How do you feel about getting your c.d.'s autographed?

I have mixed feelings about this topic.

Last c.d. I got autographed was by JOE BOUCHARD. I think I got it because I was afraid to say no.

I like my c.d.'s without any writing on them. It's also hard to tell a musician that you don't want their autograph without hurting their feelings.

At the same time, my autographed c.d. list is kinda growing (slowly).

Purhaps I should grow a set (of balls) and not care what they think.

I'll usually have them sign the book rather than the CD. I have Mark Slaughter and Kip Winger signatures on the books....

I disagree. I would rather have the artists autograph the front cover and the cd's themselves if possible. I think it is an honor to have the bands sign them. If they want to sign wherever, its their call. It's their music and they should be able to sign the covers. I actually prefer they sign the covers. I think it adds class to the cd's.

Just last week, I mailed my cover of Raguel to Sean McDonald and he signed it along with Kevin. He returned it to me. Very cool.

I have no intention of selling any of my cd's that are autographed. It is just for my own admiration.

I have all of my Dokken albums signed by Don and many by the rest of the band, depending on if they were together or not. I think my son will appreciate all the signed items. Kudos to the bands that take time to sign stuff and go out of their way like Sean of Raquel.

To me, I think it not only adds to the cd covers but creates very good memories of the music and bands.

I disagree. I would rather have the artists autograph the front cover and the cd's themselves if possible. I think it is an honor to have the bands sign them. If they want to sign wherever, its their call. It's their music and they should be able to sign the covers. I actually prefer they sign the covers. I think it adds class to the cd's.

To me, I think it not only adds to the cd covers but creates very good memories of the music and bands.

Amen :headbanger: got mine cd covers autographed by many of my 'heroes' gregg fulkerson, michael voss etc :D

I'll third that one aswell. My most prized ones are my New England signed covers, but I have a fair few others.

On a side note - I had a cd turn up this morning by some band called Far..something, the name escapes me, and the guitarist had written shit all over the back cover in gold pen for fucks sake - Talk about ruin it! :D

I love having signed covers.

Some I have got signed myself, and some have come direct from the label or artist.

I actually even bought two CDs from two different record stores over the years, only to find them signed on the inner cover (one was a Joe Lynn Turner CD, the other a Poison CD signed by Bret).

I think a signature only adds to the artwork, not detract from it.

From memory I have about 15 or 16 CD covers signed, and one DVD.

Thought it might be interesting to list them:

Fozzy DVD signed by Chris Jericho

Adlers Appetite signed by Keri Kelli

Brighton Rock Take a deep breath signed by whole band

Brighton Rock The essentials signed by whole band

LA Guns Man in the moon signed by whole band

Phil Lewis Gypsys signed by Phil

Poison Swallow this live signed by Bret

Poison Stand 7" vinyl signed by whole band

Ted Poley collateral damage signed by Ted

Pretty Boy Floyd The vault signed by Steve Summers

Pretty Boy Floyd 3 track sampler signed by Steve Summers

Thunder The thrill of it all signed by whole band

Thunder Shooting at the sun signed by Danny Bowes

Trixie Shelter signed by Ronnie Borchert

Tyketto Dont come east signed by Danny Vaughn

Voodooland S/T signed by Karl Cochran

Wanderlust S/T signed by Bill Leverty

Kip Winger Thisconversationseemslikeadream signed by Kip

I like having booklets signed... makes for a cool conversation piece. I've had my KISS "Lick It Up" booklet autographed by Vinnie Vincent, my "ALIVE III" booklet autographed by Eric Singer, and the cover of my Raven DESTROY ALL MONSTERS signed by all three Raven members.

I also have a cassette of the Ramones MONDO BIZARRO album with all four Ramones' autographs on the J-card... I want that buried with me when I die. :lol:

I'll third that one aswell. My most prized ones are my New England signed covers, but I have a fair few others.

On a side note - I had a cd turn up this morning by some band called Far..something, the name escapes me, and the guitarist had written shit all over the back cover in gold pen for fucks sake - Talk about ruin it! :D

:rofl2:

I would love to have some more signed CDs, but the only ones in my collection are the above mentioned FarCry and Blizzard of Ozz signed by Ozzy. Of those who get signatures on their discs, how did you get them? (Don Dokken or New England would be AWESOME!)

i have tons of signed stuff....i love them...after all i'm a real fan of most of them and i won't sell them to make some money like many others do....here are 2 pieces of buckeye metal for example....

proagoghygeias020.jpg

proagoghygeias025.jpg

These are some of mine:

HIRSH GARDNER-WASTELAND OF THE BROKEN HEARTS

BRUCE KULICK-TRANSFORMER

JOE BUCHARD-JUKEBOX IN MY HEAD

STARZ-LIVE IN AMERICA L.P.-signed by RICHIE,DUBE,MICHAEL LEE, and BRENDAN (probably the last he will ever autograph for me)

A certain Death Metal band from N.J. that will remain nameless

TANGO DOWN

IMPALER-a few of their c.d.s

DECEASED-King signed a few c.d.s

I know I have more, I just can't think of them.

I also found stuff which appears autographed, but not sure.

HEATHEN'S RAGE L.P.

BOBBY FRISS-CUTTING LOOSE

GOOD RATS-TASTY -looks to be PEPPY. If so, he needs to take a course in hand writing :whistle:

Pictures I have autographed:

MOLLY HATCHET -Everyone except HLUBEK

IMPALER-Minnisota's finest

THOR

POSTERS:

DIAMOND HEAD-BRIAN & SEAN

AMERICAN DOG

DRUMSTICKS

STARZ-JOE DUBE- actually, he basically gives me one everytime I see him.

AMERICAN SUGAR BITCH

SETLIST

THE ANSWER

Not much.

i grabbed this from the best drummer ever, when all was pure.....before the leechers, the liars, the bootleggers, the ebay boom , rich collectors etc etc.....i was just 19...fool,fat, but passionate and innocent! nowadays, i'm maybe 15-20 kilos less, still passionate, but not so innocent.....of course this will follow me to the grave.....

dscn0488g.jpg

For the record as an "artist" (and I use that term loosely), I understand and take no offense when someone doesn't want their CD signed, in fact I still feel a little weird signing stuff. :unsure:

The worst part of it by far is when these stalker types want me to use gold pen and say things like "to my bestest friend J_z (name omitted to protect the handicapped), keep reaching for the stars and someday when you're a big boy maybe you'll be a musician too!" ;)

For the record as an "artist" (and I use that term loosely), I understand and take no offense when someone doesn't want their CD signed, in fact I still feel a little weird signing stuff. :unsure:

The worst part of it by far is when these stalker types want me to use gold pen and say things like "to my bestest friend J_z (name omitted to protect the handicapped), keep reaching for the stars and someday when you're a big boy maybe you'll be a musician too!" ;)

:rofl2:

Your CD is rubbish :D

Your CD is rubbish :D

:( It's difficult to top those Cliff Richard CD's you hold so dear...

FarCry comes in a close second to 'Wired For Sound', purely on Guitar excellence and the fact Cliff's guitarist uses 6 strings!! ;)

I prefer my Cds without any kind of writing on them......no offense to the musicians but I really don't care who made the music and as a result I don't need their autographs...I just want a nice clean CD.....

Same here.

Also have some CDs that are signed by the artists themselves but they are nowhere near as famous as Kip Winger or Phil Lewis. I'm talking about the most obscure of the obscure indie hard rock bands. They really feel that they've already "made" it when they signed their albums. Nothing wrong with that, of course but still...

I prefer my Cds without any kind of writing on them......no offense to the musicians but I really don't care who made the music and as a result I don't need their autographs...I just want a nice clean CD.....

i have 2 CDs signed by Phil and the boys :tumbsup:

i got a copy of Cocked and Loaded signed by Phil, Stacey and Riley off ebay for $1 inc p+p....and thats not a typo :P

the other album i got the whole current lineup to sign when i saw them last september :tumbsup:

Until this thread, I have never heard of people getting the CD itself autographed. I don't think I would like that, besides I cant imagine a situation where the only thing I would have for the artist to sign was a loose CD...

I like to get the cover of the paper/booklet insert signed, but I prefer albums covers or even 8-tracks. In a pinch, I use ticket stubs or concert armbands. I also try to get flyers from the show signed by the members of the different bands, sometimes this takes years!

When I go to a meet and greet, I bring my own pens including grey or white sharpies for dark items, and metallic paint pens (warning: can be messy!). They are great for clear autographs on almost any surface. I've been to some signings where all they had were ballpoint pens or even pencils! In my experiences, I have never had an artist balk or seem put off when I ask them to use my own pen. Most really like the pen and sometimes I let them keep it :)

On another note, I have been to several concerts in the past few years where security would not let men thru the gate with pens! I didn't see them searching purses for them. Anyway, the short stubby magic markers are easy to sneak in in your shoe ;)

My Robin Beck disc is signed on the disc itself :wub: as well as alot of my Judie Tzuke discs. Doesn't bother me to be honest.