Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

It just keeps getting better........

Whatever, i am done with all this bullshit with you, your getting your money back, it has been a very bad deal for everyone involved and you want to continue acting like a 5 year old with all the name calling and harrassment. So yeah if you live and hour away come on over for a visit, might be one you won't like though. Because if this does not stop harrassment charges will filed against you. I have printed all these messages out and they will be taken to the authorities. I have already met with the my lawyer and we have spoke with other representation of other people involved, refunds will be made the whole story will be told, that is the end of it. So leave it be. All i can do is apologize because no one was intentionally taken advantage of. We were scammed just as bad as you and everyone else. So as i stated before until you know the whole story, don't assume, because you know what happens when you assume, you generally make an ass out of yourself.

David

You keep saying that no one was intentionally taken advantage of, but yet you still made up a lie about a car accident? Do you really expect people to believe you after all that? I also doubt that the police would even bother with harrassment charges on your part after so many people have called PayPal and the police department about you.

No matter what is done or said, we still considered you a friend and you should have come forward right away when problems arose from the supposed Hurricane deal or whatever. When you dig yourself a hole, you really dig deep

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the madness goes on - here's "Lavid's" reply through paypal, after I started to cancell/refound my payment:

Packages have been shipped and tracking information will be provided via UPS as of 2/5/07. Buyer continues to make slanderous threats. Once this transaction is through there will be no more dealings with him. He has started all of this in the wake of Lonnie Holdaway(owner of the company) being involved in a terrible auto accident. There will be a libel and slander lawsuit filed by our company in US District court 297 against Georg Siegl/Aor Heaven on 2/5/2007. Sincerely David Holdaway

i think he`s fkin crazy..he must be off his meds..excuse after excuse ......or maybe the meth got the best of him

the madness goes on - here's "Lavid's" reply through paypal, after I started to cancell/refound my payment:

Packages have been shipped and tracking information will be provided via UPS as of 2/5/07. Buyer continues to make slanderous threats. Once this transaction is through there will be no more dealings with him. He has started all of this in the wake of Lonnie Holdaway(owner of the company) being involved in a terrible auto accident. There will be a libel and slander lawsuit filed by our company in US District court 297 against Georg Siegl/Aor Heaven on 2/5/2007. Sincerely David Holdaway

So Georg, it looks like you will getting $5000 worth of Hurricane cd's anyday now.....

JL

Wow....this has been a read!!!

I got the original message from a David Holdaway with a notification of an accident a couple of days ago. Soon thereafter, received an e mail from Georg Siegl about his thoughts.

I recall Lonnie contacted me back in the fall wanting to sell me his CD collection. He had a pretty impressive list that he sent. He said he wanted to sell it as a whole lot and was contacting E Bay sellers who he thought would be interested in buying it and then reselling.....problem is, as most ugly capitalist know, you buy cheap and sell for more......In this case, he was wanting close to the going rate for everything. I passed...........

Now, as I read all this, and especially the posts that were alledgedly written by "David", I am assuming that there actually are two different individuals here. Any of you who have had previous contacts with Lonnie know that he always speaks and communicates in a rather "street" talk fashion......."Hey Dude" and "what yah think man". As I read what is alledgedly written by "David" I do not see the same style of writing and use of vocabulary. This makes me think there are actually two different people here.

It will certainly be interesting to see and hear how this all plays out. One thing is certain.....CD collectors have been roused from their sleep and will be alert for a little while for cons and scams. Something on the order of 911......now, time has put things back to almost business as usual!!!!

Interestingly enough, I think he was discovered a while back by Ryan at MetalMayhem when he said that he was going to reissue the Banshee stuff.

By Lonnie in the 'Never Say Die' forum/thread:

"I apologize to all the folks who were looking forward to us releasing this, but i can tell you the entire Banshee back catalog will be seeing the light of day again, thru Metal Mayhem. I also want to say thanks to Ryan Northrop and Tommy Lee Flood for being kind and understanding enough to know we were not trying to bootleg or release this in any underhanded manner. You guys are truly class acts."

Seems he was discovered but covered it up with an excuse. No one questioned it at the time. It would be interesting to hear from Ryan concerning this........

I spoke with Ryan earlier today, and like the rest of us, he is having a hard time believing all this as well.

Basically, after seeing Lon's post regarding Banshee, Ryan got Lonnie on the phone to discuss the matter.

(Tommy Lee Flood & Ryan have been friends for years, and have been discussing re-issuing the Banshee stuff for a while) He told Ryan that he was approached by someone to reissue “The Cry In The Night” ep. Lonnie had no contract in place and easily agreed to drop the idea; end of story there.

Later on, Lon asked Ryan if he could carry MM releases and proceeded to order 60 CD’s from Ryan to sale on the RnR Records site. Ryan sent the cd’s to him with 30 day terms based on Lon's word that he would pay. It looks like Ryan was taken as well! <_<

The odd thing regarding Ryan/Metal Mayhem is that Lon never asked him if he wanted to purchase any of the Hurricane re-issues...which is great for Ryan, as he would have probably ordered 500 of each straight away.... :blink:

Mike

More posts deleted. Sam: one final warning -- you attempt to derail this thread again and it's 30 days. If you want to start a diatribe against other label owners, fine. Start another thread elsewhere, but leave this one alone. Got it?

-Dan

How is it considered Libel or Slander when George has the fake UPS shipping doc as proof, and none of the bands in question know anything about the rereleasing of their own material? Second, "Company"? What do you mean company? Are you a registered company? Why is there no info on this "Company" anywhere, not to mention other associated "Companies" anywhere on the net? Sorry... you're seriously talking out your ass

Holy shit I just got a my first refund from Lonnie. Though it is pending LOL And this message

Message From Seller:

Here is refund #1 for you, we apologize for this issue and we hope you

understand that is was not us who was behind this, we are in the same boat as

you.

Holy shit I just got a my first refund from Lonnie. Though it is pending LOL And this message

Message From Seller:

you.

While I think it's great that some folks may start to be getting refunds, I'd appreciate if Adriano and Georg would post here when they receive their refunds (or if they don't receive their refunds by Friday), since they have 4 figures in limbo.

It's a good first step, but regardless, I think full disclosure is still warranted.

-Dan

Message From Seller:

you.

While I think it's great that some folks may start to be getting refunds, I'd appreciate if Adriano and Georg would post here when they receive their refunds (or if they don't receive their refunds by Friday), since they have 4 figures in limbo.

It's a good first step, but regardless, I think full disclosure is still warranted.

-Dan

I agree...I would rather these guys get their money back first. They obviously got it the worst...

Justice should still be served though...

JL

The refund is pending, I cant understand how a refund could be pending. If you dont have the funds what is the point.

Message From Seller:

you.

-Dan

The refund is pending, I cant understand how a refund could be pending. If you dont have the funds what is the point.

It's pending because his account is frozen. He cannot send money's or receive them right now.

Jarred

It's pending because his account is frozen. He cannot send money's or receive them right now.

Jarred

Yeah, that's what I was thinking back when I read that. I'm not sure any refunds will be "allowed" at this point in time. :(

Couple of small things:

lol at 'Lovid' but I agree with Delbert. The first thing I noticed is that David speaks very, very different to Lon. Maybe that's easy to fake, but I'm pretty convinced they're 2 different people.

Also, the thing I am wondering is that if you're pulling a scam of this nature, why didn't Lon present his collection to more potential buyers, saying he was clearing it out because he was so busy with the new label... then he could have got $1000's from all kinds of people, offering rare CDs from a dud list?

On a side now, was that THOMMY guy having a go at me? :lol:

And I agree with the dudes who didn't come forward with their dodgy dealings with Lon. He does have many defenders here (I also always thought very high of him myself) and although these guys had a few shifty deals, I know some of these guys and if they had any idea THIS was going to happen, I'm convinced they'd have let us know... but with the magnitude of their failed dealings with Lon, I can see why they wouldn't bring it forth for what reception they may have received here.

I'll be interested to see how this one plays out. I think we've seen just about everything you could possibly think of come out of this one. I wonder if this will someday be on one of those mystery shows they have on tv. That would be crazy. This seems exactly like one of the stories told on 48 Hours Mystery or whatever that show is. I like that show, but I didn't want to have a real life story play out in front of my eyes.

Dan & all other friends:

Of course I will keep you infomed. I e-mailed now David (or Lonnie) and asked him a simple explanation. I want to see if I will get any reply.

I pre-ordered the Hurricane cds, I would be asking him at least ten copies of each Hurricane cd, fortunately I didn´t pay for them. I also purchased a small lot of rarities (8 cds) spending more than US$ 1,000. Now I am not sure if they really exist. He offered the same cd to Michael Butt, Delbert and probably to other top dealers.

I am extremely disappointed with this whole history, as always, I am open to hear your important opinions.

all the best

Adriano - adboimel@uol.com.br

Message From Seller:

you.

-Dan

Dan & all other friends:

Of course I will keep you infomed. I e-mailed now David (or Lonnie) and asked him a simple explanation. I want to see if I will get any reply.

I pre-ordered the Hurricane cds, I would be asking him at least ten copies of each Hurricane cd, fortunately I didn´t pay for them. I also purchased a small lot of rarities (8 cds) spending more than US$ 1,000. Now I am not sure if they really exist. He offered the same cd to Michael Butt, Delbert and probably to other top dealers.

I am extremely disappointed with this whole history, as always, I am open to hear your important opinions.

all the best

You are a class act Adriano & I am very sorry you are going through this. Keep your fingers crossed bro...good things will come to you. :)

Jarred

Dan & all other friends:

all the best

Adriano....just out of curiosity, what CD's were they? Don't post if u don't wish to, Im only curious because I remember getting a list with Sgt. Roxx in it, and a few others. I'll go back in my emails to check it out, see what others were offered.