How do you feel about getting your c.d.'s autographed?

For the record as an "artist" (and I use that term loosely), I understand and take no offense when someone doesn't want their CD signed, in fact I still feel a little weird signing stuff. :unsure:

The worst part of it by far is when these stalker types want me to use gold pen and say things like "to my bestest friend SamboraRocks86, keep reaching for the stars and someday when you're a big boy maybe you'll be a musician too!" ;)

Ah bless :tumbsup:

For the record as an "artist" (and I use that term loosely), I understand and take no offense when someone doesn't want their CD signed, in fact I still feel a little weird signing stuff. :unsure:

The worst part of it by far is when these stalker types want me to use gold pen and say things like "to my bestest friend SamboraRocks86, keep reaching for the stars and someday when you're a big boy maybe you'll be a musician too!" ;)

:lol: You're a bad, bad man... I like it! :drink:

I don't mind the cover being signed by the band member(s) as long as they are on the actual lineup of the cd being signed. If that makes any sense.

Yes! I am the same way about this.

Also, I feel bad when bands with newer members are still using an older group 8X10 and the older members are signing on their pics while the new members try to squeeze in around the margins :)

:rofl2: ouch!

Bad, twisted, I blame the voices in my head :bananamac:

What's really weird is that Pete signs every CD in his collection to himself.

On his Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Rising Force CD: "Hey Pete, I really enjoy this neoclassical metal stuff, don't I? Pete Fry."

On his Burning Rain - Pleasure to Burn CD: "Yo Pete, Don't worry about not being as good as Doug Aldrich. He's never even heard of you. Pete Fry."

On his Cliff Richard - Love...the Album CD: "Dear Pete, Jez was right. Cliff Richard IS really sexy. Pete Fry."

It's sad, really... :D

I like having a signed version, however often I cannot decide so I get mulitple version and get one signed and keep 1 'fresh'.

I especially do this with EPs or demos which are rather cheap... under $5... so I order 2 copies and ask the artist to sign one copy only. Have done this with Dirty Penny, Teargas, Speed Parade, Starlet Suicide, Sister....and more.

For dsiplay purp[oses though.... nothing beats a 12" cover or a poster or large photo.

On his Yngwie J. Malmsteen - Rising Force CD: "Hey Pete, I really enjoy this neoclassical metal stuff, don't I? Pete Fry."

On his Burning Rain - Pleasure to Burn CD: "Yo Pete, Don't worry about not being as good as Doug Aldrich. He's never even heard of you. Pete Fry."

On his Cliff Richard - Love...the Album CD: "Dear Pete, Jez was right. Cliff Richard IS really sexy. Pete Fry."

:rofl2:

:rofl2:

He promised he wouldn't tell! :crying:

Jimbo, that's the last time I let you check out my collection! <_<

I'm not really phased either way. If an artist wants to sign a CD for me, nice. If I don't have the signature, equally as happy.

i found some more signed stuff in my other external hard drive....

nj steele

67602583.jpg

65124998.jpg

chicago masters...

68820358.jpg

i had 7 of these babies(traded 4 in a blink of an eye)...i kept 3 for myself...arcane NY steele...

23672739.jpg

hell, i love signed stuff....most of them are already framed and put on my US metal wall....

Thats what my girlfriends titties are for, not my priceless copy of whatever it might be! fuck that shit, I don't even play my originals, when I buy them, they get ripped and copied, onto my pc, and the originals go somewhere very, very safe! and it's not to a concert to get signed.

i found some more signed stuff in my other external hard drive....

nj steele

67602583.jpg

65124998.jpg

chicago masters...

68820358.jpg

i had 7 of these babies(traded 4 in a blink of an eye)...i kept 3 for myself...arcane NY steele...

23672739.jpg

hell, i love signed stuff....most of them are already framed and put on my US metal wall....

I think it is kick ass that not only are these obscure metal albums signed, but personalized as well! :bowdown:

That's the funniest post I've read all week. That's just priceless, especially the Doug Aldrich part. :rofl2::lol:

I like having booklets signed... makes for a cool conversation piece. I've had my KISS "Lick It Up" booklet autographed by Vinnie Vincent

I'm suprised he didn't charge for that autograph or even later sue you for some dumb reason or maybe he just does that to Paul and Gene. :lol:

a couple more....from one of the best pacifists out there from chicago.... :lol: nobody knows the way i feel, is it wonder is it real.....

proagoghygeias019.jpg

this was taken few moments before it was framed...no words needed...from perhaps one of my top3 ever....(of coz it's the 2nd copy...i have one for my listening pleasure....)...lesus and US metal, the only way! back to the church now for kassianis' chant....

dscn0569t.jpg

a couple more....from one of the best pacifists out there from chicago.... :lol: nobody knows the way i feel, is it wonder is it real.....

proagoghygeias019.jpg

this was taken few moments before it was framed...no words needed...from perhaps one of my top3 ever....(of coz it's the 2nd copy...i have one for my listening pleasure....)...lesus and US metal, the only way! back to the church now for kassianis' chant....

dscn0569t.jpg

That Emerald is a Great release...

I don't have a problem with them signing the insert but I hate when a guy that didn't play on the album signs something.

Nothing against Robbie Crane or Kerri Kelli but their autograph is on all of my Ratt cd inserts.

But what was I going to do tell Bobby, Warren and Stephen that only they could sign it and the others couldn't?

I don't have a problem with them signing the insert but I hate when a guy that didn't play on the album signs something.

Nothing against Robbie Crane or Kerri Kelli but their autograph is on all of my Ratt cd inserts.

But what was I going to do tell Bobby, Warren and Stephen that only they could sign it and the others couldn't?

Bet you wouldn't be the first... ;-)

Depends on the band...some bands I don't care about autographs for...

I don't generally like the front cover autographed...I'd rather get the autograph on the inside of the booklet...but most times you hand over the booklet and they automaticlly sign the cover without asking or anything...

Rocklahoma has been very kind to me. I've received signatures from many bands that way. I love meeting my heroes and having something to show for it. I've never had a band sign anything other than the booklet. Most bands ask where you want them to sign. I'm not sure how I would react to having the actual cd signed. If they did I couldn't really say much.

I must also say that I'm happy to have signed cds that no one else has. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one out there with signed Jungle Blue cds. I love this stuff.

I disagree. I would rather have the artists autograph the front cover and the cd's themselves if possible. I think it is an honor to have the bands sign them. If they want to sign wherever, its their call. It's their music and they should be able to sign the covers. I actually prefer they sign the covers. I think it adds class to the cd's.

To me, I think it not only adds to the cd covers but creates very good memories of the music and bands.

I'll third that one aswell. My most prized ones are my New England signed covers, but I have a fair few others.

On a side note - I had a cd turn up this morning by some band called Far..something, the name escapes me, and the guitarist had written shit all over the back cover in gold pen for fucks sake - Talk about ruin it! :D

Fuck ... I had the same problem with that Fartcry or whatever they're called!

Honestly - I like having booklets/CD's signed ... my faves (not including the FC) are my Funny Money ones and a KIX DVD (all of which LV Kix kindly sorted for me :bowdown: ) and one from Brad Love (Aviary) - Through Another Door.

I agree with what's said above especially if they are personalised.

The only actual cd's I have signed are by Michael Britton and my Read My Lips cd which Fee Waybill signed when I went and saw The Tubes! other then that I don't buy a whole lot of cd's at concerts, and I don't take them because I like to watch the concert(or mosh) and cd's just get in the way, that Fee Waybill cd was an exeption!