H.E.A.T - Address The Nation

Kim_Hp

OK, time for my little summary...

1. Breaking The Silence - huge anthemic opener, very BJ in style, but also with a modern twist which keeps it relevant. Gronwall sounds amazing. (9.25)

2. Living on The Run - you can understand why they chose this as a first single. Brilliant musicianship, very cool chorus and killer solo (9.75)

3. Falling Down - a lot of debate already about this track, but this is clearly a killer track to me. Sensational intro, pre-chorus and nice (if slightly confusing lyrically) chorus. Climatic solo. (9.75)

4. The One & Only - great ballad which has grown on me (9)

5. Better Off Alone - simply put my favourite song of 2012. Amazing intro (does it get any better), pre-chorus is heaven sent, chorus is nearly as good...great solo and even a keyboard solo. Perfection (10)

6. In & Out Of Trouble - Just a great AOR track - love the interplay with guitar and saxaphone (9.25)

7. Need Her - one of the most ridiculously catchy tracks this year. Love the chorus and everything about this track (9.5)

8. Heartbreaker - brilliant rocker, nothing more to add...oh did I mention the solo as well? Marvellous stuff (10)

9. Its All About Tonight - is this a grower or what? Love that chorus and again very BJ in delivery (New Jersey era) (9)

10. Downtown - wasnt instantly taken with this song, and it is the weakest track on offer, but only cos the rest is so freakin good. Very cool and atmospheric way to end the album (proper). (8.5)

11. Back Into Your Arms - Jap bonus - What can you say....got to question why this didnt end the proper album instead of Downtown. Melodic bliss IMO. (9.5)

Overall : 94%

Nice review. Is that Jap song really that good? If so, gutted they didn't replace that last song...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the first 2 albums by this band after hearing some songs online, but when I got the CDs I really didn't find them to my taste and sold them on. I'm a bit worried about the same thing happening again, as every time I listen to songs from this one, they sound really good. (And possibly a tad heavier than the earlier stuff ... or am I imagining things?) Erm... :unsure:

Like you, I did not care for the first 2 cds. BUT, this one is so awesome,in my top 3 of the year so far.

This, and Jeff's comment that follows it are very encouraging.

Just wondering - those of you who have listened to this one lots of times - are you still loving it? Is it a grower, or does it get boring quickly?

I bought the first 2 albums by this band after hearing some songs online, but when I got the CDs I really didn't find them to my taste and sold them on. I'm a bit worried about the same thing happening again, as every time I listen to songs from this one, they sound really good. (And possibly a tad heavier than the earlier stuff ... or am I imagining things?) Erm... :unsure:

Like you, I did not care for the first 2 cds. BUT, this one is so awesome,in my top 3 of the year so far.

Just wondering - those of you who have listened to this one lots of times - are you still loving it? Is it a grower, or does it get boring quickly?

was pretty instant for me (part from Downtown which is a grower) and yes I love it....HEAT never get boring IMO :-))

was pretty instant for me (part from Downtown which is a grower) and yes I love it....HEAT never get boring IMO :-))

I thought it was more of a grower. I was less sure of the hooks at first, but 3 or 4 spins later they'd sunk-in. It's not as immediate as the last disc IMO, but each person is different I guess...

I thought it was more of a grower. I was less sure of the hooks at first, but 3 or 4 spins later they'd sunk-in. It's not as immediate as the last disc IMO, but each person is different I guess...

Yeah, if I had to say one or the other I'd agree it's totally a grower. I like it at first but now it and I are intense lovers.

Anyway, timely post, Glen. I dropped my (much briefer) review on this today too, which is much the same as yours in summary:

1 - Breaking the silence - killer, perfect and anthemic hard rock opener - 9.50

2 - Living on the run - flawless melodic / commercial rock - 10.00

3 - Falling down - very nice melodic rocker - safe and some silly lyrics, but good - 9.00

4 - The one and only - good ballad that's constantly growing on me - 8.75

5 - Better off alone - killer melodic hard rocker - faultless - 10.00

6 - In and out of trouble - some cheesy lyrics but a sensational mid-tempo tune - 9.00

7 - Need her - delightfully catchy melodic rock - 9.50

8 - Heartbreaker - good solid hard rocker - 9.00

9 - It's all about tonight - great hard rock which ends up being really catchy - 8.50

10 - Downtown - great closer with a killer vibe, albeit no real "moment" - 8.75

11 Back into your arms really commercial melodic rocker - shameful to not be included on the normal release 9.50

- - TOTAL SCORE (%) - 93%

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may have finally decided against picking this one up. I like a lot of songs on the album, but yesterday listened to 'The One and Only' and 'It's All About Tonight', neither of which did anything for me. I found them pretty dull tbh. I'm being especially picky about what I buy this year, so like Crazy Lixx and Dynazty, I will probably download my favourite songs off this one from iTunes. This does sound like the best rock album of the year so far though.

James is a pure contrarian, you could make a great living on the stockmarket really :D

I'm only saying I didn't like those 2 songs. I did say it's the best rock album of 2012 so far - I would normally buy the CD, but in these bleak financial times, I'm going to have to download the best tracks from iTunes instead.

James is a pure contrarian, you could make a great living on the stockmarket really :D

I'm only saying I didn't like those 2 songs. I did say it's the best rock album of 2012 so far - I would normally buy the CD, but in these bleak financial times, I'm going to have to download the best tracks from iTunes instead.

needs to be below 6 tracks or else you may as well download the whole album from itunes.

needs to be below 6 tracks or else you may as well download the whole album from itunes.

Good point. I think it will be 4 or 5 when I've really whittled it down.

Here's yr 5 -

Breaking The Silence

Livin On The Run

Falling Down

Better Off Alone

Need Her

Heartbreaker

Oops that's six.....see told u it was difficult ;-)

Here's yr 5 -

Breaking The Silence

Livin On The Run

Falling Down

Better Off Alone

Need Her

Heartbreaker

Oops that's six.....see told u it was difficult ;-)

Cheers buddy. I'll check those out. (Although it won't be for a while, as my laptop's just died and I might be without a computer at home for ages. :doh:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I saw them live last wednesday on the Sweden Rock Festival. It was a great show as expected and I was positively surprised by Erik Grönwall's performance. I have previously been critical of him not delivering live but I think he sounded pretty damn good! Was also positively surprised by the setlist which included 8 (!) songs from A.T.N, 3 songs from Freedom Rock and 2 from the debut + theeurovision contest song "1000 Miles". I probably would have switched one A.T.N song for one more from the debut but otherwise nothing to complain about.

The setlist (not totally sure about the order but something like this)

Breaking The Silence

Better Off Alone

Living On The Run

Late Night Lady

Falling Down

In And Out Of Trouble

Heartbreaker

Downtown

Crash drum solo

Never Let Go

It's All About Tonight

1000 Miles

Danger Road

Encore

Beg Beg Beg

Who Will Stop The Rain

Heres some of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEVT2xwcbKc

Off topic, but also excellent :) The questioner at 06:38 is Crash from H.E.A.T asking if they would go on tour with them... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQl7oeUej0s&feature=relmf

I would drop Beg Beg Beg from the encore - that's one of my least favs!

& they play 'Downtown'............but not 'Need Her'........heathens.

Still I would kill to see them play live in the UK in 2012 :- ))

Yeah "Beg Beg Beg" is not one of my favorites either but it works excellent live IMO. I do hope they come to the UK...

On friday I also ran into guitarist Dave Dalone, such a gentle bloke. I said I think they are the greatest band in the world. He laughed it away, but seriously, for AOR/MR in the last few years there's not much competition IMO.

Yeah "Beg Beg Beg" is not one of my favorites either but it works excellent live IMO. I do hope they come to the UK...

On friday I also ran into guitarist Dave Dalone, such a gentle bloke. I said I think they are the greatest band in the world. He laughed it away, but seriously, for AOR/MR in the last few years there's not much competition IMO.

I saw them live with Kenny at the London Underworld and they blew me away.

On the strength of their albums so far, I would agree that they are hard to beat.

• 4 months later...

Here is a bonus track I had never heard.

WHY THE HELL IS THIS A BONUS TRACK????

With only 10 track, they had plenty of space to put in on the version I have. I HATE bonus shit!!

Wowser, if someone gets an MP3 of this I'd most appreciate a copy please.

Seriously, who are the muppets in charge of leaving this song, and that other bonus track, off the original version of this CD?

• My Little Pony

How the fuck is that a bonus track............would be the best track on virtually every other release this year.

Crazy.

Okay, I'm gonna have to listen to it again, 'cause it didn't have me blowin' a load.

How the fuck is that a bonus track............would be the best track on virtually every other release this year.

Crazy.

Okay, I'm gonna have to listen to it again, 'cause it didn't have me blowin' a load.

well the intro is awesome..........the verse reminds me of the debut.......and the chorus is perfection.

I'd give it at least 9.5/10

Where can I get this?

Korean issue I believe.

THAT SUCKS!