zacharyamelie

The battle of April 15th 2016 - Treat vs. The Defiants

Treat vs. The Defiants  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like a classic boxing match between two legendary pugilists, the battle that took place on the Frontiers label between two of the best releases in recent memory came out on the very same day.

So like a boxing match, who in your mind won the decision?

This is my take while making a ton of unnecessary boxing references.

In one corner you have a legendary band from the melodic hotbed of Sweden. Simply beautiful to watch, throwing short and direct jabs all the while making every punch count. Ghosts Of Graceland goes a full twelve rounds without knocking out an opponent but simply outclassing him in every fashion possible. They took no rounds off and delivered from the first bell to the final.

In the other corner we find a new fighter with a legendary pedigree. This fighter comes out feeling the opponent in the short first round, but comes out swinging bombs in the next rounds, only to take a few rounds off in the middle. An epic upper cut in the ninth round almost knocks the opponent on his ass. However the eleventh round drags on a little, although the same can be said about the same round from the opponent Treat. The Defiants end the fight with a flurry in the final round.

So who won the fight? It surely wasn't a knock out as this one went the distance with both fighters raising their fists in the air.

My pick is Treat - Ghosts Of Graceland....although maybe next month I might change my mind.

If I remember right and in my opinion, the last time two amazing cd's were released on the same date was back in 2010 when Treat - Coup De Grace and Crashdiet - Generation Wild came out...both finished tied atop my best of 2010 list.

Defiants won by 10% gap

After repeated listenings, I'll go easily with Treat. I don't miss the misery is their "Yesterday's news".

On the other hand, I'd love Laine to sing "Together Alone.

Initial Ratings:

Treat 91,08%

The Defiants 84,09%

Still plenty of listens in both before a decision.

If we're going with boxing references shouldn't one be in a Coma now and the other have the early stages of Parkinson's?

Ill tell you at the end of the year.

I enjoy both for different reasons.

Nice topic mate. I guess it had to be done.

I've gone with "The Defiants" at the moment, but yeah..... i reserve the right to review my vote later in the year. Close call though.

I chose The Defiants! Love the Treat(and is still growing), But for me the songs from The Defiant are more immediate, catchy right of the bat. It is hard not to compare GoG to CDG because for me CDG is one of very few albums for me that has come close to being a 100 rating( I said CLOSE), so that being said, for me this is not up there with CDG.

Treat went K.O. in the first round :D or did Defiants win by points after 12 rounds?? Haha either way, both good releases it's just that Defiant's replay value has been crazy over the past couple days for me which is why I went with them and Treat, while shorter, is more ''tedious'' to listen to in places but might change after further spins just can't see it happening currently

This. Still.

The Defiants album is good, but that TREAT album is a monster. Wow!

Yup. Exactly what I was gonna say. Can't get enough of it. But both albums are phenomenal. And hopefully the Defiants stick around for another album.

This. Still.

I still favor Defiants as of now but yeah both albums are great and still enjoy em plenty

Just saw this poll...

Defiants for me...I've went back and forth between the Defiants and Nordic Union as my favorite of 2016...really a coin flip as I love both albums.

I like Treat as well but the album tails off for me a bit in the second half.

This. Still.

This. Still.

Both comfortably in the top 10 tho.

I like Treat as well but the album tails off for me a bit in the second half.

Not a single weak song on it for me. Second half is just as strong as the first.

I missed this poll too. Anyway, although Treat are one of my all-time favourite bands (and well, Danger Danger are too, so they're both represented here) I have to say I do prefer The Defiants album in this case. Both are excellent, and very different, but I just love that really catchy style of 80's hard rock on The Defiants albums.

The Treat album has some crackers too, but imo, more really great tunes on The Defiants disc.

Treat

Are there really only sixteen of us on the board these days?

I'd pick treat.

The Defiants tread very closely to bands like Blink 182 on that disc.

I'd pick treat.

The Defiants tread very closely to bands like Blink 182 on that disc.

What? Really? I don't get that vibe.

I don't get that vibe. I get a very Four the Hard Way feel throughout. A blistering opening 5 tracks are probably better than anything on the Treat album.

A blistering opening 5 tracks are probably better than anything on the Treat album.

But I also don't get that.

A blistering opening 5 tracks are probably better than anything on the Treat album.

You don't get anything, do you? :whistle:

You don't get anything, do you? :whistle:

I get that you're a massive twat. ;}