Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

A double shot o' 70s action cheez on YouTube:

"Get Christie Love!" (1974)

A black police woman (Teresa Graves) goes undercover to expose a Los Angeles heroin operation. This made-for-TV flick was obviously trying to cash in on the then-current "blaxploitation" cinema craze and served as the pilot for a short lived series. It's pretty standard '70s cop-show stuff, nowhere near as violent or sleazy as a "real" blaxploitation flick would've been. Graves is cute though, and she shows off some kung-fu moves and gets her own catch phrase ("You're under arrest, sugar!"). Foxy Brown could totally kick Christie's ass tho. :D

"Mr. No Legs" (aka "Gun Fighters," 1979)

Ooookay, this is the one of the most WTF movies I've seen in a loooong time. In this low budget cops-n-robbers flick set in Florida, two detectives tangle with a major drug operation, including the title character - an ambitious amputee mob enforcer and total badass who gets around in a souped up wheelchair of Death loaded with hidden weapons. I swear I am not making this up. It must be noted that even though Mr. No Legs gets top billing, he only appears in a few scenes... but those few scenes make it worth sitting thru the rest of this dreck. You haven't LIVED till you've watched this guy kick a bunch of dudes' asses in a poolside display of handicapped martial arts mastery that can only be called "stump-fu." You'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll become a part of you.

All I could think of was Twisted Sister....
Movie is very dated since I saw it last 20 or 30 years ago. I guess it's more of a nostalgia piece these days. Enjoyed it still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4cgs-bPic

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another one of those movies that was released in Australia with a different title.

It was known as "Salute of the Jugger" down here.

Hadn't seen it in years. The trailer doesn't do it justice. It's a great film. Top cast and quite a few Aussie cameos as well.

The Evil Dead - remake ... okay - prefer the original, no humour in the latest.

To be fair, there's not much humor in the original Evil Dead either. The slapstick didn't really kick in until Evil Dead 2.

As for the remake ... the gore-hound in me greatly enjoyed it.

To be fair, there's not much humor in the original Evil Dead either. The slapstick didn't really kick in until Evil Dead 2.

Hahaha...you gore hound you, is that tomato ketchup on the sandwich .... or something more sinister?

Just watched The Doors - The Doors are Open.........I remember watching it years ago around my mates house all gathered around his tiny TV in his room .....and I just bought it the missus as she only originally saw the first 5 minutes wherever she was at the time and never got to see it.

"Ski School" (1991)

A no-frills "Slobs vs. the Snobs" T&A comedy set at a swanky ski resort, with a team of fun loving party animals (appropriately named "Section 8") facing off against a squad of uptight yuppies for the title of King of the Mountain.

This is an utterly brainless, almost totally plotless flick with no redeeming social value whatsoever - but of course, I mean that in the nicest possible way. The flick is packed with lotsa pretty girls, many of whom are frequently naked, plus ther's loads of dorky beer-fueled adolescent humor and quotable lines. Hell, there's even some pretty impressive skiing footage!

This guilty pleasure was a favorite among my circle of friends during our final year of college. We made the "Section 8" gang's motto - "In order to be the best, you must lose your mind" - our official battle cry. Learn it, live it, love it!!

I must have seen a different ED than you as I found the original laden with quirk and laughable moments. Sure ED2 cranked it up to 11 but ED still had its moments.

The only watchable or redeeming factor in the ED reboot is the liberal use of Raimi's Oldsmobile. otherwise pure rubbish.

evil-dead-1973-Oldsmobile-Delta-88.jpg

On topic:

The Final Girls again. Still quite funny and campy and just plain well done.

"I Am Thor" (2015)

An extremely entertaining doc about the life and career of the infamous Jon Mikl Thor - Canada's body building, B-Movie actin', cheese-rockin' '80s metal cult hero, from his humble beginnings to his attempts at a 21st century comeback. Anvil ain't got nothin' on this guy. Mettle doesn't come much more tr00 than Thor! Hails!!

Another one of those movies that was released in Australia with a different title.

It was known as "Salute of the Jugger" down here.

Hadn't seen it in years. The trailer doesn't do it justice. It's a great film. Top cast and quite a few Aussie cameos as well.

https://youtu.be/xoBuSVfB6MM

Love this one. Rutger was in a lot of classics in the 80s.

"He Knows You're Alone" (1980)

A young bride-to-be’s pre-wedding jitters are further complicated by a psycho slasher who starts picking off all of her friends. Though it's mostly remembered today for the appearance by a young Tom Hanks (his first film role) in a bit part, this was a pretty decent little “Halloween” wanna-be, relying on suspense rather than gore. Several scenes and a good chunk of the soundtrack shamelessly borrow from Carpenter’s classic.

It's also a sentimental favorite of mine because it was the first “slasher” flick I ever saw, on Sunday afternoon TV when I was about 13 -- and it scared the absolute crap outta me. Revisiting it 30+ years later felt like opening a quaint time capsule.

As an added bonus, the flick was shot entirely in my old college stomping grounds of Staten Island, New York.

"Batkid Begins" (2015)

A heartwarming documentary about five-year-old Miles, a leukemia survivor whose request to the Make-A-Wish Foundation - "I wanna be Batman" - blossoms into a massive project worthy of Hollywood, involving hundreds of volunteers, dozens of actors and the entire city of San Francisco. If this flick doesn't make you tear up at least once, you have no soul.

"Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man" (1991)

Two down-on-their luck friends - a biker (Mickey Roarke) and a cowboy (Don Johnson) - plan an armored car heist to help bail out a friend's bar. Unfortunately, they pick the wrong car to rob, and then spend the rest of the movie on the run from some very bad people.
This flick was a major bomb when it was first released but has become something of a cult flick since then. It's far from a masterpiece, but it's a fun piece of action junk.

Billion Dollar Brain - (1967) - rather silly spy thriller about an American billionaire invading Russia....starring Michael Caine

The Domino Principle - (1977) - decent thriller about a man broken out of prison to assassinate an top political figure...starring Gene Hackman