H.E.A.T - Address The Nation

Kim_Hp

What is your guy's definition of a "stand out" track? How do "Living on the Run," "In and Out of Trouble," and "Need Her" not meet the requirements. Is the album perfect? No. There are songs I wish I could tweak slightly, but the effort is pretty f*cking incredible, nonetheless!!

Yeah backed - the comments about lacking a stand out track are crazy?! At least 5 or 6 are killer, it's just that I thought they would nail all ten! I'm greedy like that ;-)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

What is your guy's definition of a "stand out" track? How do "Living on the Run," "In and Out of Trouble," and "Need Her" not meet the requirements. Is the album perfect? No. There are songs I wish I could tweak slightly, but the effort is pretty f*cking incredible, nonetheless!!

Yeah backed - the comments about lacking a stand out track are crazy?! At least 5 or 6 are killer, it's just that I thought they would nail all ten! I'm greedy like that ;-)

Oh, most definitely. But they didn't nail all their tracks from the previous two albums.

Oh, most definitely. But they didn't nail all their tracks from the previous two albums.

yep backed, Freedom Rock was a tad too long and had 2 or 3 fillers on board....still a great album tho.

Totally just had the one spin, but I agree there were standouts. I think, based on that one spin, what I'll find, though, is that the standouts on the first 2 albums are possibly much better songs, thus perhaps giving the first two albums the edge?

Totally just had the one spin, but I agree there were standouts. I think, based on that one spin, what I'll find, though, is that the standouts on the first 2 albums are possibly much better songs, thus perhaps giving the first two albums the edge?

I have listened to this many many times, and I stand by my original comments that my favs are 'Livin On The Run', 'Falling Down', 'Better Off Alone', 'Need Her' and 'Heartbreaker'.

And that these stack up against their back catalogue.

I have listened to this many many times, and I stand by my original comments that my favs are 'Livin On The Run', 'Falling Down', 'Better Off Alone', 'Need Her' and 'Heartbreaker'.

'Need her' and 'Living on the run' really stood out on first listen. I'm sure after many more spins I will take this to bed and insert my longmember into it's center.

Glen, I agree with you 100%!

• My Little Pony

'Need her' and 'Living on the run' really stood out on first listen. I'm sure after many more spins I will take this to bed and insert my longmember into it's center.

Speaking of odd folk...

Speaking of odd folk...

So you're telling us it fits into the center? I think you have a small problem, Geoff.

I feel for you. sad.gif

Speaking of odd folk...

So you're telling us it fits into the center? I think you have a small problem, Geoff.

I feel for you. sad.gif

After I put it through the noodle maker (which I often do) it does.

Heard it again today. Gotta say my initial thoughts stick. Great CD which ticks all the boxes... but just doesn't blow my mind. There was discussion in the Dynazty thread that that CD would one day be a classic of the genre. I must say I totally disagree with that. However, I will say that I could see this disc one day claiming that status. It truly sounds like if it was released in 1990 it could and should not be a commercial success, but it sounds like it would be. The overall sound of the band, the type of songs and the incredible production job all screams hit to me.

Great disc, but there will be stronger collections of songs this year, imo.

Speaking of odd folk...

I feel for you. sad.gif

After I put it through the noodle maker (which I often do) it does.

Heard it again today. Gotta say my initial thoughts stick. Great CD which ticks all the boxes... but just doesn't blow my mind. There was discussion in the Dynazty thread that that CD would one day be a classic of the genre. I must say I totally disagree with that. However, I will say that I could see this disc one day claiming that status. It truly sounds like if it was released in 1990 it could and should not be a commercial success, but it sounds like it would be. The overall sound of the band, the type of songs and the incredible production job all screams hit to me.

Great disc, but there will be stronger collections of songs this year, imo.

I do hope so.............

The album is a solid 9 on 10. Downtown is really growing on me, imagine if it also had a killer chorus. But like many have said, still lots of room and time for a better release this year...it's gonna be tough though.

the good news about new HEAT is it's on major label now, so I spotted a local Indonesian version yesterday at a store, and i'm pretty surprised but it all make sense because it's earMUSIC and our local label has signed a distribution contract with them years ago, so I expect EUROPE, UNISONIC, and DEVIL'S TRAIN might be released locally too. Hopefully their music will reach an even wider audience, because they deserved to be heard and appreciated by many.

A great disc that gets better with subsequent spins. My initial opinion was a little like Geoff's (again), in that It didn't completely blow me away like it seemed to do with most other people and in truth I was left slightly disappointed. Now we're further down the road, it is doing fine thank you very much. The debut got a marvelous 92%, 'Freedom Rock' a very very healthy 86% and this one, a buxom 88%

A great disc that gets better with subsequent spins. My initial opinion was a little like Geoff's (again), in that It didn't completely blow me away like it seemed to do with most other people and in truth I was left slightly disappointed. Now we're further down the road, it is doing fine thank you very much. The debut got a marvelous 92%, 'Freedom Rock' a very very healthy 86% and this one, a buxom 88%

definitely spot on with this being yet another grower...a few which didnt hit the mark at the beginning are now among my favs.

definitely spot on with this being yet another grower...a few which didnt hit the mark at the beginning are now among my favs.

I disagree about it being a grower. I liked it from the start, and can't stop listening to it. My favorite from them for sure!

The debut is clearly unbeatable, still their best to date, but as great as this one goes, love it a lot I do, I still think 'Freedom Rock' might be the better one, so leaving this one as the bottom runner.

The debut is clearly unbeatable, still their best to date, but as great as this one goes, love it a lot I do, I still think 'Freedom Rock' might be the better one, so leaving this one as the bottom runner.

But as Jez pointed out there is so little between all 3 albums - mine would be about the same - say 5 odd % between all 3. The amazing thing is that the band have produced 3 such great albums in succession - a rare thing even back in the day!

But as Jez pointed out there is so little between all 3 albums - mine would be about the same - say 5 odd % between all 3. The amazing thing is that the band have produced 3 such great albums in succession - a rare thing even back in the day!

Yeah I think that's true. Even those slightly disappointed by this new disc (including me) are only disappointed because of the incredibly high expectations, hoping every tune would be an outright killer - which is a bit unrealistic.

I found the debut the opposite of a grower; I loved it at first, but the more I played it, the less I liked it. Needless to say, I'll be giving this one a miss (haven't enjoyed the 2 or 3 tracks I've listened to). :whistle:

Yeah, I should add that I think all 3 albums are utterly brilliant. Like Tim says, my only disappointment is that this isn't the single best CD I ever heard in my life, like I kind of expected. ;) But it's still a truly great disc. When a band is this good, though, it's only natural to have high expectations.

Yeah, I should add that I think all 3 albums are utterly brilliant. Like Tim says, my only disappointment is that this isn't the single best CD I ever heard in my life, like I kind of expected. ;) But it's still a truly great disc. When a band is this good, though, it's only natural to have high expectations.

I only just got this puppy yesterday.

• My Little Pony

I only just got this puppy yesterday.

And? What arbitrary number are you looking at?

Very cool. I like Gronwall - good passionate singer. I just wish he didn't look like that idiot from Lovex. Oh well, at least he has 80,000 times the voice.

Man I love this song... top 3 of 2012 for sure.

Good classy enough clip too.