R.I.P. Gregg Fulkerson (Blue Tears)

whiplash1972

http://www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacecomgreggfulkerson

No details available yet, but per the postings on his MySpace page, it appears that Gregg has left us way too soon.

Oh, shit ............... ! :( What happened ?

What?? Are you serious? Holy shit... that is terrible news. I wonder what happened. Oh man... R.I.P.

Sadness, another great talent gone. Gregg was still so full of potential to me, he and his band never really got the big break they deserved. It's all a bit unreal to me, 2-3 days ago he logged in on that MySpace site to now learn he's no more. Shows you once more how sudden such tragedies can occur. RIP, rock on in heaven man!

No details yet, but according to his friend Jessica Miller's blog, he passed away early Tuesday morning:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logId=483408192

Posted by "AJ in Nashville" on the MR board:

Hey all. I just wanted to stop by and let all of Gregg's fans know the little bit of info I have that hasn't yet been released involving the details of his untimely death. I'm actually the one who wrote the Wikipedia entry announcing his death earlier today after hearing the news from my wife, who was a close work acquaintance of Gregg's for more than 10 years.

With what I've written already in mind, I feel the need to correct myself a bit in one detail that seems to have already been reported on other web sites. I mentioned that Gregg is survived by his three children; in fact, he and his now ex-wife had only one child between them; the other two were hers from a previous marriage.

According to Gregg's ex-wife, he was found by neighbors who were concerned by the fact that he appeared to be in the same position, for several hours, seated out on the balcony of his Franklin, TN apartment Tuesday evening with no apparent movement. While it hasn't yet been announced publicly, it is speculated that Gregg died suddenly, possibly of an aneurysm. Initial reports indicated that there was no evidence of heart trauma, but that of course may change, as the info I'm working from is fairly sketchy.

The good news is that he apparently didn't suffer, as when he was found, he still had the cigarette in his fingers that his neighbors had seen him smoking when they'd last seen him alive a few hours earlier.

As for me, the period of time I knew Gregg was brief, and most of my encounters with him were social, although I did have the chance to see Attraction 65 perform once as well as enjoying a solo show that Gregg did back in 2005.

I loved A65, and even personally pitched it to the program director of a well-known Nashville radio station, but without any success. I've always been happy that Gregg had so much success internationally, but frustrated as to why that didn't seem to translate as well back here in the States.

From what little I knew of Gregg, he struck me as a warm, genuine man who loved his family and his music. I'm truly saddened by his passing, but as several others have already surmised, dude's gotta be rockin' in heaven right now, so let's all be comforted by that. :)

As I have the fortunate position to have access to local info, I will stay atop the details and report them in my Wikipedia entry as they become available. And at some point in the coming weeks, I plan to pay tribute to him in my blog (http://allurblogs.blogspot.com).

Condolences to all; it's been a very sad last couple of weeks, huh? Hang in there everyone...

Damn. :( R.I.P.

44 years old... unbelievable. :( Blue Tears - s/t will be played at loud volumes on my way up the coast tomorrow. There's not many artists out there who'll be able to say they've released a "classic" album in their lifetime, but I truly believe that the Blue Tears debut is a classic of our genre, and for that I salute Gregg Fulkerson.

Wow, this is very sad news indeed. Assume he must've had undetected health issues to have died suddenly & in his sleep. Will play the BLUE TEARS album this morning in respect of a very talented guy.

R.I.P.

He gave me one of the best cd's of my child hood, and an album that I measure everything I listened to by, the only thing that seperated him from mega stardom was probably one year, I guess Halfway To Heaven is fitting right now, but I can never listen to just one song, so I guess it's Rockin With The Radio, man why couldnt it be Fred Durst or somebody that doesnt contribute good music to the world? I'll never understand.

Sorry but why wish death on another musician?

What has Durst done thats so evil and horrible that you would wish death on him?

Its incredibly sad that Gregg has died, but thats no excuse for such comments!

This really sucks!!!!......the last Blue Tears release was excellent IMO and I was looking forward to more...it always seems that the best leave us before the worst......RIP....

This was my my point, I didn't wish death on anybody, I simply asked why did Greg have to go? why do shit musicians get to live and talented musicians die? that's all, I'm extremely broken up by this, u always think your ready for shit to happen and it gets you every time. at least it gets me everytime.

R.I.P. Gregg Fulkerson!

They say live life to its fullest, and thats what he did. But it sucks that this had to happen. It seems as his life had just begun. I remember receiving the debut and wearing it out..I know I had at least three of those cds. The man had the lungs to bring us all excellent rock and roll.....no doubt. I am just hoping he gets some equal the same respect as so me of the rest of the artists who have passed on. I mean so far we have had Kevin Debrow, Jason McMaster (correct me if the spelling is wrong)

and of course there have been many more that have left us, metalheads. Gregg and his music both will still remain not only

my stereo, but in my heart as well.....God bless his family...for both them and Gregg are in my prayers. "ROCK ROCK WITH THE RADIO!