Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

The Bad thing is I genuinely felt bad and cared for his well being...as I do for the majority

of the people I've meet on this board..to use an accident to cover up lies is SAD and

PATHETIC....as stated before respect is earned and nurtured daily...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there,

Ok, a few guys suggested that I also should leave a comment here regarding this matter.

The whole thing started when Lonnie contacted me by January, the 17th, offering me the Hurricane re-issues.

After we sorted out the details/price he sent me an e-mail due January, the 21st, by telling me that he has both "Over The Edge" and "Slave To The Thrill" in stock. Our initial order was about 550 units for both titles. A few hours later he sent me the paypal request about 4675$ which we paid straight away.

After this things just freaked out, cause all what we received from him were fakes, lies and even more lies!

I have e-mailed the prooves to Dan and Andrew McNeice and I guess meanwhile the whole story speaks for itself that Lonnie is not only ripping us off, he also never secured the rights for the re-issues.

I guess it's needless to mention that it's very quiet on Lonnie's end since it has been approved that he's a thief and notorios liar !

Greets

Georg

AOR Heaven

I knew I'd forgotten something. Georg sent me the scan of the UPS waybill that supposedly proved that Lon had shipped the CDs. Problem: No stamp or initials on the part of any UPS employee indicating receipt of the package. Basically it was the same as you or I picking up a blank form from UPS and filling out just the customer portion. Now I don't care what podunk hicksville town you live in, but UPS *ALWAYS* provides something that acknowledges receipt of the shipment, whether it's a printed receipt from the UPS depot, or the initials of the driver who picked up the package.

The waybill is clearly bogus. See below. (I've blurred out Georg's phone number and UPS account number)

Lon-UPS.jpg

I didn't make any comments when this thread was started for one main reason..

The story told by "David" combined with the delays with the Hurricane releases just didn't add up. As much as I wanted to tell "Lonnie" he was in my thoughts.. I couldn't do it until I knew for sure. I didn't have any dealings with Lonnie personally.. just a few brief PM conversations. I never took one of his "free" mixed CDs nor did I ever buy from him. And I was lucky enough not to have pre-ordered any of his releases. For those of you who did... best of luck in getting your money back.

Alot of you here at HH considered Lonnie to be a friend... I think that would have me more upset then the $17.99 for a Hurricane CD. To think that someone would pull of this elaborate hoax is unbelievable... then when you take into account it was pulled off by a "freind"... WOW.

I agree that if some members here at HH had come down on Lonnie earlier... they would have been skinned alive. One thing we all have to remember here... use caution.

Straight off the press......

HURRICANE RE-ISSUES NOT ALL THAT THEY SEEM:

Plenty of mail regarding the Hurricane re-issues being advertised at various online retailers and primarily by the company re-issuing them. Unfortunately the band themselves are not aware of this re-issue, nor any of the songs that are listed as supposed bonus tracks! This leads to only one conclusion...

However, there are further complications, with the same company also advertising advance release information for several other re-issue titles including Jim Jidhead, Robert Tepper and Valentine. There are questions over all of these and I have been in contact with a couple of the artists already. I await further information and official comments, which I hope to present to you in the next day or so.

I would advise at this time to avoid placing any orders for the advertised CDs until the artists comment officially about this. Additionally, AOR Heaven, who I mentioned as stocking the Hurricane re-issues, do not have stock of these titles as they have not arrived as promised by the company and the situation remains unresolved.

Stay tuned...

Maybe something good will come out of all of this....

Maybe Hurricane, Valentine, Jim Jidhead and Robert Tepper release could see the light of day once again. This hoax may help to show that their is interest in bands such as these. Maybe record companies will see this and try, by legal means, to get this music back out there. If the band members are now aware of this little hoax... maybe they themselves will attempt to get this suff released. At least we can hope for something possitive to come out off all this.

This is turning out to be a Greek tragedy. :crying:

Julius Caesar - where the trusted Brutus stabs Caesar?

Maybe something good will come out of all of this....

Maybe Hurricane, Valentine, Jim Jidhead and Robert Tepper release could see the light of day once again. This hoax may help to show that their is interest in bands such as these. Maybe record companies will see this and try, by legal means, to get this music back out there. If the band members are now aware of this little hoax... maybe they themselves will attempt to get this suff released. At least we can hope for something possitive to come out off all this.

I agree. The Hurricane releases especially, for me anyways.

This is turning out to be a Greek tragedy. :crying:

A very appropriate turn of phrase, since it looks like a whole lot of people are getting it in the ass here...

Just a thought: if anyone here is in touch with the Hurricane guys, (I know someone mentioned an e-mail exchange with a band member but I can't remember who it was) it might be a good idea to suggest to them that they make some sort of statement about this whole affair and send it to Blabbermouth or Bravewords.com. That would get the word out to a maximum number of people about this scam in relatively little time. Thousands of people visit those two sites for metal/hard rock news every day.

I didn't make any comments when this thread was started for one main reason..

The story told by "David" combined with the delays with the Hurricane releases just didn't add up. As much as I wanted to tell "Lonnie" he was in my thoughts.. I couldn't do it until I knew for sure. I didn't have any dealings with Lonnie personally.. just a few brief PM conversations. I never took one of his "free" mixed CDs nor did I ever buy from him. And I was lucky enough not to have pre-ordered any of his releases. For those of you who did... best of luck in getting your money back.

Alot of you here at HH considered Lonnie to be a friend... I think that would have me more upset then the $17.99 for a Hurricane CD. To think that someone would pull of this elaborate hoax is unbelievable... then when you take into account it was pulled off by a "freind"... WOW

I couldn't agree with that "WOW" more.... -_-

Well, that was fast...wonder what the fuck he was doing. He never left his setting/ PM box....

JL

You don't suppose someone else here at HH is involved in this whole thing... do ya?

• 2023 Gold Donors

Well, well, well..guess who is logged on right now?

Speak up Jackass!

Bet he doesn't....

Ya won that bet! I wonder how many seller's will be adding, if they haven't already, mr. sooner-than-later to their block bidder's list and/or removin' photo's from myspace pages now? :blink:

Well, that was fast...wonder what the fuck he was doing. He never left his setting/ PM box....

JL

You don't suppose someone else here at HH is involved in this whole thing... do ya?

Actually, I do think someone else is involved but I am not going to say the name....I'll see how it plays out...

JL

JL

Actually, I do think someone else is involved but I am not going to say the name....I'll see how it plays out...

JL

3 anonymous members signned on as we all sit here reading this thread... all 20 of us.

3 anonymous members signned on as we all sit here reading this thread... all 20 of us.

Dan, are you able to see who is logged in anonymously, not sure if you can, just very curious.....

JL

JL

Yeah, I have no doubt....can think of one person on the board who might be involved...maybe the other person is David......who knows.......I wish they would quit hiding & speak up like a man....

JL

Has anyone tried calling Lon at the Car Dealership he works at?

I was wondering the same thing. An easy way to do it, is to call and say that you're verifying employment.........

Well, Well

I got scammed (only on postage) last year by Lonnie and I was vilified by nearly everyone at the time. At last his true colours have beed shown.

I am sorry for anyone that got ripped off-but at least I can start communicating more regularly on this board again.

The guy sounds like a total scumbag if he has gone out of his way to screw some honest people on this bored.

Update: I have just received a PM from David. I have replied, asking his permission to post it here.

I don't want to get into specifics prior to obtaining his permission, but he maintains that the auto accident and Lon's injuries are real.

-Dan

P.S. I deleted the off-topic dumb stuff about car salesmen. Let's keep this on topic, ok? Thanks