Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • My Little Pony
9 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

Yeah I've listened to this about a dozen times now and it's probably the album of the year unless Work of Art really comes through.

Not that this has been a great year for AOR (Frontiers in particular), but still.

Best thing this year is the new Neal Morse Band album, but if you're not a Prog fan it's prolly not on your radar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree it's probably the third best so far, but jeezus wept, it's still pretty awesome. Only behind the others because the others are top notch. 

New video for 'Falling For You'.     From Frontiers: THE DEFIANTS are back with their sophomore album, "Zokusho". Comprised of Paul Laine, Bruno Ravel, and Rob Marcello,

I was never a massive fan of the first album, save a few songs.  But then I listened to it again... And again... And again... And now it's a part of my regular rotation. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Best thing this year is the new Neal Morse Band album, but if you're not a Prog fan it's prolly not on your radar. 

Oh, I actually am but not nearly as much as I used to be. Not sure if it will do anything for me but I'll check it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've settled on about an 81% for this one initially too. Very nice album. Love that 'Hollywood in Headlights' jam. That and 'Fallin' for you' are my faves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

not even worth putting a % on this. All I know is it's easily the best melodic rock album so far this year.

only Crazy Lixx comes close.

these 2 are the only albums I'm likely to still be spinning in 12 months time. 

I love the Cats in Space as well but I know most here don't like the band so I'm only including pure melodic rock in this discussion 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glen said:

not even worth putting a % on this. All I know is it's easily the best melodic rock album so far this year.

only Crazy Lixx comes close.

these 2 are the only albums I'm likely to still be spinning in 12 months time. 

I love the Cats in Space as well but I know most here don't like the band so I'm only including pure melodic rock in this discussion 

It's basically the Defiants and Crazy Lixx and then everything else.  For me it's basically a coin flip on these two...Both great albums....Just depends on my mood as to which one I want to listen to.  If I have to choose, I think I'd give it to Crazy Lixx just because it annoys me slightly the Defiants put that silly Drink Up tune on the album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tts42572 said:

It's basically the Defiants and Crazy Lixx and then everything else.  For me it's basically a coin flip on these two...Both great albums....Just depends on my mood as to which one I want to listen to.  If I have to choose, I think I'd give it to Crazy Lixx just because it annoys me slightly the Defiants put that silly Drink Up tune on the album.

It's definitely Crazy Lixx and the he Defiants for my 1 and 2 for the year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a letdown after their first release. Too many patchy tracks even though individual components - vocals, guitars, production etc. are top notch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, DaHun72 said:

This is a letdown after their first release. Too many patchy tracks even though individual components - vocals, guitars, production etc. are top notch.

I agree. I mean, what were they thinking with that banjo solo in "Stay"... and the bagpipes were completely out of place in "Fallin' for You". I get that they want to be creative and "edgy" but the incessant rap drops were just a bit too much.

What's that?... oh... yeah, apparently I'm not listening to the same album everyone else is either. :lol:

Seriously though, about the last word I would use to describe this album is "patchy". Far from it.

P.S. How did Geoff's penis get stuck in your ears... Aussie meet-up?

:geoffadillos:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Its a good album, but really not doing anything for me. Even bought the Japanese version, so I really did wanna love it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how you can like melodic rock and not like this album. 

it's awesome. 

(except the last track ;) )

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Glen said:

I don't see how you can like melodic rock and not like this album. 

it's awesome. 

(except the last track ;) )

Agreed. Top notch stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony

Hm... I can understand if you're disappointed, if it didn't meet your expectations. But I can't agree with someone saying it isn't good. @Captain Howdy didn't say it was no good. Just doesn't appear to be meeting his expectations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glen said:

I don't see how you can like melodic rock and not like this album. 

it's awesome. 

(except the last track ;) )

I could say the same thing when you aren't blown away or dislike an album I do.

Everyone has personal tastes, and this one is just ok for me. Nothing special about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy this album more every time I hear it. Love it, including the last track. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

For those not digging this album, give it some more ear time... as some have mentioned, it's a grower.

Some of those choruses just embed themselves in your brain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Some of those choruses just embed themselves in your brain.

Hollywood in Headlights has one of the best I've ever heard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

Hollywood in Headlights has one of the best I've ever heard.

I agree. The song is a beauty. And the last 60+ seconds of the song is even more beautiful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • My Little Pony
2 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Hollywood in Headlights has one of the best I've ever heard.

I'm more partial to "U X'd My Heart," but, yeah, can't really go wrong with either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

'Hollywood in Headlights' is by far my favourite song on the (entirely excellent) album. Initially thought it was awesome but a little contrived. Now it's just pure, perfect bliss. 'U X'd My Heart' is probably one of the few that hasn't stacked up quite as well as others, but still a great tune. 

'Hollywood in Headlights' is why I listen to music, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

'Hollywood in Headlights' is by far my favourite song on the (entirely excellent) album. Initially thought it was awesome but a little contrived. Now it's just pure, perfect bliss. 'U X'd My Heart' is probably one of the few that hasn't stacked up quite as well as others, but still a great tune. 

'Hollywood in Headlights' is why I listen to music, though. 

First 5 are FANTASTIC add in X'ed My Heart, all interchangeable for the best of the album for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Doggy said:

What shock me, their first one is deleted  already.

It's not. Can still easily order it from Amazon UK and Frontiers webstore still selling it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been listening to this one a lot this week.  Highlights for me are 'Hollywood in Headlights' and 'Fallin' For You'.  Excellent band!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.