your favorite band and you!

here is my question; how much to you listen to your favorite band anymore? Hands down my fav band is .38 Special. I love this band and there is no hesitation when asked "who is your favorite band"? But the reality is that I hardly listen to any of their cd's anymore. It isn't that my love for the band has gone away but the simple fact that I've heard it all so much that I don't find myself reaching for them much. would have been nice if Drivetrain was a good cd but it was a major let down.

So, how abot the rest of you???

Iron Maiden and Kiss and like you I don't play often but go through phases with both where I listen to most of their albums over a month or so period and then I might go several months without playing anything by them. Of course when they put out something new they get more plays than normal and with Kiss having a new album coming later this year I'm sure I'll be playing more Kiss later this year. With so many newer cds I just don't have time.

Dangerous Toys, Shotgun Messiah, GNR....I would say that is accurate though it is much easier with my CD's on the computer to just load up the MP3's and play what I wanna hear. I went through a phase last week where I kept playing Shotgun Messiah's Squeezin' Teasin' and Nervous over and over on repeat on the computer.

GNR and Motley Crue are my two fave bands, though I don't have time to spin them everyday or weekly, at least once in a month, I'll take out one of their albums and put it in my car for a 1-2 hours drive, so I guess they still get the spins regularly.

There are so many great bands that I love - there wouldn't be much between the top 20 or so, but I guess that my fav 2 would be Journey & Harem Scarem. Equally brilliant discographies & I probably don't play their stuff half as much as I should, although thinking back over the years they are my most played bands.

& after the demise of HS it was great to have the First Signal disc last year which was filler free and my fav of 2010.

My favourites are .....

Rush

Styx

Journey

Sabbath

Maiden

Foreigner

Night Ranger

Toto

Survivor

Reo Speedwagon

38 Special

Scorps

Accept

I listen to all these now and then plus other older stuff

I listened to Slaughter's Stick It To Ya recently and I have to say it didn't have the same impact it once did. I think I've listened to it too many times. I listened through 3 times and that was enough. It had probably been over a year since I had listened to it. Journey's Evolution is the same way. I've listened to it way too many times.

I listened to Slaughter's Stick It To Ya recently and I have to say it didn't have the same impact it once did. I think I've listened to it too many times. I listened through 3 times and that was enough. It had probably been over a year since I had listened to it. Journey's Evolution is the same way. I've listened to it way too many times.

I don't think I could ever get tired of listening to Evolution & Infinity - the 2 best Journey albums IMO :-)

I listened to Slaughter's Stick It To Ya recently and I have to say it didn't have the same impact it once did. I think I've listened to it too many times.

I tried playing that one a couple of months ago for the first time in a long time and I had trouble getting through it. It wasn't that I didn't like it it's just like you said I've played it to many times over the years. Anymore if I want to play Slaughter I'm usually grabbing Fear No Evil.

Dokken are my faves, and while I may sometimes go 2-3 weeks without listening to a single song from them, when I do grab a CD, I find myself wanting to hear more. I usually listen to an older release, and then follow it up with some of their more recent stuff. I may grab Back For the Attack, and then wind up listening to Hell To Pay and Lightning Strikes Again too. :banger:

At the moment I am not getting to hear any of my old faves at all. Way too many new ones coming in. I'm looking forward to hopefully slowing down soon and settling back in with some old faves. I try to whip them out semi-regularly, but without even realising it I can easily go through 6 months or more without hearing one of my all-time faves. :(

Damn new music...

At the moment I am not getting to hear any of my old faves at all. Way too many new ones coming in. I'm looking forward to hopefully slowing down soon and settling back in with some old faves. I try to whip them out semi-regularly, but without even realising it I can easily go through 6 months or more without hearing one of my all-time faves. :(

Damn new music...

you're buying too many stuffs man :christmas:

I dont listen to full albums much anymore, unless I have just bought them, as I find it better to just play my music on random all the time.

This way I get to hear a mix of all the bands I like without it getting repetitive and means that all bands get a reasonably equal spin (although bands with bigger catalogues probably get a bit more obviously).

To pull back a bit on my first comment, I was listening to Enuff Z Nuff's Animals with Human Intelligence and be damned if I'd forgotten how much I like this one.

Guess I am going to have to go aginsdt my inner karaoke machine and start playing the staples again...

To pull back a bit on my first comment, I was listening to Enuff Z Nuff's Animals with Human Intelligence and be damned if I'd forgotten how much I like this one.

Guess I am going to have to go aginsdt my inner karaoke machine and start playing the staples again...

how classic is that album man, I remember hunting that disc like crazy when I'm not familiar with eBay and internet purchasing around 15 years ago, and when I got it around $12 at a local store, I'm thrilled like a kid getting his long-awaited candy :party421:

Unlike most others on here my fave bands have moved with the times and are now modern acts. My 80's/90's faves were Danger Danger (now barely in existence), Harem Scarem (now defunct) and Metallica (now shite), none of them I play much anymore as I played them to death at the time and prefer listening to new music. I still sometimes dig out the early DD and HS stuff but rarely and I much prefer the sound of a disc produced in the modern era these days, and I'm generally pretty open-minded about new music.

Damn new music...

I feel your pain, but I always try to spend at least one day a week listening to older stuff...whether it be from a couple of years back or older 80s/90s stuff.

Most of it is just too good to ignore completely and often makes you realise just how weak some of the newer releases are.

Last week for example I pulled out these releases for a quick spin, and Im damned glad I did too -

Jeff Scott Soto - Lost In The Translation

Journey - Revelation

Night Ranger - Man In Motion & Dawn Patrol

Khymera - The Greatest Wonder

Unruly Child - s/t

Ac/Dc - No matter how many time times I listen I never get bored. The last GNR release I play daily and still think had it not been a exclusive to best buy would have had huge sales. I can also listen to any Twisted Sister, Wasp, Night Ranger, Quiet Riot, Survivor...

Now I find myself putting together random cds with songs you just dont ever hear anymore. Slade/Runaway-Don Henley/Dirty Laundry-Reo Speedwagon/In Your Letter - Manfred Mann/Runner - Tony Carey/Fine Fine Fine Day, ect.

here is my question; how much to you listen to your favorite band anymore? Hands down my fav band is .38 Special. I love this band and there is no hesitation when asked "who is your favorite band"? But the reality is that I hardly listen to any of their cd's anymore. It isn't that my love for the band has gone away but the simple fact that I've heard it all so much that I don't find myself reaching for them much. would have been nice if Drivetrain was a good cd but it was a major let down.

So, how abot the rest of you???

I ALWAYS LISTEN TO VENOM!!! I cant see a scenario that I will ever go even a week without at listen pumping BLACK METAL at the red light over the gang banger lowriders irritating crap(aka rap)! gots to listen to my Venom, but I got what your saying!

Depends on the band, I guess. Some of my faves include (as you all probably know) KISS, Judas Priest, Savatage, Raven, Overkill, etc., etc. -- fortunately all of those have large catalogs so even though each have some albums that I don't spin as often anymore due to overexposure, others have gotten relatively little play over the years, so there's always something by one of'em playin' round my house. Yeah, I've listened to Priest's SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE so many times that I rarely feel the need to hear it again, but there's always STAINED CLASS or ROCKA ROLLA. Likewise, Dokken's DYSFUNCTIONAL hits the spot on those days where I'm tired of BACK FOR THE ATTACK or UNDER LOCK & KEY, and there's always Overkill's FROM THE UNDERGROUND AND BELOW or NECROSHINE for when I think I've had enough of TAKING OVER for a while. Know what I mean? Am I making any sense? :blink:

Of course, there are other albums I simply never get tired of, i.e. Warrior Soul's SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION, Savatage's STREETS, W.A.S.P.'s THE HEADLESS CHILDREN, Kiss' ROCK & ROLL OVER, etc. .. those are the ones I want buried with me when I die. :banger:

• 2 weeks later...

Aerosmith are my all time fave - but yeah I hardly listen to them these days, but when do I put on something - especially any of the first 7 or 8 albums that old magic starts hitting me again.

I spend most of my time listening to albums I haven't played before, but regularly give myself a fix of Bolt Thrower (my favourite band) or White Sister - s/t (my favourite hard rock album).