R.I.P. Gregg Fulkerson (Blue Tears)

whiplash1972

I mean so far we have had Kevin Debrow, Jason McMaster (correct me if the spelling is wrong)

and of course there have been many more that have left us, metalheads.

when did JM die?!?!?! :crying:

Sorry but why wish death on another musician?

What has Durst done thats so evil and horrible that you would wish death on him?

Its incredibly sad that Gregg has died, but thats no excuse for such comments!

agreed, although i dont think he wished death on Fred Durst per se..

yknow what pisses me off is that someone like Jade Goody, who never really contributed anything to the world...and wasnt the nicest person to begin with, gets a statue erected of her and her "life story" made into a movie...but someone who actually had talent like Gregg dies and itll be forgotten in a year, if many normal people even know who he is now!! there wont be headliens on BBC or a televised funeral, or shrines...

and fair enough Goody was battling cancer so thats a story in itself, but even still....where is George Harrisons movie?!?! yes i know he has a statue, but he earnt that :P

Really really sad news!!! My condolence goes to his family and especially to his children's

R.I.P. Gregg

....Only the good die young....

There's not many artists out there who'll be able to say they've released a "classic" album in their lifetime, but I truly believe that the Blue Tears debut is a classic of our genre, and for that I salute Gregg Fulkerson.

Big time backed.

Yeah very sad news.

I really enjoyed his performance at Firefest. Seemed a genuinely nice guy on stage as well...very down to earth.

RIP indeed.

As much as I love Blue Tears, and as much as their debut is one of the best albums of the genre, In another life by Attraction 65 for me is his greatest song ever.

Anyone who hasnt heard it should check it out.

http://rapidshare.com/files/222636119/03_-...r_Life.mp3.html

Just found out about this one today and needless to say I am shocked, stunned and EXTREMELY saddened.

I've mentioned on this site COUNTLESS times the the Blue Tears S/T CD is the melodic rock masterpiece by which I judge all others (even the mighty 80's efforts from Leppard and Bon Jovi).

Wow, I really don't know what to say. Thankfully he left behind a great deal of music for us to enjoy... but that doesn't diminish the fact that he left this earth WAY too soon. Heck, he's only a couple of years older than the median age of most of us here.

This one will haunt me for some time :(

Has it been released what he died from? Dont know if I missed Something? he was way young, so it makes me very curious as to why?

Yes its been fucking with me pretty bad too, I think a big factor is not knowing how he died, the big question mark prevents my mind from bringing it to a conclusion

• 1 year later...

Has it been released what he died from? Dont know if I missed Something? he was way young, so it makes me very curious as to why?

According to Andrew over on Melodicrock.com it was

"a bad mix of prescription medication that Gregg was taking for a couple of ailments"

"Purely accidental. Just a bad mix of strong (but needed) medicine stopped his heart."

http://forums.melodicrock.com/phorum33/read.php?f=1&i=395413&t=395384

Now I will be able to truly have closure, thank you brethren!