H.E.A.T - Address The Nation

Kim_Hp

I kid you not, I spun that track about 8 to 10 times non stop last night and at least 4 times today. It's fantastic.

From what I hear it's supposed to be one of about 8 absolute killers on the album. It's gonna be a long 2 months!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kid you not, I spun that track about 8 to 10 times non stop last night and at least 4 times today. It's fantastic.

From what I hear it's supposed to be one of about 8 absolute killers on the album. It's gonna be a long 2 months!!

I just hope I don't have break the bank like I did with Freddom Rock. I had to buy the Japanese version...or wait even longer. It cost over 35$. I wish they would get signed to Frontiers or some other label that NEH carries.

i guess W.E.T and H.E.A.T's new album is going to be the clash of the titans,

both were reigning champion of 2009 and 2008 for the debut respectively for me, so it's exciting to see who's gonna win this year :D

i guess W.E.T and H.E.A.T's new album is going to be the clash of the titans,

both were reigning champion of 2009 and 2008 for the debut respectively for me, so it's exciting to see who's gonna win this year :D

There of course will be others competing for the crown - not least JSS solo, Vega & Crazy Lixx & also Crashdiet if it ever gets released. Also I hope Eclipse's new album really blows my mind - I truly hope he saved all the best songs for himself!!

I'm purposely not going to play it as I won't be able to wait.

I'm purposely not going to play it as I won't be able to wait.

Well I was forced to play it 4 times in a row this morning, to help me recover from that hookless Van Halen drivel :tumbsup:

It's a band like this that makes one proud of being a swede. I can't freakin' wait for this album to come out!

By the way, it's now on youtube for everyone to hear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIwYCkJriSA

The insane amount of great bands and the legend that is Mats Naslund should make you even prouder...that and the fact that the hottest blonde chicks come from there. All hail Sweden :bowdown:

It's a band like this that makes one proud of being a swede. I can't freakin' wait for this album to come out!

The insane amount of great bands and the legend that is Mats Naslund should make you even prouder...that and the fact that the hottest blonde chicks come from there. All hail Sweden :bowdown:

Yeah we've produced some great hockey players too..., and don't forget IKEA :lol:

The question is: where are the H.E.A.T's of the U.S and Canada? You have a huge musical heritage in AOR and melodic rock music, but I don't see (at least don't know of) many young bands from those countries playing in the same style and class as the likes of H.E.A.T, or why not Crazy Lixx or Crashdïet. It's strange in a way that a country with 9 million people can produce more young quality bands than the US or Canada, the same countries that once gave us so much good music...

I'm not sure what the Swedes eat, how the hell they can make a lot of great music since ABBA :D

It must be all those meatballs.... :guitbannana:

YES!

Yeah we've produced some great hockey players too..., and don't forget IKEA :lol:

The question is: where are the H.E.A.T's of the U.S and Canada? You have a huge musical heritage in AOR and melodic rock music, but I don't see (at least don't know of) many young bands from those countries playing in the same style and class as the likes of H.E.A.T, or why not Crazy Lixx or Crashdïet. It's strange in a way that a country with 9 million people can produce more young quality bands than the US or Canada, the same countries that once gave us so much good music...

Yes, it really sucks here!

Great hockey players, no kidding. Mika Zibanejad should be a national hero. He's loved here in Canada, he prevented Russia from winning gold...Brilliant!

Canada had Harem Scarem...but not anymore :(

I saw the track listing on Melodicrock.com. One thing concerns me, it's only 10 songs, kinda short by todays standards. However the good news is that it leaves absolutely no room for fillers.

I saw the track listing on Melodicrock.com. One thing concerns me, it's only 10 songs, kinda short by todays standards. However the good news is that it leaves absolutely no room for fillers.

10-songs-album is pretty normal but with H.E.A.T, i expect them to have at least 12 or 13 songs, but there's a possibility couple of tracks for the Japanese bonus or maybe 3-4 months after the release, they're going to have another 'cool edition' version with bonus tracks :D

Now that's just greedy! Are there more on the Jap version?

I guess the jap version will have more songs. THey probably cut it down to just 10 to deliver the ultimate killer album.

IMO, 10 song albums are actually ideal. I hate those 13-14 song albums where only perhaps 5 songs are great and the rest good to average. It's just with H.E.A.T I would have welcomed more songs because you know they'r all gonna be great. I don't think they could record a filler even if they tried.

I guess the jap version will have more songs. THey probably cut it down to just 10 to deliver the ultimate killer album.

IMO, 10 song albums are actually ideal. I hate those 13-14 song albums where only perhaps 5 songs are great and the rest good to average. It's just with H.E.A.T I would have welcomed more songs because you know they'r all gonna be great. I don't think they could record a filler even if they tried.

Exactly, I will be more than happy if they deliver a 10 song album without filler.

Suits me just fine.

I like albums best when they consist of 12 or more songs nowadays, but then it doesn't necessarily have to be 'all killer no filler' for me. Quite a few times I totally got into the so-called 'fillers' after a couple of year...

Would be great to hear all '35 or so' tracks in some sort of way though. I wonder why that kinda model that Wig Wam used with 'Wig Wamania' (where you got a personalized code in the booklet for extra content on their website) never was repeated. They could put up some of the songs they didn't use for download for the fans.

Anyway, I'm sure it's going to be one hell of an album!

Exactly, I will be more than happy if they deliver a 10 song album without filler.

Suits me just fine.

I don't give a toss how many songs are on it. I just wish they wouldn't tease-us with pre-release songs and then force us to wait 6 weeks to buy the album.

On October 30 they made this statement on facebook:

"All songs for the upcoming record are done, and we've chosen the best 14 songs out of 35 or more. We will start recording early November."

Only 10 songs would definitely be a dissapointment.

I wonder if H.E.A.T will be another one of those bands that have different bonus tracks for releases for various parts of the world or for digital release. I'm hoping Japan gets those 4 extra tracks :)

I could listen to 800 new songs by a band as good as HEAT, but I personally love the idea of a 10 track album anytime. As long as they make each of the 10 tracks count, it's an exciting number.