Shark Island - Law of the Order

Dio - Holy Diver, Last in Line, Sacred Heart, Dream Evil

Autograph - Loud and Clear

Fifth Angel - Fifth Angel

B.B. Steal - On the Edge

Trixter - Trixter

Fiore - Body Electric

Jagged Edge UK

I know there are more....drawing a blank.

Bangalore Choir and Autograph already have been!!!

I know I'm like a broken record on this subject, but it has to be the Garrison material ... please someone issue these great songs with decent sound quality!

I would expect that the Dio would be getting some kind of remaster and reissue.

At least I hope Warner Bros does this. I know Holy Diver did get the Rock Candy Reissue back in 2005(I think that was the year).

I might be alone but I think the Tyketto's sound great the way they are.

Harem Scarem's debut. Something happen in the production world between 1991 when it came out and 1993 when Moodswings came out. I have a mixed cd of my fav HS songs and when tracks from the debut play the volume goes way down and it sounds so much weaker than the following material that came years after....weaker as in production wise not musically as the debut is still by far my favorite HS release.

IMO none, I enjoy the original recordings crappy or not. If you want better sound quality you need to buy Japan pressings. I'm sure I just opened up a can of whoop ass on myself.

I'd agree with you. I may have to turn some of the oldere discs up a bit louder or EQ in some more bass, but that's what they were and it worls for me.

Besides I can't keepup with all the re-issues and bonus tracks, etc.....

OK bro, I need you to clarify something for me, are you axing for Cd's that need to be "remastered"? or are you asking for Cd's that basically should be re-tracked and or remixed? there is a huge difference, and they are apples and oranges, asking about Cd's that need to be remastered is like asking if your brand new shiny car will be that much shinier if you put on a coat of turtle wax? you probably wont notice a difference, a mastering job by say the 1960's standards today would be laughable, sorry to seem like i know it all(or anything for that matter)but i would like to participate in this thread, but want to be accurate, a bad mixing and tracking job during the recording sessions can lead to a HORRIFIC, muddled, and just plain disgusting sounding album(see Crisis Party)the studio engineers placing the mics in bad places, unskilled ears mixing the tracks together, bad pan jobs, or inexperienced techs and producers not balancing the acoustics of the studio correctly, all this shit can kill an albums sound, (see crisis party) where on the other hand, a good producer\engineer and skilled ears can track an album into the next century(see Blue Tears) Mastering is merely the final phase of the recording process, it's actually post production, it is simply a guy(or two)who use only 3 pieces of hardware, an EQ, a Limiter, and a Compressor, and they bring all the levels and frequency's into a medium range, compressing high frequency's limiting low frequency's, and equalizing off and or obscure frequencies, and then bringing the entire sound to one even decibel level, so lets say Blue Tears CD, its no secret is my all time icon for audio sound, but all that was really done to it in mastering was the already unbelievable sound was enhanced, where crisis party i don't believe was ever mastered(joke) the master studio probably heard it and went off surfing, or to a movie, or slept for 2 days, maybe even sat around the studio and shot heroine all day, then sent it back with a bill and said "all right, crisis party is finished here you go", so I just would like to know which one of these you are referring to? if you do mean remastered, then i will go with that, many remastering jobs are simply somebody raising the decibel level on an old CD so it sounds louder, but that's not the correct method of remastering an album, it's pretty sad. but sorry to rant, id just like to be correct on this one, since their are many albums i can list that suffer from bad mixing and tracking!

IMO none, I enjoy the original recordings crappy or not. If you want better sound quality you need to buy Japan pressings. I'm sure I just opened up a can of whoop ass on myself.

I'd agree with you. I may have to turn some of the oldere discs up a bit louder or EQ in some more bass, but that's what they were and it worls for me.

Thanks Terry, you are correct indeed.

Harem Scarem's debut. Something happen in the production world between 1991 when it came out and 1993 when Moodswings came out. I have a mixed cd of my fav HS songs and when tracks from the debut play the volume goes way down and it sounds so much weaker than the following material that came years after....weaker as in production wise not musically as the debut is still by far my favorite HS release.

I bought the reissue of that recently on Wounded Bird and was hoping for a remater but no I guess they don't remaster anything. But it is a great album and it would be nice to get a remaster.

Don't Come Easy still sounds awesome today and I reckon Hall of the Mountain King production fits the CD perfectly. I would probably avoid a remaster of both of those unless it was a double CD with bonus goodies etc.

Savatage - In the Hall of the Mountain King

I'll go along with that. Hell, most of the Savatage catalog (up to, say, EDGE OF THORNS) could use a good remastering. (Though wasnt' there talk of that happening, at least in Europe, not that long ago? Did it ever come to pass? :blink: )

I recently upgraded HALL... to CD about four or five years ago. Till then, I just assumed that the rather flat, echo-ey sound of my old cassette tape copy was due to it being played 1000's of times over the years. When I first played the CD I sez "Hmmm, nope, guess it really did sound that bad all along."

Still a great album though!!

That is a very good cd. My fav. from them!

Savatage - In the Hall of the Mountain King

I'll go along with that. Hell, most of the Savatage catalog (up to, say, EDGE OF THORNS) could use a good remastering. (Though wasnt' there talk of that happening, at least in Europe, not that long ago? Did it ever come to pass? :blink: )

I recently upgraded HALL... to CD about four or five years ago. Till then, I just assumed that the rather flat, echo-ey sound of my old cassette tape copy was due to it being played 1000's of times over the years. When I first played the CD I sez "Hmmm, nope, guess it really did sound that bad all along."

Still a great album though!!

For it being 1987 I think that one still sounds pretty good. They were all reissued sometime back in the late 90's bonus tracks and I have some of those I think(Edge of Thorns and Gutter Ballet) but I don't know if they were remastered in anyway.

Every Mother's Nightmare - Wake Up Screaming desperately needs a sound enhancement, one of the most crappiest production ever maybe ? :christmas:

A lot of albums in this thread I have no issue with (especially the Tyketto & BB Steal ones) but this is one I would certainly agree with. Could be one of the best albums ever recorded if it had even just sounded like the debut, production/soundwise. :(

Another one from that era which always bothered me was Valentine's debut. Not sure if a remaster would fix it; it just needed symbals and keys lower in the mix and vocals much higher. :)

I agree with one of the points above, that a re-master often doesnt make any difference at all. The majority of albums whereby the sound is poor are often cause by the original recording set-up or engineering, or the mix/production. None of which are fixed by a re-master. The answer is just suck-it-up or hope for a full re-recording (though given budgets are lesser for MR these days then the latter is only likely to make the thing sound worse).

P.s. I'd go for the first UNRULY CHILD album, for a full re-mix. To take one of the best vocalists on the planet and bury his vocals is criminal IMO.

I'd agree with you. I may have to turn some of the oldere discs up a bit louder or EQ in some more bass, but that's what they were and it works for me.

I agree... I enjoy the releases the way they were originally recorded. It's part of the charm, it is what gives a release character. I much prefer "rawer" sounding releases anyway. I hate over polished recordings.