H.E.A.T - Address The Nation

Kim_Hp

Very cool. I like Gronwall - good passionate singer. I just wish he didn't look like that idiot from Lovex. Oh well, at least he has 80,000 times the voice.

Man I love this song... top 3 of 2012 for sure.

Good classy enough clip too.

Yeah I watched this vid for the first time last night. Pretty cool with some decent skirt too :christmas: Gronwall is excellent IMO, cant wait to see him live hopefully soon this year with any luck. This track is a definite blinder and this and 'Better Off Alone' are the two 10/10 tracks on 'Address The Nation' imo.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say this album has really grown on me. First few listens I never really liked "Breaking the Silence" much (killer guitar solo though) and the last 2 tracks, nor did I like "Falling Down" that much. Of course everything else was killer. I'm still not really enjoying those last 2 tracks as much as the rest, but they do add some variety and this is a great spin if you play it all. My early criticism of no stand-out tracks is probably harsh as "Better off Alone" and "Living on the Run" are obviously sensational, so is "The One and Only" (am a sucker for a cheesy ballad). Yeah, pretty damn fantastic stuff. On a par with Shinedown for my fave of 2012...

I have to say this album has really grown on me. First few listens I never really liked "Breaking the Silence" much (killer guitar solo though) and the last 2 tracks, nor did I like "Falling Down" that much. Of course everything else was killer. I'm still not really enjoying those last 2 tracks as much as the rest, but they do add some variety and this is a great spin if you play it all. My early criticism of no stand-out tracks is probably harsh as "Better off Alone" and "Living on the Run" are obviously sensational, so is "The One and Only" (am a sucker for a cheesy ballad). Yeah, pretty damn fantastic stuff. On a par with Shinedown for my fave of 2012...

You had me at hello... and then totally lost me at farewell. ;)

I totally agree that this album is really, really growing with each spin. 'Breaking the silence' is SOOOO awesome. Perfect opener and how every album should open. 'Better off alone' and 'Living on the run' I agree are the picks for me too.

I have to admit that the ballad is kind of a miss for me. Not bad, but it's one of the three weakest songs on the album for me. The other two being 'Falling down' which is a bit of a plodder and I hate to say it, but ' In and Out of Trouble' is one of my least favourites. I love the tempo and even like the sax, but that stupid "Hit me make it double" line in the chorus is BY FAR the worst lyric of 2012. Sooo stupid. That one line really wrecks that song for me, sadly. Anyway, other than that, love the rest of the disc.

On par with Shinedown? Shame on you, Tim. ;) I guess that's what I don't "get" about that band... how they could even rate a comparison to a group of geniuses like HEAT, let alone compare on a level par. :)

Oh, and that bonus track 'Back into your arms' is utterly essential. I want to stab everyone responsible for it not being on every version of the CD.

On par with Shinedown? Shame on you, Tim. ;) I guess that's what I don't "get" about that band... how they could even rate a comparison to a group of geniuses like HEAT, let alone compare on a level par. :)

Well it's hard to compare as they're different styles of music, but I'd honestly give Shinedown the slight edge if I was pushed. They're geniuses too in my book!

Well it's hard to compare as they're different styles of music, but I'd honestly give Shinedown the slight edge if I was pushed. They're geniuses too in my book!

Two very different styles, however both albums easily amongst the best of 2012....so far.

'Falling Down' a plodder ?? Jesus I've heard it all now?! How anyone cannot class that song as nothing short of excellent is beyond me! Amazing intro, great vocal, uptempo cool chorus and spectacular solo (one if the best on the album) - I'd give it at least a 9/10

There I said it ;-)

'Falling Down' a plodder ?? Jesus I've heard it all now?! How anyone cannot class that song as nothing short of excellent is beyond me! Amazing intro, great vocal, uptempo cool chorus and spectacular solo (one if the best on the album) - I'd give it at least a 9/10

There I said it ;-)

I don't know if I'd rate it that high myself, but yes a very good track.

• My Little Pony

There I said it ;-)

There isn't a weak track on the album. Period.

There I said it ;-)

I would never go that far about "Falling Down", but (like with the melodicrock.com comments) it's a slight disappointment when the first 2 songs blast-out of the speakers and then this one hits less hard. Nice song but lacking a big chorus hook, like the last 2 tracks. All makes for a bit more variety than "Freedom Rock" though and is a pretty killer spin from beginning to end. Althouth people are quite rightly saying this is among the top albums of the year (some of that is by default, given the sub-standard stuff like Tyketto/Trixter coming out), I still think they could've improved on some songs though, meaning it's not flawless for me.

I've been listening to a few songs off this one online and was about to post that I don't see what the fuss is about with this band and the songs on this one are really quite average. However, the more I listen, the more I like. Sounding really good now. :doh:

There I said it ;-)

I would never go that far about "Falling Down", but (like with the melodicrock.com comments) it's a slight disappointment when the first 2 songs blast-out of the speakers and then this one hits less hard. Nice song but lacking a big chorus hook, like the last 2 tracks. All makes for a bit more variety than "Freedom Rock" though and is a pretty killer spin from beginning to end. Althouth people are quite rightly saying this is among the top albums of the year (some of that is by default, given the sub-standard stuff like Tyketto/Trixter coming out), I still think they could've improved on some songs though, meaning it's not flawless for me.

What you think this track doesnt hit hard? That intro is the best on the album?? & its arguably a heavier track than the first 2!

Also the 'by default' comment is a bit weird...ive only bought about 10 albums so far this year but am already struggling to separate them....I know you dont like the Dynazty, but I absolutely love it and there are a host of other excellent releases as well (Destine, Shinedown, Halestorm, JSS, Crazy Lixx, Peepshow, Dynazty etc etc).

There I said it ;-)

What you think this track doesnt hit hard? That intro is the best on the album?? & its arguably a heavier track than the first 2!

Also the 'by default' comment is a bit weird...ive only bought about 10 albums so far this year but am already struggling to separate them....I know you dont like the Dynazty, but I absolutely love it and there are a host of other excellent releases as well (Destine, Shinedown, Halestorm, JSS, Crazy Lixx, Peepshow, Dynazty etc etc).

Yeah it might be heavier than the first two, but it's not got as big a hook. The by-default comment is because, outside my big 2 albums (this one and Shinedown) everything else is quite some way behind. IMO of course...

There I said it ;-)

Yeah it might be heavier than the first two, but it's not got as big a hook. The by-default comment is because, outside my big 2 albums (this one and Shinedown) everything else is quite some way behind. IMO of course...

What's interesting about 'Falling Down' is that it is co-written bei Adde and Martin from Hardcore Superstar and there's definately traces in there, especially in the beginning and the chorus. Without the keyboards and a little more punch it could easily be a HCS song and I wonder whether it was originally written with HCS in mind.

For my taste one of the 'weaker' (still good though) tracks on a great album.

I must re-hear 'Falling down.' I have a real AOR-type number in my head, which sounded out of place on a harder rocking disc. But maybe I have another 'Falling down' in my head from another band...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the first 2 albums by this band after hearing some songs online, but when I got the CDs I really didn't find them to my taste and sold them on. I'm a bit worried about the same thing happening again, as every time I listen to songs from this one, they sound really good. (And possibly a tad heavier than the earlier stuff ... or am I imagining things?) Erm... :unsure:

I bought the first 2 albums by this band after hearing some songs online, but when I got the CDs I really didn't find them to my taste and sold them on. I'm a bit worried about the same thing happening again, as every time I listen to songs from this one, they sound really good. (And possibly a tad heavier than the earlier stuff ... or am I imagining things?) Erm... :unsure:

The new one is heavier and probably a little more appealing to the masses. All three albums are brilliant, though.

Like you, I did not care for the first 2 cds. BUT, this one is so awesome,in my top 3 of the year so far.

This is an awesome CD and I honestly could not call myself a H.E.A.T fan until hearing this. Now I had to go back and listen more carefully to the first 2. Anyway...great stuff.

As for the Falling Down track, it is a great track IMO. But what I find a bit odd is the lyrics in the chorus:

I will keep you from falling down

I will be there when you hit the ground

I will never let you down

That second line always makes me ask...which is it, you gonna keep her from falling down or you just gonna be there when she hits the ground. :quagmire:

This is an awesome CD and I honestly could not call myself a H.E.A.T fan until hearing this. Now I had to go back and listen more carefully to the first 2. Anyway...great stuff.

As for the Falling Down track, it is a great track IMO. But what I find a bit odd is the lyrics in the chorus:

I will keep you from falling down

I will be there when you hit the ground

I will never let you down

That second line always makes me ask...which is it, you gonna keep her from falling down or you just gonna be there when she hits the ground. :quagmire:

Yes, good song. And yes that line got to me to.

OK, time for my little summary...

1. Breaking The Silence - huge anthemic opener, very BJ in style, but also with a modern twist which keeps it relevant. Gronwall sounds amazing. (9.25)

2. Living on The Run - you can understand why they chose this as a first single. Brilliant musicianship, very cool chorus and killer solo (9.75)

3. Falling Down - a lot of debate already about this track, but this is clearly a killer track to me. Sensational intro, pre-chorus and nice (if slightly confusing lyrically) chorus. Climatic solo. (9.75)

4. The One & Only - great ballad which has grown on me (9)

5. Better Off Alone - simply put my favourite song of 2012. Amazing intro (does it get any better), pre-chorus is heaven sent, chorus is nearly as good...great solo and even a keyboard solo. Perfection (10)

6. In & Out Of Trouble - Just a great AOR track - love the interplay with guitar and saxaphone (9.25)

7. Need Her - one of the most ridiculously catchy tracks this year. Love the chorus and everything about this track (9.5)

8. Heartbreaker - brilliant rocker, nothing more to add...oh did I mention the solo as well? Marvellous stuff (10)

9. Its All About Tonight - is this a grower or what? Love that chorus and again very BJ in delivery (New Jersey era) (9)

10. Downtown - wasnt instantly taken with this song, and it is the weakest track on offer, but only cos the rest is so freakin good. Very cool and atmospheric way to end the album (proper). (8.5)

11. Back Into Your Arms - Jap bonus - What can you say....got to question why this didnt end the proper album instead of Downtown. Melodic bliss IMO. (9.5)

Overall : 94%