Trixter's Back

Fat Freddy

Good news, or a sign that the apocalypse is nigh? I leave it up to you to decide. :D

Reunited TRIXTER To Release New Studio Album - Dec. 14, 2011

Frontiers Records has announced the signing of TRIXTER for the worldwide release of the band's reunion album in the spring of 2012.

Formed in Paramus, New Jersey in 1984, TRIXTER's self-titled debut album attained gold status (reaching #28 on The Billboard 200 in 1990), and spawned three minor hit singles: "Surrender" (#72), "One In A Million" (#75), and "Give It To Me Good" (#65). Despite the fact that none of the singles made the Top 40 or garnered much radio airplay, the videos for all three tunes were in heavy rotation on MTV (especially "Give It To Me Good", which was #1 on the channel for several weeks). A follow-up effort, "Hear", came out in 1992, but failed to reach the same commercial heights. The band recorded an album of cover songs, "Undercovers", in 1994, which garnered little commercial success, and TRIXTER broke up shortly after its release.

TRIXTER announced the reunion of its original lineup in 2007 and has since played a number of shows, including the Rocklahoma festival in 2008.

Comments TRIXTER guitarist Steve Brown: "The band has been playing together for the last four years, so making a new record is the next logical step. We are all very excited.

"The new CD will be entitled 'New Audio Machine' and is a classic style melodic hard rock album. All the sounds people have loved about TRIXTER will be there... Great songs, big guitar riffs, catchy vocals and a huge bottom end. A total big rock production!!!"

TRIXTER's current lineup features Pete Loran on lead vocals and guitar, Steve Brown on lead guitar, P.J. Farley on bass and Gus Scott on drums.

"We take pride in the fact that we are one of the few bands of our genre that have all original members," says Brown.

With an arsenal of great new songs and a catalogue of two successful releases, TRIXTER is looking forward to bringing its songs to the live stage. "We are hoping to land a support slot on one of the major summer tours," says Brown. "And we finally hope to play our first European tour as well."

The debut is one of my favs from the day I heard "Give it To me Good" the first time. 'Hear' is really good too. Looking forward to this and hopefully they can record something that is close to the sound of their two studio discs.

Love the first one ,like the second one, third one is a covers cd, and the 2 bonus tracks on their live cd a few years ago are good. So I guess I'm looking a little forward.

I can take or leave Trixter. No doubt they delivered some perfect commercial songs back in the day. Good to see some of these older bands releasing new music. I'd be interested in hearing it. Got to hang out with P.J for a couple hours at the band house after the Lita Ford show in Ocean City, MD.. He and Gary Hoey were both really cool dudes.

Not really excited, never really cared for them. They were sorta like Nelson, however their songs weren't as good.

Not really excited, never really cared for them. They were sorta like Nelson, however their songs weren't as good.

Not anything like Nelson to my ears.

I love Nelson, and After the rain is certainly better than Trixters debut album (just), but Hear just walks all over Because they can.

In their much shorter career, I'd actually say their were more Trixter songs I love than Nelson songs in their much longer career.

I was just the opposite. I loved the first and wasn't real crazy about "Hear!". Guess everybody "hears" things differently!! :rofl2:

I agree the S/T cd was far better than Hear but it was good also.

Trixter is one of the bands now rumored to be playing M3 in Columbia, MD.

Nothing official yet though. Though not a huge fan of Trixter they actually sounded really good when I saw them a couple years ago. I would have no problem seeing them if they play M3.

• 5 weeks later...

I personally absolutely cannot wait to hear this one. I actually have a feeling it could be a real winner. I really hope it is. Always loved Trixter, and Steve Brown never stopped writing great catchy rock songs, so no reason this new CD shouldn't be excellent, if they revert back to their old style. Call me super excited. :)

My reporter friend Brian did an interview w/Steve Brown about the new Trixter record for the local news web site, "Patch" ... check it yo.

http://paramus.patch.com/articles/paramus-trixter-ready-to-deliver-a-treat

so no reason this new CD shouldn't be excellent, if they revert back to their old style. Call me super excited. :)

I agree totally. Only and if only they revert to their old style. Since it has been ages since a new Trixter album has been done, it could possible have moderate to heavy modern influences. If this is the case I will be extremely disappointed.

My reporter friend Brian did an interview w/Steve Brown about the new Trixter record for the local news web site, "Patch" ... check it yo.

http://paramus.patch.com/articles/paramus-trixter-ready-to-deliver-a-treat

Sounds like they won't completely avoid modern influence, but both 40ft Ringo and Stereo Fallout were great albums, so as long as Steve's still writing good hooks and there is a good dose of the "real" Trixter, I still can't wait. :)

To be honest, the second album was a different style somewhat to the first, so I really dont see that they would try to copy the sound of each album, and to be fair, I wouldnt want them to.

I want a new album, not a rehash of the older ones.

A few modern influences here and there couldnt hurt as long as they at least retain the melodic element that they made their name on.