H.E.A.T - Address The Nation

Kim_Hp

In response to Glen's post, I do think one or two of these songs have great hooks/melodies but aren't quite winners all the way through. Like "Better Off Alone", which has an amazing pre-chorus and then the chorus is not quite as awesome. But this is being very picky on a mighty disc...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ā 

I haven't heard a 10/10 track so far this year, but plenty of 9/10's. The last year that failed to produce a 10/10 track was in 2007.

Ā 

2008 had Wildest Dreams - Brother Firetribe and Follow Me - H.E.A.T.

Ā 

2009 had Caroline - The Poodles and A Scene In Replay - Place Vendome

Ā 

2010 had Chemical - Crashdiet and Everyone Wants To Be Someone - H.E.A.T.

Ā 

2011 had Memories - The Magnificent, Never Love Again - Work Of Art and Crash My World from Lovex.

Ā 

As usual I tend to agree with your pics. Plus I agree about "Follow Me" and "Everybody Wants to be Someone" being 10/10. I would add SHY - "Over You" and TOBY HITCHCOCK - "How to Stop", and remove stuff like The Poodles/Crashdiet (stuff I hate).

Ā 

How To Stop from Toby Hitchcock was in my top 10 for sure last year. I know you don't, but I like the glam stuff like The Poodles, Wig Wam, Chris Laney and Crashdiet.

Biggest musical mystery in years (on a very minor note) is still what you 2 guys (Tim and Dave) saw and see in 'Everybody wants to be someone.' I really agree with so many of both y'all song selections, but that would be in my 5 least favourite HEAT songs of all. I think it was about the 3rd weakest song on 'Freedom Rock.' What about all the good songs like 'Beg Beg Beg,' 'Danger Road,' 'Shelter,' 'We're Gonna Make It to the End,' 'Cast Away,' and 'Tonight.'

Ā 

Hard to pick my highlight of that disc, but if I had to it might be ''We're Gonna Make It to the End' perhaps?

Ā 

I haven't heard a 10/10 track so far this year, but plenty of 9/10's. The last year that failed to produce a 10/10 track was in 2007.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2011 had Memories - The Magnificent, Never Love Again - Work Of Art and Crash My World from Lovex.

Ā 

As usual I tend to agree with your pics. Plus I agree about "Follow Me" and "Everybody Wants to be Someone" being 10/10. I would add SHY - "Over You" and TOBY HITCHCOCK - "How to Stop", and remove stuff like The Poodles/Crashdiet (stuff I hate).

Ā 

How To Stop from Toby Hitchcock was in my top 10 for sure last year. I know you don't, but I like the glam stuff like The Poodles, Wig Wam, Chris Laney and Crashdiet.

Ā 

IMO most Crashdiet songs destroy anything in Z's list....esp How To Stop, but then we've been there and done this discussion (very recently I believe), so I wont dwell on this point. We all seem to love different songs these days........

Ā 

All I will say is the 4 songs I mentioned above plus probably 'Living On The Run' are all at least 9.5/10 maybe higher with repeated listens......

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

IMO most Crashdiet songs destroy anything in Z's list....esp How To Stop, but then we've been there and done this discussion (very recently I believe), so I wont dwell on this point. We all seem to love different songs these days........

Ā 

All I will say is the 4 songs I mentioned above plus probably 'Living On The Run' are all at least 9.5/10 maybe higher with repeated listens......

Ā 

Cheers

Yeah, 'Generation Wild' is a banquet of killer tunes. You guys all really need to hear the new Peep Show disc - that includes you, Dave. They're pretty much giving it away here:

Ā 

http://www.peepshowonline.co.uk/peepshow-store/music/detail/7-music/flypage/128-london-gig-ticket-a-free-album-?sef=hcfp

Ā 

Especially if you buy their pretty solid sleaze debut to score free shipping.

One other small point - 2007.

Ā 

I disagree that the year didnt produce a 10/10 song.

Ā 

There is definitely at least one 10/10 song amongst these albums -

Ā 

Crazy Lixx - Loud Minority

Threshold - Dead Reckoning

Ted Poley - Smile

Loverboy - Just Gettin Started

Hardcore Superstar - Dreamin In A Casket

Rockarma - Bring It

Alter Bridge - Blackbird

Endeverafter - Kiss of Kill

Ā 

All amazing albums IMO.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Cheers

Yeah, 'Generation Wild' is a banquet of killer tunes. You guys all really need to hear the new Peep Show disc - that includes you, Dave. They're pretty much giving it away here:

Ā 

http://www.peepshowonline.co.uk/peepshow-store/music/detail/7-music/flypage/128-london-gig-ticket-a-free-album-?sef=hcfp

Ā 

Ā 

Crashdiet suck IMO. I didn't like any of it, and is not my thing at all...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Crashdiet suck IMO. I didn't like any of it, and is not my thing at all...

You can tell that to the coconut on the deserted island you'd share with all the people who share that opinion. ;)

• My Little Pony

Biggest musical mystery in years (on a very minor note) is still what you 2 guys (Tim and Dave) saw and see in 'Everybody wants to be someone.' I really agree with so many of both y'all song selections, but that would be in my 5 least favourite HEAT songs of all. I think it was about the 3rd weakest song on 'Freedom Rock.' What about all the good songs like 'Beg Beg Beg,' 'Danger Road,' 'Shelter,' 'We're Gonna Make It to the End,' 'Cast Away,' and 'Tonight.'

Ā 

Hard to pick my highlight of that disc, but if I had to it might be ''We're Gonna Make It to the End' perhaps?

Ā 

As much as Geoff and I love to disagree on a lot of things, this is definitely not one of those times. Seriously? Everybody Wants to be Someone?!!

I can understand those who think "Everybody Wants To Be Someone" is a fantastic track. Personally I don't think it was the best song on Freedom Rock (what about "Danger Road" or "Cast Away"?) but a damn fine track indeed. But i love almost every song on that album and i think it's a clear sign of quality that everybody seem to have different favorites.

Ā 

Intrigued as for the comments about "How to Stop" though, seriously that was IMO by far the weakest track on that CD. But that's just me :)

I can understand those who think "Everybody Wants To Be Someone" is a fantastic track. Personally I don't think it was the best song on Freedom Rock (what about "Danger Road" or "Cast Away"?) but a damn fine track indeed. But i love almost every song on that album and i think it's a clear sign of quality that everybody seem to have different favorites.

Ā 

Intrigued as for the comments about "How to Stop" though, seriously that was IMO by far the weakest track on that CD. But that's just me :)

Ā 

ha ha,at last someone who agrees with me re 'How To Stop'...thank God, and thank you!

Ā 

Re Freedom Rock - you are all wrong, the best track was 'Nobody Loves You (Like I Do)'.

Ā 

In fact my top 5 would be (in order)

Ā 

Nobody Loves You

Tonight

Stay

Danger Road

Cast Away

Ā 

Great album though................

Funny how Danger Road seems to be popular, I think it's way too cheesy Ć  la Kenny Loggins doing a new Top Gun soundtrack song, it is one of the weakest in my opinion on Freedom Rock. The weakest (on my Japanese pressing) are Black Night...dreadful guest vocals from Tobbias, Living In A Memory, bonus track for a reason and then probably Danger Road....although I did put it on my H.E.A.T. mixed cd for the car, but didn't put the other 2 songs.

Ā 

It will be hard trying to make a new H.E.A.T. mix for the car with the new one. The vocals are so different, it will sound like different bands.

• My Little Pony

So...

Ā 

This album pretty much kicks senseless amounts of copious ass! I can't stop playing "Need Her." It's definitely my favourite track at the moment.

So...

Ā 

This album pretty much kicks senseless amounts of copious ass! I can't stop playing "Need Her." It's definitely my favourite track at the moment.

Ā 

could be the catchiest track this year

So...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Just for once today, I'm going to agree with you.

• My Little Pony

So...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Do my eyes deceive me? Did Tim really say what I think he said? Shit, I'ma mark this day in my calender. Here's an entry in my diary I'll cherish forever.

So...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Do my eyes deceive me? Did Tim really say what I think he said? Shit, I'ma mark this day in my calender. Here's an entry in my diary I'll cherish forever.

Ā 

I was talking to Glen. As you were.

• My Little Pony

So...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Don't fuck with my emotions.

So...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Don't fuck with my emotions.

Ā 

Alright, just post something sensible and I'll agree with it. In the meantime make sure there are no bottles of pills or open windows near you...

I just heard an interview with Eric Rivers and Erik Gronwall on swedish radio , apparently they have recorded 15 songs...for an album that was supposed to be 12 songs but then was cut down to 10. I hope the jap version will have those tracks...

Ā 

Ā 

15 songs? wow, last year a few of the H.E.A.T guys were at Firefest & played 28 songs to Kieran who organises Firefest.

According to him, every song he heard is flawless.

I just heard an interview with Eric Rivers and Erik Gronwall on swedish radio , apparently they have recorded 15 songs...for an album that was supposed to be 12 songs but then was cut down to 10. I hope the jap version will have those tracks...

Ā 

Ā 

15 songs? wow, last year a few of the H.E.A.T guys were at Firefest & played 28 songs to Kieran who organises Firefest.

Ā 

I wonder whether in a couple of years we see bootlegs of all those tracks floating around (same goes for a lot of other bands) just like f.e the Blue Tears demos back then...

Ā 

Back on topic: Got the album today and on first spin it definately sounds like a winner! Not a perfect, but a very good album to my ears with some instant massive tracks as "Breaking the Silence", "Living on the Run" or "Heartbreaker".

I wonder whether anyone else was expecting a huge chorus in "Downtown"? All the way through I just thought 'now it's going to take off completely over the top', but somehow that didn't happen (I DO like the song!).

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah but maybe those were demos or something...15 songs has been properly recorded in the A.T.N sessions. A few of those will be on the jap, but not all ?

Ā 

I wonder whether anyone else was expecting a huge chorus in "Downtown"? All the way through I just thought 'now it's going to take off completely over the top', but somehow that didn't happen (I DO like the song!).

Ā 

I thought exactly the same. It builds nicely but just ends-up being a pleasant tune with no big hook. Weakest track for me...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I wonder whether in a couple of years we see bootlegs of all those tracks floating around (same goes for a lot of other bands) just like f.e the Blue Tears demos back then...

Ā 

Back on topic: Got the album today and on first spin it definately sounds like a winner! Not a perfect, but a very good album to my ears with some instant massive tracks as "Breaking the Silence", "Living on the Run" or "Heartbreaker".

Ā 

I'm getting my copy tomorrow and that will be the first complete spin of the album for me. I did hear "Downtown" on youtube and I completely agree, that song is really lacking a proper chorus, doesn't it? But nevertheless it's still a winner, total 80's AOR.