Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Rocktober Blood" (1984)

A year after being executed for a string of murders, a heavy metal star has seemingly returned from the dead - and now he's stalking his ex-girlfriend, who took his place fronting his old band.
This cult flick looked promising but the wooden acting, cheesy gore and a bounty of plot holes sunk it pretty quick. The female lead is cute (and frequently naked), plus the fictitious band's music (performed by the early 80s metal combo Sorcery) is actually quite good, so it's not the worst "metal-sploitation" film I've ever seen (that honor goes to "Hard Rock Zombies"), but you can safely skip this one unless you absolutely have to see every Heavy Metal Horror flick in existence.

With my 8 year old this afternoon:

"Home" (2015)

A dorky alien (voiced by Jim Parsons of "Big Bang Theory") whose race has overtaken Earth befriends an Earthling girl, reunites her with her Mom, and then has to stop a planetary invasion by an even bigger, badder bunch of extra-terrestrials in this harmless animated flick. Fluffy, instantly forgettable kid stuff.

"Respectable: The Mary Millington Story" (2016)

An intriguing doc about the short, tumultuous life of 1970s British adult film star Mary Millington, whose rise to fame was eventually brought down by constant battles with England's censorship authorities and an unfortunate dependence on narcotics. I'm not British so I was mostly unfamiliar with Ms. Millington or her career exploits, but I enjoyed this flick nonetheless. Mary may not have had a long life but it was certainly interesting!

Die Hard - because my 14 y/o daughter hadn't seen it. Still as good as ever.

Independence Day - because other kids hadn't seen that and it's always good to revisit the first before you see the sequel.

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (1990)

NYC is under siege from a criminal ninja gang so a quartet of gnarly surf-speakin' martial-arts reptiles come out of hiding to kick their butts -- and eat some pizza.

My 8 year old son and I watched the first of the "new" TMNT films this past week, which made him curious about checking out the 1990 original - which I hadn't seen in dog years. As I expected, it hasn't aged very well but my son and I both got a kick out of it anyway. It's still a load of ultra violent, extremely silly goofball fun.

Holidays.

A series of shorts centered around the holidays. Most are shot well and are good to a point but they all fall flat in the finale sans one dealing with Fathers Day and voiced by the Michael Gross. Of note Halloween I is written and directed by Kevin Smith and stars his daughter.

220px-Out_of_timeposter.jpg

One of Denzel's weaker moments, Eva Mendez is hot but sadly she's the weakest link here

Overall could make a nice story if they could twist the villain's motive and background a bit better

We ended up doing all the Rocky's, with Creed finishing it off a few nights ago.

My wife enjoyed them, but after the last one said "now YOU owe ME six movies" which is a bit scammy as the shit I'm going to have to endure compared to the highly regarded Rocky series will be hard to take.

She pulled Across The Universe, which isn't too bad as I've seen it before and kind of enjoyed.

The others won't be so kind I think.

Also saw "Cell" with Samuel L Jackson and John Cusack. Stephen King movie.

Was ok, but only ok.

• My Little Pony

We ended up doing all the Rocky's, with Creed finishing it off a few nights ago.

My wife enjoyed them, but after the last one said "now YOU owe ME six movies" which is a bit scammy as the shit I'm going to have to endure compared to the highly regarded Rocky series will be hard to take.

She pulled Across The Universe, which isn't too bad as I've seen it before and kind of enjoyed.

The others won't be so kind I think.

Also saw "Cell" with Samuel L Jackson and John Cusack. Stephen King movie.

Was ok, but only ok.

Should've watched The Cell instead.

Should have been released as "mobile" over here so Aussies know what it's about.

Although The Road Warrior is Mad Max, and Angel City are The angels :)

"Chuck Norris vs. Communism" (2015)

Romanian dictator Nicolai Ceausescu forbade all forms of Western media in his country, but when VCRs became available in the mid-1980s, a clandestine network of smugglers and translators brought thousands of Hollywood movies into the country on illegally bootlegged video cassettes.

Underground "video parties" in private homes gave many Romanians their first glimpses at the outside world via Chuck Norris, Rambo, Eddie Murphy or "Top Gun" -- and some say it may have helped spark the 1989 revolution that overthrew the country's government.

This intriguing doc made me grateful as a film buff that I've never had to go to the potentially-dangerous lengths that these people did just to see a movie!

Introduced the kids to the Michael Keaton, Terri Garr comedy Mr Mom. Forgotten how nice this one is and also forgot that Aron Spelling and John Hughes were all over this as well.

Hercules, the Dwayne Rock Johnson version. Kids enjoyed it.

Finished binge watching season 1 and 2 of Broad City. If you missed this give it a go it is fairly funny and the 2 lead girls albeit homely for some sure are cute for others...

• My Little Pony

Watching Zoolander 2 for the 5th time, damn it is soooooo funny.

Eric Toolander. :)

Really? Damn, I still haven't seen it the first time. It's on the list.

Watching Zoolander 2 for the 5th time, damn it is soooooo funny.

Eric Toolander. :)

Really? Damn, I still haven't seen it the first time. It's on the list.

Oh yes totally really. Can't stress enough if you dig the first the second is better. The cameos and the tie in too funny.

Jurassic World (with my girls :)) ... it was okay ... could have done without the whole ''Raptor whisperer' nonsense ...