Cricket !

Wotty

Still ranked number 1 in the world when it comes to Test Cricket but trust me, we are not!!!!!!!!!

But bending those Sth Africans over and giving it to em' big time was, I must admit, very enjoyable indeed :fu:

How's the finger going Smithy.......very fuckin' painfully I hope :butt:

Still ranked number 1 in the world when it comes to Test Cricket but trust me, we are not!!!!!!!!!

But bending those Sth Africans over and giving it to em' big time was, I must admit, very enjoyable indeed :fu:

How's the finger going Smithy.......very fuckin' painfully I hope :butt:

I was quite impressed the way you bounced back after your recent spate of results. You looked really good on ocassions, but the weaknesses are there to be exploited, which we can hopefully do in the summer. I still think your bowling attack isn't great to be honest, although Johnson is looking good (at the moment anyways - you never really know what you are gonna get). Batting wise when everyone comes to the circus, you are pretty solid, in the top order especially..

I was very disappointed with our West Indies tour mate. Apart form the 51 debacle in the first test, we were soo much the better team, but because of the really bad wickets, everyone scored loads of runs, but couldn't bowl each other out. A very boring series to behonest so hopefully the up and coming one day series will be better.

I still think your bowling attack isn't great to be honest

There simply lies the problem mate....They pulled one out of their arse here but it won't happen again, especially on the English pitches......Pietersen will be licking his lips with the anticipation of facing this attack as would several others.

I still think your bowling attack isn't great to be honest

And that is very evident in what is taking place at the moment :whistle:

Really, this is what that Sth African batting line-up should have done to this attack from the word go.

Complacency and big heads have cost them this series, that in all honesty, they should have won 3-0

Never mind, it could not have happened to a nicer bunch :fu: .... :unsure: ....or could have it... :whistle::lol:;)

If this English cricket team don't sort their 'Shit' out, the summer is gonna be another one to add to the ever growing list embarassments. The first ever time I have tuned off an England match in sheer embarassment and shame . Fucking pathetic bunch of losers :fu:

If this English cricket team don't sort their 'Shit' out, the summer is gonna be another one to add to the ever growing list embarassments. The first ever time I have tuned off an England match in sheer embarassment and shame . Fucking pathetic bunch of losers :fu:

I have not heard anything yet about this game but going by your post it sounds like I'm going to take great pleasure in finding out what has happened and I'm going to do that right now :bananamac: ....I'll be back very soon :lol:

I have not heard anything yet about this game but going by your post it sounds like I'm going to take great pleasure in finding out what has happened and I'm going to do that right now :bananamac: ....I'll be back very soon :lol:

:doh: .....I was hoping it was a test match...... :lol:

It is pretty bad but it's only a one day game so it's nothing to really worry about.

I don't even bother taking the piss over them :lol:

• 1 year later...

Great match. Here's to more Aussie loses starting end of November :bananamac:

That would be nice. I will, however, be completely pessimistic as usual.

Don't be mate the writing is on the wall for the Aussies,time to try something new and fast.

Don't be mate the writing is on the wall for the Aussies,time to try something new and fast.

They will rebuild and be the best in the world again very soon, I'm sure of that. I think the series could be very close, but imo the only hope for England to keep the Ashes is a draw.

Yeah, the Aussie team is dreadful at the moment, hey? Seen a couple of bits and pieces here recently and it's pretty depressing. Why do they suck so much at the moment?

They will rebuild and be the best in the world again very soon, I'm sure of that. I think the series could be very close, but imo the only hope for England to keep the Ashes is a draw.

Have to disagree a bit there mate. Now the big names have gone from the Aussie side (except Ponting, who has maybe a couple of years left), they are a match for any decent side (as has been proven over the last 18 months or so - one loss after another in every form of the game). They had the fortune of all those exceptional players (Warne, McGrath (tosser),Hayden, Gilchrist etc) coming together at the same time, performing to their ultimate ability for so long, but those days are now over and the players that are coming through their ranks now, whilst good, are absolutely nowhere near the quality as before, plus if Clarke takes over as Captain, which he will, he is nowhere near to and never will be as good as Ponting. England on the other hand, are building a very strong team and should definitely not be underrated, they have a better bowling attack for sure, and the batting lineup is getting there too, if everyone performs like they can and should. They have without a doubt, the potential to turn the Aussies over, even on their own turf. It will be a close series I think (and hope) and no 5-0 drubbing like the last time we visited down under. Really looking forward to it, although I will miss alot of it, as it is on during the night.

Have to disagree a bit there mate. Now the big names have gone from the Aussie side (except Ponting, who has maybe a couple of years left), they are a match for any decent side (as has been proven over the last 18 months or so - one loss after another in every form of the game). They had the fortune of all those exceptional players (Warne, McGrath (tosser),Hayden, Gilchrist etc) coming together at the same time, performing to their ultimate ability for so long, but those days are now over and the players that are coming through their ranks now, whilst good, are absolutely nowhere near the quality as before, plus if Clarke takes over as Captain, which he will, he is nowhere near to and never will be as good as Ponting. England on the other hand, are building a very strong team and should definitely not be underrated, they have a better bowling attack for sure, and the batting lineup is getting there too, if everyone performs like they can and should. They have without a doubt, the potential to turn the Aussies over, even on their own turf. It will be a close series I think (and hope) and no 5-0 drubbing like the last time we visited down under. Really looking forward to it, although I will miss alot of it, as it is on during the night.

Mate, it absolutely rocks to read that and your argument is compelling, but I can't help but be pessimistic. A life of supporting England and Crystal Palace, and being ginger, does that! :(

I do think it will be close though, home advantage will give the Aussies a massive boost and I'm not sure how well our bowlers will cope out there. Should be exciting.

Mate, it absolutely rocks to read that and your argument is compelling, but I can't help but be pessimistic. A life of supporting England and Crystal Palace, and being ginger, does that! :(

I do think it will be close though, home advantage will give the Aussies a massive boost and I'm not sure how well our bowlers will cope out there. Should be exciting.

The England and Palace bits are great mate. I never knew you 'suffered' with the 3rd affliction ;)

If the ball doesn't swing, which it generally doesn't for long or anywhere near like it does over here, Anderson will have to be right on the money, early. Swann will be excellent as usual and I can see him getting a bag full. Broad, if he keeps his temper undewraps and behaves like an adult for 5 minutes, should do well aswell. My only negative point is that they are a bowler short, because of extending the batting. That could bite them on the ass.

The England and Palace bits are great mate. I never knew you 'suffered' with the 3rd affliction ;)

If the ball doesn't swing, which it generally doesn't for long or anywhere near like it does over here, Anderson will have to be right on the money, early. Swann will be excellent as usual and I can see him getting a bag full. Broad, if he keeps his temper undewraps and behaves like an adult for 5 minutes, should do well aswell. My only negative point is that they are a bowler short, because of extending the batting. That could bite them on the ass.

Totally agree on the bowlers. Let's pray that Swann stays fit, there is a huge amount on his shoulders for this series. I hope we have an alternative to Anderson (no idea who?) as I can see him taking 0 wickets in the first test and getting really frustrated.

• 10 years later...

Bitterly disappointed in the English team today. Loved what they were saying, and the notion the Ashes might be cancelled this year because Australia is an unvisitable country at the moment. But they folded and now they're coming here, participating in our fucking ridiculous quarantine rules and all. :(

I enjoy cricket and the Ashes is cool and all, but this country needs things like this to be cancelled to highlight in no uncertain terms what a fucking terrible place it is to be at the moment. 

Been a team manager of my grass roots ones team. Last season we right through we had play one day games, and my team are not one day team.

And way it's going be , from powers of be , it looks it we going be same. We cannot even convince the president of the powers to be change ask him change for late, he even a life member of the club.

They are think proposing no jabs , no game.

17 hours ago, Geoff said:

Bitterly disappointed in the English team today. Loved what they were saying, and the notion the Ashes might be cancelled this year because Australia is an unvisitable country at the moment. But they folded and now they're coming here, participating in our fucking ridiculous quarantine rules and all. :(

I enjoy cricket and the Ashes is cool and all, but this country needs things like this to be cancelled to highlight in no uncertain terms what a fucking terrible place it is to be at the moment. 

NSW is starting to open up but they shouldn't play any games in WA or SA as they are run by nutjob dictators. I want them to run games at the MCG cause it will be funny to see an empty stadium if Andrews can still have the place locked down by then. All the Labor premiers are embarrassing tools.

17 hours ago, Geoff said:

100%