Cricket !

Wotty

Ummmmm.....I actually have a cricket stick around here somewhere. That was my contribution to this thread.

Cricket stick !!!!! Cricket stick !!!!!! Blimey O'Reilly,it's called a cricket bat,if you don't mind.. :)<_<:)

Sadly not much chance I'm afraid.

There are a few metal fans around the circuit. I know Gillespie likes his rock for one. I'll keep my anonymity but my brother also plays for a county and he's borrowed a lot of my stuff over the years.

Ummmmm.....I actually have a cricket stick around here somewhere. That was my contribution to this thread.

Cricket stick !!!!! Cricket stick !!!!!! Blimey O'Reilly,it's called a cricket bat,if you don't mind.. :)<_<:)

Ok, ok. A cricket bat. I wasn't sure. We have baseball bats, but I wasn't sure. I seem to remember you can hit the ball in almost any direction. Sheesh, ever heard of a foul ball?

Most of the leagues around here favor 301 or 501, but my fave has always been Cricket. The thing that galls me is that only one or two of the leagues play no-slop (which is the correct way to play IMO). Most are happy to play slop. Ick.

Then there's the matter of strategy. Most start with the trip-20, whereas for some reason I always do better going after the bullseye first; there's something about the height of the 20 that throws me off.

What?

That's not what we're talking about? ;)

:hijack:

-Dan

I know exactly what my good English friend is aiming to do here ! :poke: .

Bait the hook , throw the line and wait for the bite!!!!!! Well best i don't let you down !!

"Cricket. A game the English will win."

We ain't no Bangladesh , Zimbabwe or New Zealand , we are the World Champions and you are very close to finding that out "again"

If i could give the English cricket hierachy some advice in making English cricket somewhere near the standard of Australian cricket, it would be;

Stop importing all the overseas talent to play in your county cricket competition because they will never be able to play for England anyway.

You would think you would learn from your Premier League Soccer.You import all the talent from other countries to make it a good competition, but come World Cup time ,they all go back to play with their own countries and thats why you don't then, have the talent to win a World Cup.

You have to bring your own young talent through the ranks and put your belief and trust in them ,that they can get the job done ;)

So sit back , drink your warm beer and let us show you how it is really done :bye:

:poke::poke::poke: ..C'mon Ian , waiting , waiting , waiting or are you just going to let it "Go through to the Keeper" ????????????????? :lol:

Dave,Dave,Dave !!! For once I'm confident..The way we mashed Bangledesh must have sent shockwaves around the Southern hemisphere.So it's obvious by your last post,which included a pop at our footie team,that you may be a tad worried.This thread is basically for me to gloat <_< I mean us to discuss yor loss in a civilised manner...Let battle commence.......

Dave,Dave,Dave !!! For once I'm confident..The way we mashed Bangledesh must have sent shockwaves around the Southern hemisphere.So it's obvious by your last post,which included a pop at our footie team,that you may be a tad worried.This thread is basically for me to gloat <_<  I mean us to discuss yor loss in a civilised manner...Let battle commence.......

I will admitt that one of us is in for a huge fall and a huge eating of humble pie.

Don't worry though Ian , supporting English sport , you should be well trained by now in doing that :lol:

I'm just hoping for an interesting series of matches,that highlight the quality of the participants.Then,after the commentators have announced another follow-on for the Aussies,I can glory in victory and laugh my nuts off :D:D:D:D

I'm just hoping for an interesting series of matches,that highlight the quality of the participants.Then,after the commentators have announced another follow-on for the Aussies,I can glory in victory and laugh my nuts off :D  :D  :D  :D

Watching England either batting or in the field would be like watching the best of Benny Hill. That is the only way you are going to be able to laugh your nuts off :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Way the English destory Warnie's Hampshire on the weekend is good warm up, but the Aussie will destory the old country.

Kevin Petersen must be picked in test side, he wasting his talents just playing in one day side.

A Foreigner will possess the essential knowledge of cricket when he fully understands the following:

You have two sides: One out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When both sides have been in and out including the not outs,

That's the end of the game.

:whistle:

A Foreigner will possess the essential knowledge of cricket when he fully understands the following:

You have two sides: One out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When both sides have been in and out including the not outs,

That's the end of the game.

:whistle:

And our secret plan is unleashed !!!! :D:P

Dear Dave/Doggy,

You guys been watching the first 20/20 game?

We just tore through your so called "best batting line-up in world cricket" like a knife through butter. If you missed any of it I've got the highlights on video tape I can send through? :lol:

Bangladesh gave us a better game...

:banana:

:rofl2:

Dear Dave/Doggy,

We just tore through your so called "best batting line-up in world cricket" like a knife through butter.  If you missed any of it I've got the highlights on video tape I can send through?  :lol:

Yes indeedy-do !!!! :rofl2:

Maybe now the Aussies will see that we are really up for this and maybe better than they think!!!! - OK only a 20/20 game you may say but psychologically a massive boost. A long way to go, but Englands attitude today was spot on.

Maybe now the Aussies will see that we are really up for this and maybe better than they think!!!! - OK only a 20/20 game you may say but psychologically a massive boost. A long way to go, but Englands attitude today was spot on.

Yet again,Yes indeedy-do !!! I'm not taking any opportunity to take the p**s,Honest !!!! :flip:<_<:D:P

Dear Dave/Doggy,

We just tore through your so called "best batting line-up in world cricket" like a knife through butter.  If you missed any of it I've got the highlights on video tape I can send through?  :lol:

I've got it in DIVX format. Shouldn't take long to download. :nyanya:

England have now won the last 3 games against Australia. The gap ain't so big now.