/10

Those are my ratings. I think it's their best album. Just because it's harder and rougher. These songs have made me go back far more times than any other album as a whole. 

I've only played this album twice!

Been very busy admittedly but for some reason I don't feel compelled to play it.

It's very generic for the large part. 

• Like 1

Been spinning this quite a lot more over the last week or so and definately growing on me,unlike the instant hit it had of other members,but also unlike other members I love "Rock Your Body" & "We Are Gods" maybe i'm just easily pleased  :) but its defs 8 or 9 outta 10 for me.

Edited by lettard

7 hours ago, Glen said:

I've only played this album twice!

Been very busy admittedly but for some reason I don't feel compelled to play it.

It's very generic for the large part. 

Yes. Disappointing.

48 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Yes. Disappointing.

I disagree about songs tho - Adrenaline is prob my fav track on the album. I also love We Are Gods and Come Clean. 

3 hours ago, Glen said:

I disagree about songs tho - Adrenaline is prob my fav track on the album. I also love We Are Gods and Come Clean. 

I think the chorus ruins both Adrenaline and We Are Gods. Come Clean is awesome. I wish there was more of that.

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Remove the word very then. Still doesn't make it any less true. 

it's better than 70% but a way off Address The Nation imo. 

Well....I guess I'm obviously bias since these guys are probably my favorite band going right now but I love everything about this album and for my tastes it's light years better than anything else so far this year.  

For me, Dangerous Ground, Come Clean, One By One and Rise are all "10" songs....Just fantastic. 

I'd probably give Under The Gun and Nothing to Say something around 8-8.5.  And all the rest either 9 or 9.5.  I really dig We Are Gods...Just different than anything else they've done and dig the menacing vibe.

I'd agree it's still behind Address The Nation and Tearing Down The Walls....But I'd put it ahead of the last album.  Don't get me wrong though, I still liked the last album a lot.  There's a few tunes on it though that do very little for me which is what knocks it down (We Rule, Time On Our Side and Do You Want It).  I do agree too that it was an interesting and varied album though.

Either way, for me it makes 4 great albums in a row!

Edited by tts42572

• My Little Pony
41 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

For me, Dangerous Ground, Come Clean, One By One and Rise are all 10 songs....Just fantastic. 

Interesting. I count 4 songs. Can you show your maths?

;}

• My Little Pony
42 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

You really do need to be bitch slapped!

And which bitch is gonna slap me? You?

;}

ha ha u guys have all gone crazy or massively increased your standards 

The songs here are super generic but still catchy as hell and rocking.

easily one of the best releases you'll hear all year 

• Like 1

5 songs were good enough for me, so overall it was a disappointment, but not a massive one.
In the end it was the lyrical content that killed it.
The repetition, the cration of the world "drenaline" lol
Compare it to how you feel about Confess and it can't handle this the way you can't handle that I guess.

12 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

5 songs were good enough for me, so overall it was a disappointment, but not a massive one.
In the end it was the lyrical content that killed it.
The repetition, the cration of the world "drenaline" lol
Compare it to how you feel about Confess and it can't handle this the way you can't handle that I guess.

i guess the difference for me is this : you mention Adrenaline and I can immediately recall the intro...chorus .. etc. I cannot recall a single thing about Confess. 

On 3/20/2020 at 8:54 AM, Glen said:

ha ha u guys have all gone crazy or massively increased your standards 

The songs here are super generic but still catchy as hell and rocking.

easily one of the best releases you'll hear all year 

I agree Glen, it may not have lived up to my expectations after hearing those initial promo tracks, but still a really good album