The Defiants - Zokusho

Stefan

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Overall Dawn is their weakest album no doubt, but still some fucking great songs on that one.

Helicopter, Punching bag & Nobody cares are awesome songs.

I don't think Dawn is weak at all. Sure it's a different sound than the melodic bliss of the Ted years, but Dawn had some very memorable tunes. I have quite a few off of Dawn on my Best Of D2: The Paul Years.

agree with the last two posts, while Dawn is my least favorite Danger Danger album and I disliked it when it was originally released, I grew to appreciate the majority of songs on it, a few of which are now among my favorites by the band

11 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Didn’t say it was bad....just not a classic. 

and that's a fair assessment, it is by no means a classic and I can understand why some may not like it with the change of style

11 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

Didn’t say it was bad....just not a classic. 

It's probably the best of all the sell-out albums from that era, but it's still not great to me either. No, actually, I'd put it behind 'Ultraphobic'... I think. Anyway you slice it, even the best of those albums were still hugely disappointing and not a scratch on what those bands did prior to those releases. 

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

It's probably the best of all the sell-out albums from that era, but it's still not great to me either. No, actually, I'd put it behind 'Ultraphobic'... I think. Anyway you slice it, even the best of those albums were still hugely disappointing and not a scratch on what those bands did prior to those releases. 

And in Danger Danger's case, the awesome stuff to follow Dawn.

22 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I don't think Dawn is weak at all. Sure it's a different sound than the melodic bliss of the Ted years, but Dawn had some very memorable tunes. I have quite a few off of Dawn on my Best Of D2: The Paul Years.

I did'nt say it was a weak album, just that it was the weakest of all of their albums.

Just like Spider-man is weaker than Superman, but he sure as hell ain't weak.

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Ultraphobic is a fucking monster of an album, but yeah, the three prior albums are even better.

10 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Ultraphobic is a fucking monster of an album, but yeah, the three prior albums are even better.

I loved Ultraphobic. One of my favorite albums from them

15 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

I loved Ultraphobic. One of my favorite albums from them

I agree with your point above. That all D2 albums after 'Dawn' were 100% better than 'Dawn.' (or words to that effect, lol). 

But yeah, sadly, 'Ultraphobic' is the fourth best album in Warrant's discography and they've not bettered that since it's release. :(

On 7/28/2019 at 12:46 PM, Geoff said:

But yeah, sadly, 'Ultraphobic' is the fourth best album in Warrant's discography and they've not bettered that since it's release.

To be fair that was never gonna happen seeing as they only did three more albums with Jani. One of which was a lot more alternative (a great album, but not for everyone), one was a cover album and another was a re-recorded greatest hits.

Everything without Jani really is not even comparable to classic Warrant.

• 4 weeks later...

I disagree the song is utter perfection to me. This is going to wipe everything this year (except maybe work of art if they release the damned thing)

• Like 1

I agree it's probably the third best so far, but jeezus wept, it's still pretty awesome. Only behind the others because the others are top notch. 

• Like 2

Just came here to mention that this was my 1st blind purchase since the dawn of Spotify Era.  Watching, before listening to this anthem, Car SOS restoring a mighty Subaru Impreza ! Thank you, Lexotanil, for keeping me sane! 

• My Little Pony
51 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

The more I listen to it the more I like it....but the first two tracks were much better. 

Hmm... I think I like it better than "Hollywood in Headlights."

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 1:37 AM, zacharyamelie said:

The more I listen to it the more I like it....but the first two tracks were much better. 

The first two were immediate. This one is a real grower.