Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this little hoax gonna tear the HH community apart... or make it stronger? It would be ashamed if a select individual (let's hope it's just one) could bring the trust level of HH down. Many thought they knew Lonnie... but looks like they didn't really. This has really gotta make you think about things.

This one could take a long time to play out... I'm sure we all will be watching as it does.

Update: I have just received a PM from David. I have replied, asking his permission to post it here.

I don't want to get into specifics prior to obtaining his permission, but he maintains that the auto accident and Lon's injuries are real.

-Dan

P.S. I deleted the off-topic dumb stuff about car salesmen. Let's keep this on topic, ok? Thanks

I'm sorry Dan...I just don't believe it anymore......

Update: I have just received a PM from David. I have replied, asking his permission to post it here.

I don't want to get into specifics prior to obtaining his permission, but he maintains that the auto accident and Lon's injuries are real.

-Dan

P.S. I deleted the off-topic dumb stuff about car salesmen. Let's keep this on topic, ok? Thanks

Has anyone tried to verify with St Louis hospitals that this is true?

From The amount of people viewing and responding to this post it seems

a lot of people have been scammed...or hurt.

Or both.

I was lucky. If this thread had not been started, I probably would have placed my pre-orders by now.

I think I've only placed one pre-order in my entire life, and I can say that this is definitely not giving me any incentive to do it again... <_<

-Dan

I agree JL, to me whether the accident is true, doesn't really matter, the fact is that all the reissue talk is just a big fat lie, I mean his famed Hurricane reissues that he was always talking about, obviously are horseshit, according to mike who talked with Jay, who also confirmed with Kelly Hansen, so everything else may or maynot be true, he should have named his label, NEVER GET YOUR SHIT RECORDS! lol.... :)

-Dan

I agree JL, to me whether the accident is true, doesn't really matter, the fact is that all the reissue talk is just a big fat lie, I mean his famed Hurricane reissues that he was always talking about, obviously are horseshit, according to mike who talked with Jay, who also confirmed with Kelly Hansen, so everything else may or maynot be true, he should have named his label, NEVER GET YOUR SHIT RECORDS! lol.... :)

Exactly! And if it is true, which I still believe it isn't, then karma has a way of coming back to you. Don't confuse what I am saying. I would never wish hurt/ death upon anyone, even Lon. But I am a firm believer that what comes around goes around.

The truth here is that he extorted money from people who thought they were friends with him. He used us, lied to us & now hides. I don't believe for a second he is hurt. If I ever find out otherwise I'll admit I am wrong. Dan, what makes you think it was David PMing you? Was David also on Lon's MySpace today for him also? Was David the one deleting all sorts of shit off his website? I know you only have what he said to go by but I'm telling you, it was Lon...

JL

-Dan

Now THAT was funny!!

Oh...and I agree. It doesn't matter if the accident is true or not.........

-Dan

Yep, Jay Schellen verified that he and Kelly had NO idea about any re-issue of the Hurricane discs...

Billy Squier was left out of the loop on his re-issue, and Andrew from MelodicRock.com seems fairly certain that the Valentine re-issue is bogus too... <_<

Has anyone out there contacted Shaun Andree from Frontrunner to see if the Frontrunner releases are bunk too? http://www.shaunandree.com

I would, but I'm at work right now, and I'm gonna get yelled at for being online so much today as it is... :P

Mike

I have a feeling this is aout to get really interesting within the next few posts. I think we will have a new excuse. We'll see....

Just received this from "David"

Say what you want, you do not know the whole story, and once it all comes out, you will see. Your money as well as everyone elses will be refunded to you. You people are not the only ones who have been done wrong, and the whole story will be brought to light very soon.

David

Dan, what makes you think it was David PMing you? Was David also on Lon's MySpace today for him also? Was David the one deleting all sorts of shit off his website? I know you only have what he said to go by but I'm telling you, it was Lon...

Oh, you're quite correct: I have NO clue who is at the other end of the keyboard. It's Lon's username with the post signed by David.

Another data point: I just got off the phone with Phil Carson, who verified that these are completely unlicensed bootlegs (if there were any actually pressed) and that they are proceeding with a cease and desist order.

-Dan

Yep, Jay Schellen verified that he and Kelly had NO idea about any re-issue of the Hurricane discs...

Billy Squier was left out of the loop on his re-issue, and Andrew from MelodicRock.com seems fairly certain that the Valentine re-issue is bogus too... <_<

Has anyone out there contacted Shaun Andree from Frontrunner to see if the Frontrunner releases are bunk too? http://www.shaunandree.com

I would, but I'm at work right now, and I'm gonna get yelled at for being online so much today as it is... :P

Mike

Back in the summer Lon invited me to meet him and the singer of Frontrunner at a Warrant Concert in St Louis. I wasn't able to go but it makes me wonder why a guy would want to meet me and hang out and then screw me and many others. He even told me he would let me know when the Frontrunner record release party would be in St Louis so I could go to that as well. Because of the invite to hang with Frontrunner it never made we question his deal with that band and I guess it never made me question the deals with other bands. I do remember a quote from Tommy Thayer back about 10 years ago where he said he couldn't afford the rights from Geffen for the Black n Blue catalog so that makes one wonder how a guy that makes $60,000/year(this according to his myspace page) could get the rights for all 3 Hurricane cds.

Back in the summer Lon invited me to meet him and the singer of Frontrunner at a Warrant Concert in St Louis. I wasn't able to go but it makes me wonder why a guy would want to meet me and hang out and then screw me and many others. He even told me he would let me know when the Frontrunner record release party would be in St Louis so I could go to that as well. Because of the invite to hang with Frontrunner it never made we question his deal with that band and I guess it never made me question the deals with other bands. I do remember a quote from Tommy Thayer back about 10 years ago where he said he couldn't afford the rights from Geffen for the Black n Blue catalog so that makes one wonder how a guy that makes $60,000/year(this according to his myspace page) could get the rights for all 3 Hurricane cds.

Great point....

I just think its very unfair....at this point I am not referring to any band members, I am talking about every one of us-especially those who were friends with Lonnie. I haven't ordered Hurricane re-issues, since I have all the originals, but its not even about the money-its about the fact itself.

There is one more thing I want to clear out: in the past on one of the threads I mentioned that I was going through a divorce, there is also a very good chance that I will be auctioning some rare stuff in future; but I am not the person Lonnie was referring to when he was pimping out some rare material saying that his friend was getting a divorce and was getting rid of the CDs. That wasn't me.

I'm shocked, to say the least.

BTW, I was really in a car accident.

What a strange weekend, unbelievable!

By the way, glad to hear you're okay. Nothing good about car accidents, having cause... er... been in a few here and there...

Seriously, glad everyone's okay.

Well, I'm getting nowhere with respect to an answer from David/Lon, and he appears to be PMing/emailing select members here, so I'm going to post our communication unredacted. There is a HUGE red flag to me one of the responses; let's see if you pick it up.

My initial inquiry when this first reared its ugly head (sent 9:32 a.m. yesterday morning):

Hi David/Lon,

There's a lot of accusation and speculation floating around behind the scenes, and I want to nip this in the bud ASAP, in everyone's best interest. Please either post or email the hospital information where Lon is located, including room number.

Thank you,

-Dan

I got no response until about 1.5 hours ago:

Dan

David here. I know there is alot of speculation and accusations being tossed around, but until everyone knows the whole complete story, they do not need to post threats among other things. We are working with Phil Carson who represents Kelly Hansen, you may contact him at Carsontsg@aol.com as he will most certainly back this up. Myself nor Lonnie ever set out to scam or defraud anyone at all. As I stated earlier there is alot more to this. We went into this project blindly and listened to the wrong people. Everyone will be receiving refunds, as it is only right. Lonnie was in a terrible car accident, that was not a lie, and as we speak he is being transferred from St. Louis University Hospital to The Med Trauma Center in Memphis for further treatment, I will have that info for you and you only later tonite because i do not want any more threatening calls or anything of that nature.

Lonnie was scammed just like alot of others have been by the 2 other individual's who were behind this, and as long as Lonnie has been a member of your community, I would hope you would know that he would never do anything of this nature to any of his friends. The whole situation has made me sick to my stomach. But I promise there will be resolution. I would make a post on your boards but I refuse to get into a war of words with some of the members, especially in light of threats that have been made. Once this all comes out they will see that Lonnie was not the person behind this, just someone who listened to alot of false promises and information that was wrong from the get go. I am only to going to speak with you, since this is your community and you seem to be a fair enough person. I will be in touch with more information later.

Sincerely

David Holdaway

I responded:

How much of the above information do feel comfortable with my posting on the board?

I'll be candid: In light of the information that has come to light with the reissued artists being unaware of the reissues, and the phoney waybill, I do not trust anything coming from you or Lon at this point.

Also, taking the web pages down makes it appear that you're trying to cover things up. You could have simply removed the PayPal links if you wanted to stop orders.

I don't know what to think, but it doesn't look good.

-Dan

After this I phoned Phil Carson, at which point I found out that "working with Phil Carson" conceivably meant following the cease and desist order.

His most recent response:

Dan

Well that is your opinion and I understand that. As i told you everyone's money is going to be refunded, it is only right. The pages were taken down as that is what the attorney's told us to do, it was not cause anymore restlessness. I know Lonnie has spoke to Phil Carson via cell phone and also relayed to him that everyone would be refunded. Everyone can draw their own opinion as they are going to anyway. I find it really funny how know one cares about the "whole story" but would rather just place blame and threaten etc. This will all be taken care of very soon. If Lonnie had actually gotten the money that would be one thing, but it was withdrawn by2 other people, who are the ones behind this, but no one cares about that fact. I am doing all I can to get it settled now. That is all i can do.

David

Say what you want, you do not know the whole story, and once it all comes out, you will see. Your money as well as everyone elses will be refunded to you. You people are not the only ones who have been done wrong, and the whole story will be brought to light very soon.

David

so he is admitting wrong has been done, (mr. obvious)..... :)

David

Let me just say this much. First off..............this guy hasn't provided one OUNCE of info related to this guy and his supposed 'hospital stay'. Which, if you're reading this guys......is proof that you were out to deceive everyone....

Secondly, I think they've realised that the magnitude of which they've frauded people could result in something much larger *i.e. jail...* and that they need to seek retribution as soon as possible so that they don't get in deeper. i.e. 'giving the money back'

What they fail to realise....that if persued, they would have to give the money back...AND...serve some time, or pay a HUGE fine to boot........

Huge amount of damage control going on here.....

And I can't wait to hear the story............I'll get my popcorn ready.....

The infamous '2 other people' involved. And...Lonnie is going to pay back money that he never received. And....that two other people have access to his Paypal account.

Interesting.......

I would LOVE for someone to contact the car dealership to verify if Lonnie has 'called in sick'.......

The infamous '2 other people' involved. And...Lonnie is going to pay back money that he never received. And....that two other people have access to his Paypal account.

Interesting.......

I would LOVE for someone to contact the car dealership to verify if Lonnie has 'called in sick'.......

I think ALL OF US should call that dealership. If he actually works there, a flood of angry phone calls to their dealership outta draw some serious attention!!

So many weird things here..............

1.) Airlifted to ST. LOUIS from Arkansas? then...to MEMPHIS?

2.) Lonnie never received the money.....but still sent or said he sent discs to AOR Heaven??

Everyone will be receiving refunds, as it is only right.

Lonnie was in a terrible car accident, that was not a lie

As i told you everyone's money is going to be refunded, it is only right.

I know Lonnie has spoke to Phil Carson via cell phone

All these things sound funny to me. Also, the heading David/ Lonnie........Must be his split personality....

JL

Interesting.......

I think ALL OF US should call that dealership. If he actually works there, a flood of angry phone calls to their dealership outta draw some serious attention!!

Somebody give me the Goddamn number and I will call now...

JL

[...Lonnie is going to pay back money that he never received.

You hit the nail on the head...

JL