Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

Also, the thing I am wondering is that if you're pulling a scam of this nature, why didn't Lon present his collection to more potential buyers, saying he was clearing it out because he was so busy with the new label... then he could have got $1000's from all kinds of people, offering rare CDs from a dud list?

Well, we don't exactly know everyone he tried to scam. I would say he did offer it to more than we know.

On a side now, was that THOMMY guy having a go at me? :lol:

Yes, that's why I asked him who the fuck he was. His first post shouldn't be in this thread.....

Okay, looks like he may actually have made offers to quite a few people according to recent posts. Guess he must have known about my financial status because I new got one. :( I would love to know an exact $$$ amount as to what he "made" from this whole scam.

Yeah, I thought you picked up on the Thommy thing too. What the hell was that about? Apparently I called something awesome I shouldn't have? I didn't understand him but was curious as to what his intention was. :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes: Sgt Roxx, Rock Boulevard, Friction "Baby Talk" (all originals = ?)

Yeah man that sucks. Hopefully you and George get priority in the eyes of PayPal.

And it's such BS on how PayPal mainly likes to cover Ebay auctions only....ever since Ebay bought PayPal. Regardless, PayPal is a service u pay for, they get their commission for providing a neutral exchange of money, and all transactions should be covered the same as long as there's sufficient proof of foul play IMO.

Valentine have confirmed to me personally that the re-issue is unauthorized and that they are taking steps in regards to this.

Jim Jidhed has been notified as have copyright holder Virgin, so they will comment hopefully later tonight.

Members of Hurricane have not even heard of the song titles listed as bonus tracks on their re-issues.

Regards,

Andrew.

I know I'm nobody, and I don't spend half my annual income on CD's, but it f'n hurts to keep reading this stuff. I hope it turns out as a simple misunderstanding, but sadly I've been in the business too long to believe in fairy tales... :(

If it turns out to be a load of crap, I apologise Lonnie, but as it stands I wish I was more surprised by the product (or lack thereof) of a really shitty industry. :baneed:

I know I'm nobody, and I don't spend half my annual income on CD's, but it f'n hurts to keep reading this stuff.

Well, I don't think it's a misunderstanding...but I do believe with all my heart it will make all of us STRONGER & CLOSER than we were before.

I said something yesterday replying to one of Sam's posts about nothing positive coming from this. Well, it's a day later & have to disagree with myself. I think we have to take something positive from this. We need a tighter bond in the end and maybe this won't happen again, better communication, etc...

Also, I am NOT gay! :P Just wanted to clarify :)

Jarred

I hope everyone gets their hard earned cash back that these guys swindled, I really do.... but even if they come up with every penny, they still pulled a major con buy making up this fake label, every band that they were talking about seems to know nothing about this, so again it would be great if all you guys got your cash back, but the crime has still been committed, they should still pay the price for this, which should be jail time and major fines, along with restitution...... :angry:

Let's face it... the chance of recouping any money via a Paypal refund is slim to nil. You can't get blood from a stone. What I suggest is initiating a donation page (Dan- maybe you can set something up on this site) to help out the two biggest victims of "Hurricane Lovid": Georg and Adriano

I'll personally kick in $10 each via Paypal. I know it's not much, but it might help take away the sting.

koogs

Let's face it... the chance of recouping any money via a Paypal refund is slim to nil. You can't get blood from a stone. What I suggest is initiating a donation page (Dan- maybe you can set something up on this site) to help out the two biggest victims of "Hurricane Lovid": Georg and Adriano

I'll personally kick in $10 each via Paypal. I know it's not much, but it might help take away the sting.

koogs

That's the smartest thing I have read on here all day. Great idea! I'd be happy to pitch in also :drink:

JL

I hope everyone gets their hard earned cash back that these guys swindled, I really do.... but even if they come up with every penny, they still pulled a major con buy making up this fake label, every band that they were talking about seems to know nothing about this, so again it would be great if all you guys got your cash back, but the crime has still been committed, they should still pay the price for this, which should be jail time and major fines, along with restitution...... :angry:

...And a butt whoopin' :chainsaw:

Damn, it took me over an hour to catch up in this thread tonight, cant access the messageboard at work. I agree, even if David/Lonnie or whoever he is today gives all the money back, he still tried to pull one over on everyone.

koogs

Well, let's be patient and see how this plays out over the next few days first...

-Dan

I don't know how it all works, but Lon's paypal account would have to be "unbanned" before any refunds can be made... wouldn't it? Sad to say, that doesn't seem likely with the amount of complaints I'm sure paypal received in the last 2 days. :( Correct me if I'm wrong though... as I often am.

The funny thing is, when I called PayPal to report the claim, the girl on the other end was suprised that all this was over a few cd's by bands most have never heard of. I had to explain to her that some people collect stamps, some baseball cards, etc.... And then explained that some cd's are only pressed in small batches and when they're sold, they're done, so value goes up. Then she kind of understood. Many of my friends don't seem to udnerstand the collecting of cd's thing either. We're a weird bunch..... :anon:

Hiya Gents:)

First I want to say thank you to Dan for fixing my Username before someone threw shit at me.;)...

I have been reading this 16 pages worth today and wanted to put my 2 cents worth in. I have dealt with Lonnie strictly on a freindly basis, no business dealings, and he has come across as a nice guy. I am very very very dissapointed with him and this the business dealings he apparently has been doing, trying to take people to the cleaners and taking things that aren't his, money, recordings, things like that. I am also a wee pissed that someone had the brass balls to make up a horrible accident. that is NOT in the least bit cool.

TheWidowRhoads has given her 2 cents.

Agreed T-bone, we are a rare breed collecting this stuff. Whenever I explain it to people they almost never understand, unless I can get them to really like the tunes.

I'll never forget when I had this girlfriend whom I tried to convert to liking some of the more obscure indies I had, and rare pieces y'know.....long story short she'd go into my collection and just help herself, lol, and it drove me nuts cuz she wouldn't handle em like I do (no fingerprints, very delicate, etc.)

I'll never forget, I had a sealed Lillian Axe "Love and War" Jap press, still very rare, and then I had another domestic version that wasn't in that great of condition, used it to do my listening. Well, I had turned her onto it and she liked the whole album, then when she wanted to go get it she was like "whoa this isn't opened yet" as she's tearin the damn thing open (the SS jap version) cuz she didn't see the domestic version. She barely managed to break plastic and it's still for all intents and purposes sealed/new for myself where I want it to be forever.....bein the weird collector that I am haha!! Love that CD.

Had to cut her loose not so long after that, lololol :P

I'll never forget when I had this girlfriend whom I tried to convert to liking some of the more obscure indies I had, and rare pieces y'know.....long story short she'd go into my collection and just help herself, lol, and it drove me nuts cuz she wouldn't handle em like I do (no fingerprints, very delicate, etc.)

I'll never forget, I had a sealed Lillian Axe "Love and War" Jap press, still very rare, and then I had another domestic version that wasn't in that great of condition, used it to do my listening. Well, I had turned her onto it and she liked the whole album, then when she wanted to go get it she was like "whoa this isn't opened yet" as she's tearin the damn thing open cuz she didn't see the domestic version. She barely managed to break plastic and it's still for all intents and purposes sealed/new for myself.....bein the weird collector that I am!! Want it to sit there new forever haha. Love that CD.

Is she still alive? :P

JL

alright..being the internet detective i am (LOL)..i did a reverse check on the phone # KING had for lon. and it came back with this info..ALSO..try this take his address and enter it in mapquest and then weed out the neighbors 1 by 1 to find out who is the nearest..and then call the neighbor...Danny

Lonnie's personal information removed at his request. -Dan

Dude, just to clarify, you must be thinking of someone else. I never posted a phone number for this guy as i never had a phone# for him,lol. I said in my only post in this thread i would post his adress i saved from 3 previous trades if anyone needed it, thats all,lol.

I saw that and thought "when did i post a phone number", ha ha. No biggie-just wanted to clairify.

I'll never forget, I had a sealed Lillian Axe "Love and War" Jap press, still very rare, and then I had another domestic version that wasn't in that great of condition, used it to do my listening. Well, I had turned her onto it and she liked the whole album, then when she wanted to go get it she was like "whoa this isn't opened yet" as she's tearin the damn thing open cuz she didn't see the domestic version. She barely managed to break plastic and it's still for all intents and purposes sealed/new for myself.....bein the weird collector that I am!! Want it to sit there new forever haha. Love that CD.

Is she still alive? :P

JL

My thoughts exactly..... Nobody messes with "Love and War" lolol!! I actually like the girl on the cover more than her and basically all my gfs since, so it woulda never panned out anyway

:headbanger:

Damn this post is gonna set a new record for replies. Ive been reading this since it started and didnt reply as I couldnt beleive it. I mean you all have said its just a mind blower. If any of you are like me.. You have always said no way you could be scamed or how in the hell do people get scammed so easy. Lesson learned no doubt. Obviously without a doubt there are issues here. You know how much work patience and time would have to go into a scam like this. Even a mastermind would be amazed. Well Id say someone like this is a real danger to others and shouldnt just get a little slap on the hand. If all this is true he needs to be locked up as I dont beleive this would be the last time. I actually started to buy this release yesterday after I heard the news about the so called wreck. Damn if i didnt get side tracked and forget or else I would have. I do agree with the one who mentioned in the future sitting up a account to help some people recoup there money. Ill be donating. and T-Bone surpising we do agree on something. Most people I tell what I collect also look at me like what... Whats that! or you spend money on that. Actaully I have picked up the pace on buying and hope the join the bottom 10 collectors before long:).

I did alittle search myself today hoping I could access the court records in his county but its one of those damn pay things. Here in Missouri it is free so I had hoped it was the same.

Good luck guys I hope for once that freakin Paypal does the right thing and return everyones money. They got a real bad habit of not honoring sales outside of ebay.

Lon if you read this post man thats sad - These people along with myself was a family to you. I just cant comprehend what the hell you were thinking.

Hey guys!! Have you noticed that the "cds-in-stock" portion of Lon's page is now back up?!?!?!?! Trying to get some last minute cash for the get-away?!?!?!

http://www.freewebs.com/lrc72316/cdsinstock.htm

Hey guys!! Have you noticed that the "cds-in-stock" potion of Lon's page is now back up?!?!?!?! Trying to get some last minute cash for the get-away?!?!?!

I don't think that page was ever down, it was his other pages that were down.

Earlier, all of them went to "page under contruction".

Hey guys!! Have you noticed that the "cds-in-stock" potion of Lon's page is now back up?!?!?!?! Trying to get some last minute cash for the get-away?!?!?!

Maybe Lon could explain it. He is logged into this thread as I type this.