What band that you used to like, you can't stand to listen to now?

When answering another thread, I came across this thought. I started thinking of the bands that I used to listen to all the time, but that I don't listen to today at all. Some bands I am just sick of. Other bands I often wonder why I ever liked in the first place. And some bands you just forget about while trying to catch up to all the cool music out in 2012.

The bands I used to love but never listen to anymore:

Bon Jovi

Def Leppard

Metallica

Great White

Guns N Roses

The bands I am just sick of hearing:

Ac/Dc

Scorpions

Zeppelin

Bands I just don't fucking like anymore:

Aerosmith

Basically you mentioned all the bands you hear on the radio. Not that those bands suck, but you hear the same songs over and over. The people that run F.M. radio should get a clue and play a song from one of those bands, thats not in heavy rotation.. It's not like these bands are not putting out albums.

Basically you mentioned all the bands you hear on the radio. Not that those bands suck, but you hear the same songs over and over. The people that run F.M. radio should get a clue and play a song from one of those bands, thats not in heavy rotation.. It's not like these bands are not putting out albums.

I haven't listened to the radio in a long time. LOL. Do they still play that same old shit?? :rofl2:

I haven't listened to the radio in a long time. LOL. Do they still play that same old shit?? :rofl2:

Yes they do... :doh:

One lesser known band that comes to mind - Katmandu. I got it when it first came out and it rarely left my tape deck. Now, I'll throw the cd in from time to time and I just cannot stand it.

Bon Jovi, cant bring myself to listen to the old stuff, or the new stuff. I have all their albums, except The Circle - which i never intend on buying. I dont even know where Lost Highway is..last seen in a random box somewhere as i took its jewel case for something better.

I also cant stand the Bon Jovi song used as the Australian Rugby League official song this year... "This is our house?" AHH WHAT???

OK, I have to admit I liked the grunge thing at first so I'd have to say these for sure (don't judge me!):

Nirvana

Pearl Jam

Soul Asylum

and for hard rock bands:

Led Zeppelin (I wish they would please stop playing these guys on classic radio!!!)

Rush

Slaughter (especially Fly To The Angels)

Some GNR (especially Sweet Child O Mine)

Anything from the Queensryche Empire CD (especially Silent Lucidity)

Black Sabbath with Ozzy singing (especially Iron Man & War Pigs)

• My Little Pony

There are many classic rock bands I used to listen to, but I find kinda boring now. The main one being U2.

I also don't bother with Guns N Roses or Van Halen, anymore.

I can truly say I honestly don't think I'd have a band to name in this thread. I have to admit that if I like something it's usually for good reason and I don't really have a taste in music that has wavered over the entire time I've listened to music. The first bands I ever heard before Bon Jovi and everything that followed were 1927, Bryan Adams, Icehouse, Roxette and Belinda Carlisle and although I don't have many CDs of these artists, I still even love all the songs I used to listen to from these guys as a kid, and through time have gathered most of them either via the net or from my brothers etc.

As for Bon Jovi and every band since - I still like all the ones I liked and imagine I always will.

I guess my point is that I like what I like and that seems to be a life decision. :)

Similar to Geoff really. No bands I dislike, although a few I listen to less than I used to. Saying that, I'm on a bit of an 80's kick at the moment, so some of my really old stuff is getting the cobwebs brushed off and spun to death. One of the really good things about music, you forget about a lot of stuff, then suddenly find it and relive it all over again.

Interesting...

Living in the greater Seattle area, I can live a long and happy life never hearing another song by the likes of Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Jimi Hendrix, Heart, Nirvana and it seems even if these bands aren't on the radio ALL the time, which they are, then you get, which again, no more please, GN'R, Aerosmith, Metallica. (YUCK!)

"Every now and then, I turn it on again, but its plain to see that the radio still suck."

Similar to Geoff really. No bands I dislike, although a few I listen to less than I used to. Saying that, I'm on a bit of an 80's kick at the moment, so some of my really old stuff is getting the cobwebs brushed off and spun to death. One of the really good things about music, you forget about a lot of stuff, then suddenly find it and relive it all over again.

Well put mate, pretty much sums up my view as well.

The only one that might apply to me is as mentioned above, Ozzy-era Sabbath. I never listen to that stuff these days, although I'll probably give 'Sabbath Bloody Sabbath', 'N.I.B.' or 'Paranoid' a spin before too long...

Most grunge I never listen to anymore - you know the likes of nirvana, soundgarden, pearljam etc.

Quite a bit modern rock has had it's day with me too.

In terms of HH bands, here are a few I rarely listen to these days -

Bon Jovi

Thunder

Wig wam

Def Leppard

Queen

Aerosmith

Foo Fighters

Queensryche. I still love the old stuff but never listen to the post Empire releases.

Who does?! lol

Queensryche. I still love the old stuff but never listen to the post Empire releases.

Backed.

As for me I can't stand a the post Seventh Son Iron Maiden.

Dude!,Fear Of The Dark & Brave New World are awesome, but I agree on the rest.

Backed.

The 90's albums IMO weren't of the standard of the previous ones but again IMO, Brave New World and A Matter Of Life And Death were really excellent, especially the latter.

I would say Def Leppard, anything after Hysteria I have no interest in.

Backed.

The 90's albums IMO weren't of the standard of the previous ones but again IMO, Brave New World and A Matter Of Life And Death were really excellent, especially the latter.

I still love the new Maiden stuff and Brave New World is in my top 5 Maiden albums. No Prayer was a let down and Fear of the Dark had some great songs but several crap songs and the less said about the Blaze era the better.