Best of the Best X

Which of these is your fave?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1984...another great f'n year for music! :banger:

RATT!!!!!! Although some good competition, the opening riffs of Lack Of Communication were always a favorite and although some good hits on this one, Scene Of The Crime was my favorite track on this album :banger:

Damn...1984 was a good year wasn't it? I could've went with just about anything on this list... considered "The Warning" and "Stay Hungry" but went with

\m/ DIO DIO DIO DIO DIO DIO DIO DIO DIO DIO DIO \m/

Cuz Ronnie still rules today

gotta go with Foreigner

Scorpions, Survivor, and Tsister right behind!!!

This is pretty much where my interests start. It was a close call between Dokken, Bon Jovi and Ratt... but Ratt got it for me in the end. Awesome album... just love that thing!!! Agree with T-Bone too, 'Scene of the crime' is my fave too.

Steve Perry - Street Talk. Especially like it as he is obviously doing something he enjoys rather than plumping for Journeys tried and tested formula of the time.

RATT!!!!!! Although some good competition, the opening riffs of Lack Of Communication were always a favorite and although some good hits on this one, Scene Of The Crime was my favorite track on this album  :banger:

Almost went with Dio, but I had to go with Ratt for exactly the same reasons as T-BONE... how scary is that? ;)

Damn...That's a hard one to answer. 1984 was a Great Year!!

I chose Icon... cause I've been listening to it lately...But man it's

closer than a frog's butt hair....gotta say all of them are classic's

IMO!!! :banger:

I went with my boys in Dokken, but Ratt was right there with 'em. 2 phenomenal releases that I played over...and over again. Dio, T.S. , Scorps, Whitesnake, Y&T, Zebra, arghhhhhh...all faves as well! :P What a year! :banger:

FOR ME => QUEENSRYCHE " the warning " , who is my favorite band !!

But it's very difficult to make a choice .

Dokken " tooth and nail" fantastic

Icon '"st" fabulous

Twisted Sister "Stay hungry" a great classical

Whitesnake " slide it in "

Ratt " out of the cellar" brilliant

CryCin

Very tough choice between Bon jovi,kiss,ratt and Y&t. I went with the mighty Y&t great album with very smart lyrics.

the first album that come to my mind is Van halen 1984, strange that is not listed here. Still in rock we trust shoul d be my choice. :band:

• 3 weeks later...

Allow me to be the first to vote for Black N Blue. "Chains Around Heaven"..."Wicked Bitch"..."Hold On To 18"...those are some great anthems, and while there are plenty of classic contributions to the hard rock genre on this list, Black N Blue is the album that gets the most play time in my stereo.

Icon (s/t) got my vote in a close run off (I mean play off) with Dokken,Ratt and Black N blue!

One of my ALL-Time favorite songs was Track 2 from the Autograph (Sign In Please)

TURN UP THE RADIO! :headbanger:

• 10 months later...

1984....year of the RATT, and some Rokken with Dokken! :banger:

RATT!!!!!! Although some good competition, the opening riffs of Lack Of Communication were always a favorite and although some good hits on this one, Scene Of The Crime was my favorite track on this album :banger:

Yeah, I still remember the first time my friend put on a tape of Lack of Communication. EXCELLENT!!!

I went with Ratt, one of my Top 5 favorite albums of all time.

• 1 month later...

1984 was another GREAT year for rock! There are so many good ones, it is hard to pick just one!

I narrowed it down to 4:

Dokken "Tooth & Nail"

Ratt "Out Of The Cellar"

Y&T "In Rock We Trust"

Whitesnake "Slide It In"

In the end, I went with....Dokken "Tooth & Nail"!

• 1 year later...