Cricket !

Wotty

Third Test, won the toss and batted first on a great batting strip and it was only Clarke and Katich that looked like they had any idea on how to bat......Oh boy, how quickly the mighty have fallen :whistle:

I can see a big first innings lead to Sth Africa happening here :doh: ....

Lucky it's only a 3 game series and not 5 :whistle::lol:

anyone else think Graeme Smith is a showman?.. not in a good way..

I think I have made it very clear with my thoughts on him but in all honesty I'd have to give him some praise on this tour because he kept his mouth shut, killed us with the bat and still had the guts to come out and bat today to try and draw the test with a broken hand and a stuffed elbow which makes him unable to even brush his teeth and nearly impossible to even hold the bat yet he still gave it a shot and it's only because the ball flew of a crack in the pitch sharply that he went out with about two overs to go otherwise he would have held out and got the draw and they would have won the series 2-0.

He deserved to be cricketer of the series IMO and they were by far the better team and they will spank us when we head over to Sth Africa soon for the return series

I bet Hayden was breathing a sigh of relief when they took that last wicket.

He would have been crucified if the aussies didn't win after he dropped that absolute sitter a few overs out from the end.

:unsure: I think he might have just played his last test anyway.....It will be interesting to see if they pick him to go to Sth Africa.

But yeah, it certainly was a sitter he dropped.

Good to see Pitersen's over inflated head is still the same size as always.....If there is ever a case of FIG JAM, this egotistical Sth African who was captain of England, is the perfect example :whistle:;):lol:

Good to see Pitersen's over inflated head is still the same size as always.....If there is ever a case of FIG JAM, this egotistical Sth African who was captain of England, is the perfect example :whistle:;):lol:

Over inflated head maybe, but at least we only have one of them in our team ;)

Seriously, this is a complete farce - They should have buried the hatchet and both got on with it in my opinion, as he was starting to do a good job, although Moore's wasn't exactly 'performing' in his role as coach.

Still, Pietersen is one of the best players in the world, is half English and thankfully will never be in any Aussie team, which is a shame 'cos you need him at the moment. I did hear through the grapevine that Graeme Smith was half Australian - maybe you could pick him to bolster your batting a little :lol:

I bet Hayden was breathing a sigh of relief when they took that last wicket.

He would have been crucified if the aussies didn't win after he dropped that absolute sitter a few overs out from the end.

:unsure: I think he might have just played his last test anyway.....It will be interesting to see if they pick him to go to Sth Africa.

But yeah, it certainly was a sitter he dropped.

Sure, Hayden is struggling... but is it just me or does the media really push our older players into these situations every time! Give the guy a break. Hes an awesome batsmen, who will come good. And hes a decent bloke unlike some of the guys the media loves. Just think, the media has tried to force both Waugh's, Mark Taylor, Langer, Glen McGrath etcetc all into retirement.

Holy fuck......Did anyone happen to see Dave Warner {has never played a first class match} treat Steyn, Nitini and Kallis like they were 3rd grade bowlers in that 20/20 match........He put Gilchrist to shame.....unberfuckinlieveable :blink:...The crowd were in serious danger of being killed.....If he had not gone out when he did, he would have broken Chris Gayle's record of 100 runs of 49 balls or whatever it was.

I think he was 88 of 38 balls and it was amazing to watch.

Holy fuck......Did anyone happen to see Dave Warner {has never played a first class match} treat Steyn, Nitini and Kallis like they were 3rd grade bowlers in that 20/20 match........He put Gilchrist to shame.....unberfuckinlieveable :blink:...The crowd were in serious danger of being killed.....If he had not gone out when he did, he would have broken Chris Gayle's record of 100 runs of 49 balls or whatever it was.

Watched it mate - great innings. Let's see what he can do in the real form of game though ;)

Watched it mate - great innings. Let's see what he can do in the real form of game though ;)

They have to give him a go and play him in the one day games.They picked him on what he did to Shaun Tate in the 20/20 game between NSW and SA and that was he put Tait bowling at 150+k's on to the Grandstand roof on what they were saying was one of the biggest hits you will ever see.

I did hear through the grapevine that Graeme Smith was half Australian - maybe you could pick him to bolster your batting a little :lol:

:anon: If there was the slightest evidence he had a bit of Aussie in him, I'd make him fuckin Captain :whistle::lol:

With all the publicity he has got over the last few days, Stevie Wonder could have seen what was going to happen with him in this game.......He tried to hit every ball out of the ground but could not get one out of the middle and Steyn rocked back the middle peg when he was only on 7.

Now on another note, a :bowdown: goes out to Matthew Hayden on announcing his retirement from all forms of Cricket......A true champion who along with Langer was part of the best opening partnership in Australian Cricket :tumbsup:

With all the publicity he has got over the last few days, Stevie Wonder could have seen what was going to happen with him in this game.......He tried to hit every ball out of the ground but could not get one out of the middle and Steyn rocked back the middle peg when he was only on 7.

Yeah, I felt sorry for the kid because as you say anyone could see it coming from miles away.

Either way, good win for the Aussies. I thought they were in a bit of strife when Ponting and the next dude went in quick succession.

Dumminy champion one minute, chump-ion the next.

He took that screamer of a catch, but then messed up the easy one.

Was it White he dropped? If so, the next 10-12 balls White faced musta gone for about 30+ runs and sealed the match for the aussies.

It looked like a good pitch last night, but every batsman had trouble scoring freely with big hits.

Nice to see the Aussies embracing the game of 20/20, seeing as it is the only form of the game they can win at anymore. A game that a couple of seasons ago by their own admission they called a ''bit of fun', all of a sudden seems a little bit more competative. :whistle:

Nice to see you lads where you belong, down the league table with the English!! :lol:

Nice to see the Aussies embracing the game of 20/20, seeing as it is the only form of the game they can win at anymore. A game that a couple of seasons ago by their own admission they called a ''bit of fun', all of a sudden seems a little bit more competative. :whistle:

Nice to see you lads where you belong, down the league table with the English!! :lol:

It was a pretty ordinary game to watch for the most part... and honestly we were lucky to get out of it..

Mate, I still could not give a fuck about 20/20 cricket and weather they win or loose. The only thing that makes you watch that blight on the game is just trying to see them kill someone in the crowd with a round white missile.

Oh, and by the way, how dare you say we are down the league table with the English :tsk: ....You have got that one definately wrong mate......we are not that bad.....we are worse and lower than England on any table at the moment :anon::lol:

Mate, I still could not give a fuck about 20/20 cricket and weather they win or loose. The only thing that makes you watch that blight on the game is just trying to see them kill someone in the crowd with a round white missile.

Oh, and by the way, how dare you say we are down the league table with the English :tsk: ....You have got that one definately wrong mate......we are not that bad.....we are worse and lower than England on any table at the moment :anon::lol:

I agree about 20/20 mate - a bit of a slog out and not much there for the real purist in my opinion (don't want to sound snobby, but I like the traditional forms of the game). Good for a quick watch but give me a test match please. :lol:

I think we are pretty much on a level playing field at the moment mate to be honest. :drink:

Wow, that was a pretty cool match yesterday. I obviously didn't see it all, but the end was most intense. I thought for all money we were looking at a repeat of Friday night's showing, but good to see the Aussies at least making for an interesting 3rd match.

Wow, that was a pretty cool match yesterday. I obviously didn't see it all, but the end was most intense. I thought for all money we were looking at a repeat of Friday night's showing, but good to see the Aussies at least making for an interesting 3rd match.

Allowing the batting team to choose when they use one of the power plays certainly has a major effect on the game. Just when it looks like they are out of it they can just bring the powerplay into effect and get and get back on top.

Allowing the batting team to choose when they use one of the power plays certainly has a major effect on the game. Just when it looks like they are out of it they can just bring the powerplay into effect and get and get back on top.

Didn't work today did it ;)

Hail Smithy's conquering heroes :rofl2:

As noted above, I am no cricket guru, but it seemed plainly obvious to me that allowing South Africa to chase a total was not working. In fact, it was obviously failing. So why, when Ponting had the chance to send South Africa in first, did he go again with the losing formula? Man, that was a horrible display yesterday by the way...

As noted above, I am no cricket guru, but it seemed plainly obvious to me that allowing South Africa to chase a total was not working. In fact, it was obviously failing. So why, when Ponting had the chance to send South Africa in first, did he go again with the losing formula? Man, that was a horrible display yesterday by the way...

You don't have to be a guru mate to see they are now, weather it be test or one day cricket, nothing short of rabble :lame: