My Family Stickers on Cars

JC_AOR

I'm not sure if people in other parts of the world will know what I'm talking about, but here in Australia there is a fast growing craze for these "my family" stickers that people display on the back windscreen of their cars. They're basically stickers of stick figures representing the people who make up your family, pets included.

Like this one for example:

custom-stick-figures-car-5-1.jpg

They look harmless enough I know. But it seems most people that have these stickers on display are the "soccer mum" types who drive around like lunatics in their SUV's and large 4WD's. Surely if you have such a nice family and young children, you want to protect them as much as possible by not driving like a fuck wit. Then there's the point that many have raised about these stickers, potentially making your children more vulnerable to pedophiles. I don't really think that these stickers would make your children more vulnerable but it's an issue that has been raised.

Anyone else seen these around?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah... We have those everywhere in the USA. Also usually the sure sign of a "soccer mom" and 90% of the time on a mini-van.

They seem to be a little more creative in Australia though... The ones over here are just the stick figures for the most part, not holding guitars or baseball bats. Pets are included here also.

I too hate these stickers. I'm not sure why they bother me so much.

Although I have to say I did get a chuckle once. I saw a mini-van with the usual family, a cat, and a dog. What made me laugh was that the dog had a red circle around it with a slash through it. :rofl2: . I can only assume that the dog must have died.

I have one on my car. It's of the wife, me, the two pugs and kitty. We own the streets. We're rad.

Nah, seriously, we don't have one and I had no f*cking idea what these things were until a couple of weeks ago when my wife explained it. I thought they were something like generic Mambo stickers or something of the sort. I didn't realise they were all different for each family. I get it now and I'm not a fan.

Never seen one of these in the UK. Sadly though, if they're in the States they will probably end up being here too. :doh:

Ha, I just saw a Cadillac Escalade with those stickers a couple days ago. It also had a superman sticker in the top center of the back window that had a "M" for mom instead of the "S". The license plate said "DIVA". I'm sure the mom is a fantastically wonderful person.

I see'em all the time in the parking lot of the supermarket, and as fahrenheit stated, they're usually on the back or side window of a mini-van or a Hummer/SUV.

A few years back I learned that I need to watch what I say when trying to park over there, because one day I was stuck behind a slow poke and from the back seat my son piped up "Come on Soccer Mom, we're getting old here!" :rofl:

• My Little Pony

I saw a family of Stormtroopers which was cool, 'cause I'm a Star Wars nerd, but I'd still never stick those on my car. I don't like any sort of windshield sticker or bumper sticker. Somebody put a lot of time and effort into designing your car and choosing its colour, and if you have a nice car, like me, why would you want to cover it in shit?

Ha, I just saw a Cadillac Escalade with those stickers a couple days ago. It also had a superman sticker in the top center of the back window that had a "M" for mom instead of the "S". The license plate said "DIVA". I'm sure the mom is a fantastically wonderful person.

Yeesh.... can you say "bitch on a stick"?

I'd use this one:

ass_family.jpg

• My Little Pony

Yeesh.... can you say "bitch on a stick"?

I'd use this one:

ass_family.jpg

While that may be funny, you'd never see one anywhere close to my car, unless, of course, I parked next to some fool with one.

Those are all the rage out here in the Pacific NW. Anything from skull and crossbones to pirates to...

They bug me a ton, but the thing that concerns me, being a parent and of course highly pessimistic, is isn't this the easiest way to tell the local pediphile or kidnapper or whoever, what you have in your rig and at your house?

Whats stickers are next: Plasma, hand guns, jewelry, dvd player, address, social security number...

Never seen these and the idea is retarded!

Why do people need to advertise this stuff to the world?

Oh contraire mon frere...it is a brilliant idea because I'm sure the inventor is sitting on a beach somewhere having drinks and getting full body massages. :D

When I want that effect I usually put suction cups on the hands and feet of my family and stick em on the outside of the window (I hate those little marks suction cups leave on the inside of the car, on the outside they're no problem easy to get to and clean off).

Always gets loads of attention as I drive around and I like to think it makes some kind of a "statement". They don't put up much of a fuss, but they have appreciated the warm drinks afterwards, especially with temperatures around zero most of the time right now.

When I want that effect I usually put suction cups on the hands and feet of my family and stick em on the outside of the window (I hate those little marks suction cups leave on the inside of the car, on the outside they're no problem easy to get to and clean off).

Always gets loads of attention as I drive around and I like to think it makes some kind of a "statement". They don't put up much of a fuss, but they have appreciated the warm drinks afterwards, especially with temperatures around zero most of the time right now.

I think I saw you driving around recently. Who's the one with the enormous wart?

YES, that's a "healthy" treatment ! :lol:

I love my (Type of dog). Who fuckin' cares... :2up:

When I took graphics shop in high school, I wanted to print up a bunch of stickers with a picture of a screw on them, just so I could go through the mall parking lot and cover up the "heart" on every "I (Heart) My..." bumper sticker I saw with a screw, thus making them read "I screw my dog," "I screw my cat," "I screw my horse," "I screw the NY Giants," or whatever.

Unfortunately, this diabolical but brilliant plan was ultimately foiled by the shop teacher, who didn't think the idea was nearly as funny as I did. :(