Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Green Room

I watched this cause it is one of the final films that the late Anton Yelchin appears in and it was filmed in Oregon. Some decent gore effects and some quirky cinematography. The "plot": a dyi punk band gets a gig at an Arian compound and sees something they shouldn't have and the next hour is the bloodbath that unfolds as they attempt to get free. A nod to Patrick Stewart as the nazi punks ringleader.

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (2015)

This is already my second viewing of this flick, which is something I rarely, if ever, do - usually by the time I sit for a repeat viewing of a movie, it's been years since I last saw it!
... and yet again, all I can say is "Thank you, J.J. Abrams. You've made this old fanboy very happy."

"Ozark Sharks" (2016)

A family's vacation at a backwoods camping resort is rudely interrupted by a group of sharks that swims upriver and begins munching on all puny humans in its path. Typically mindless SyFy shark movie schlock.

The Double

This one is filmed very awesomely cool. The story is engaging, as are the writings by the original author Dostoevsky, but alas it may be too ecclectic for many.

sounds interesting, i'll look for this one

Pre-gaming for tonight's premiere of "Sharknado: The 4th Awakens"...

"Sharknado 2: The Second One" (2014)

Finn and April's trip to New York City is rudely interrupted by yet another shark-filled weather anomaly in the sequel that is bigger, louder, dumber, and way more ridiculous fun than the original. The best of the "Sharknado" flicks by a mile.

"Ice Sharks" (2015)
MV5BMjc4MzRmMTktM2QwOC00ZjYwLTliN2EtZjQy
(no trailer on YouTube)
The staff at an Arctic research station studying the melting of the Polar ice cap come under attack by a horde of hungry prehistoric sharks. So basically, this is a wintry version of "Deep Blue Sea," made on a fraction of the budget and without any big name stars. I've seen better shark flicks, but Lord knows I've seen lots worse.

• My Little Pony

Pre-gaming for tonight's premiere of "Sharknado: The 4th Awakens"...

"Sharknado 2: The Second One" (2014)

Finn and April's trip to New York City is rudely interrupted by yet another shark-filled weather anomaly in the sequel that is bigger, louder, dumber, and way more ridiculous fun than the original. The best of the "Sharknado" flicks by a mile.

"Ice Sharks" (2015)

MV5BMjc4MzRmMTktM2QwOC00ZjYwLTliN2EtZjQy

(no trailer on YouTube)

The staff at an Arctic research station studying the melting of the Polar ice cap come under attack by a horde of hungry prehistoric sharks. So basically, this is a wintry version of "Deep Blue Sea," made on a fraction of the budget and without any big name stars. I've seen better shark flicks, but Lord knows I've seen lots worse.

Oh, boy! Is that tonight?

Oh, boy! Is that tonight?

Yep, tonight at 9. SyFy is marathon-ing (is that a word?) all three previous films right now as a lead-in to the new one.

Got through Stranger Things. Very enjoyable, loved the kids, music and 80s setting.

Batman v Superman. Oh dear, what a turd of a movie!

Not a movie but just binge watched the 1st season of the Duplass brothers new HBO show Togetherness.

Some funny stuff here but also a bit of heavy too. If you liked Mark Duplass from The League or anything else he has been in you will appreciate his writing style as well as that of his brother. The show also has a nice share of sexiness an tons of innuendo and each episode clocks in at about 25 minutes so you can get in and get out rather quickly.

The Purge Election Year. Not bad, More of the same.

The Nice Guys - Meh, didn't really come off. OK, but nothing special.

The Answer - average. Kind of a very B grade "Wanted" without any of the good bits lol

"Sharknado: The 4th Awakens" (2016)

SyFy's favorite campy schlock franchise is back for a 4th go-round and it's goofier than the previous three installments combined. Earth has been peaceful and Sharknado-free for five years thanks to new weather controlling technology, and the heroic Finn (Ian Ziering) is living the quiet life in Kansas with his young son. However, he naturally gets called back into action when a new set of shark-filled storms - including a fire-nado, a boulder-nado, and a nuclear-nado (!) threatens life as we know it.

At this point the Sharknado crew isn't even trying to make a "serious" film anymore - this is just a series of cartoonish action sequences glued together with cheap CGI, blink-and-you'll-miss-em D-list celebrity cameos (incl. Duane "Dog the Bounty Hunter" Chapman, Carrot Top, Gilbert Gottfried, Stacey Dash, and Vince Neil) and nods to "Star Wars," "The Terminator," and "The Wizard of Oz." In other words... it's a big overstuffed what-the-f**k sandwich. It's hilarious if you're in the right frame of mind for it, but if you're not already a fan of the series, you don't need to bother.

Spotlight - good film about the Boston Globe's investigation into the Catholic church and pedophile priests.....

Good flick!

A Hologram For The King

Tom Hanks movie so I gave it a go.

Even my wife said, "this is a chick flick, what are you doing watching it?"

She was right, pretty much sucked.

"The Bronx Executioner" (1989)

A future lawman is assigned to a new "territory" in the post-apocalypse Bronx, which is in the midst of an ongoing gang war between "androids" and "humanoids." Lots of people shoot each other and chase each other around on motorcycles. The end.

According to IMDb, a large portion of this godawful Italian schlock epic consists of footage recycled from a previous action flick, which might explain why "Bronx Executioner" is utterly random, plotless, and pointless.

There's a reason why Amazon Prime Streaming offers movies like these for free... because if they charged customers for them, they'd want refunds! :D

Suicide Squad.

OK, but just another standard 'superhero' movie for me.
Of the recent bunch, Antman was the best due to the comedy and fun, rather than just the tired and predictable story line.

• My Little Pony

Suicide Squad.

Of the recent bunch, Antman was the best due to the comedy and fun, rather than just the tired and predictable story line.

It's getting bombed to shit, which is too bad. I was kinda hoping it would be alright, even though I'm pretty much done with these superhero films.

Suicide Squad.

It's getting bombed to shit, which is too bad. I was kinda hoping it would be alright, even though I'm pretty much done with these superhero films.

The Misses and I were just talking about this and my thoughts were that this one would have been nice with an R rating ala Deadpool.??

On topic kind of as it is an HBO series not a movie, but binge watched Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson new series called Ballers. Nice stuff for fans of football and excess.

Twilight - I managed to get thru this...barely....

You did better than I did, then ... :)

• My Little Pony

Twilight - I managed to get thru this...barely....

You did better than I did, then ... :)

But why did you two even bother?