Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Has anyone else seen 'Flags of our Fathers'?

I've heard the name, what's it all about?

It's about the Battle of Iwo Jima in WWII and stars Ryan Phillipe, Adam Beach, and Barry Pepper.

It also has Paul Walker, Robert Patrick and Neal Mcdonough(Band of Brothers & Medical Investigation) in small roles. It was directed by Clint Eastwood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_Our_Fathers_(film)

THAT'S why it sounds so familiar, I just didn't connect the name. Part of me wants to see it, and part of me thinks it'll be really depressing. I was just over at the USS Intrepid in NYC a few months ago and I was reading the stories of wht happened to each of the men holding the flag, no happy endings there, that's for sure... :(

Don't let that stop you because it's great story. It's not just about the battle it's also about some of the soldiers being made to sell War Bonds to the American Public to keep the war going.

The story is really told in flash backs where a guy is finding out what his father did and is interviewing people that were there with him.

The scenes showing the battle are just awesome, and the surround sound in the theater is killer when machine gun fire is going off.

I may actually have to get off my ass and go see it. It does look really good...

We just rented 5 movies but have only watched 2 so far.

Slither- A cheesy horror flick in the same vein as Critters but really f#@kin funny. It has Nathan Fillion from Serenity/Firefly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 7. This movie uses the word FUCK at least 200 times.

The Breakup- A solid movie with many funny lines, but the ending blows. Who knew that a movie called "The Breakup" would actually end with a couple breaking up.

Still to watch today: The Omen(the new one), An American Haunting, and X-Men 3.

Dead Man's Shoes - Not bad ... just a revenge movie really ... the guy who plays Herbie (Stuart Wolfenden) lives locally in Oldham or Rochdale... in real life as in the film he's a bit of a d*ckhead, especially when he's had a drink as was proved recently at the Brook Tavern when he proved how big he was by insulting a bunch of girls and trying to fight a few people....Luckily a few of his embarressed friends pulled him away and eventually out of the pub before he got into real trouble...actors...bunch of luvvies really.

Watched two very different movies last night...

We rented "Cats & Dogs" for my son, which he thought was hilarious, and I thought it was pretty damn funny myself. Now I wonder if our dog is actually a secret agent placed here to protect us from the evil Cat Threat. Nah,he's too stupid to be an agent.

Then after my son went to bed the wife & I watched "United 93." Naturally, it was a very disturbing movie but I was fascinated at the same time. Very tasteful and well done docudrama.

We just rented 5 movies but have only watched 2 so far.

Slither- A cheesy horror flick in the same vein as Critters but really f#@kin funny. It has Nathan Fillion from Serenity/Firefly and Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 7. This movie uses the word FUCK at least 200 times.

The Breakup- A solid movie with many funny lines, but the ending blows. Who knew that a movie called "The Breakup" would actually end with a couple breaking up.

Still to watch today: The Omen(the new one), An American Haunting, and X-Men 3.

I finished the other 3 movies yesterday:

The Omen- This was awesome IMO. That kid that plays Damien is very disturbing looking.

An American Haunting- An above average Horror movie staring Donald Sutherland and Sissy Spacek about a family being haunted by a Witch in a small Tennessee town in 1817.

X-Men 3- I really liked this movie, it had non-stop action and even had a few things that I didn't see coming that included a couple of people dying that I sure didn't expect. This was right up there with the 1st two movies in the series.

An American Haunting- An above average Horror movie staring Donald Sutherland and Sissy Spacek about a family being haunted by a Witch in a small Tennessee town in 1817.

That movie's about the Bell Witch haunting isn't it? Mercyful Fate did a song about that one years ago. I've seen previews but haven't checked it out yet.

That movie's about the Bell Witch haunting isn't it? Mercyful Fate did a song about that one years ago. I've seen previews but haven't checked it out yet.

Yeah, but the movie doens't follow the the legend. A lot of the Locals are pretty pissed about it too.

here is an example

-----------------------

"This movie was not based on any facts i know of. Bess went crazy and killed her little brother. Her family hung her for the murder then her spirit came back and tortured my family for what they did to her. Cedar Hill Ten. in a cave is where Bess is buried. I've been there.

This film has pissed my whole family off. "

-----------------------

I had read this story before I knew it was in the process of becoming a movie. I watched it last night and was really upset that it didn't follow what REALLY happened. I can't believe that it was turned into such crap.

http://www.bellwitch.org/story.htm

This is a really good one too- just scroll down a bit:

http://www.ghosts.org/bell/jackcook.html

---------------------------------

This film is a travesty and a complete waste and abomination of the Bell Witch legend. Read the books by Fitzhugh and Monahan and of course the account in "Haunted America" for a more cohesive and scarier version of the events NOT portrayed in this movie. I was captivated by the Bell Witch tales growing up and first stumbled upon it in a book "13 Ghosts of Tennessee and Jeffrey" by Katherin Tucker Windham which I also recommend or http://www.amazon.com/Jeffreys-Favorite-13...s/dp/1588381706.

They could have made the spirit more malevolent and real as the accounts had mentioned.

--------------------------------------------

I agree. I'm from Tennessee and the entire legend has been ruined by this movie.

----------------------------------

I'm reading and rereading the Bell Witch case and the Witch only appeared as a rabbit and a old women hanging in a tree. (Maybe the dog'ish critter that appeared in the beginning before the haunting. John Bell (or ol' Jack) was considered a saint among the people of the town and loved his children. He suffered from the witch day and night before she (the Witch) killed him by poison.

Also Betsy (who I'm not sure about the movie) was abused by the witchs, but was never raped. Just slapped, pinch, punched, pulled hair, etc.

So looking at the plot for the movie the screwed up bad.

-----------------------------------------------

Yeah, but the movie doens't follow the the legend. A lot of the Locals are pretty pissed about it too.

here is an example

-----------------------

"This movie was not based on any facts i know of. Bess went crazy and killed her little brother. Her family hung her for the murder then her spirit came back and tortured my family for what they did to her. Cedar Hill Ten. in a cave is where Bess is buried. I've been there.

This film has pissed my whole family off. "

-----------------------

I had read this story before I knew it was in the process of becoming a movie. I watched it last night and was really upset that it didn't follow what REALLY happened. I can't believe that it was turned into such crap.

http://www.bellwitch.org/story.htm

This is a really good one too- just scroll down a bit:

http://www.ghosts.org/bell/jackcook.html

---------------------------------

This film is a travesty and a complete waste and abomination of the Bell Witch legend. Read the books by Fitzhugh and Monahan and of course the account in "Haunted America" for a more cohesive and scarier version of the events NOT portrayed in this movie. I was captivated by the Bell Witch tales growing up and first stumbled upon it in a book "13 Ghosts of Tennessee and Jeffrey" by Katherin Tucker Windham which I also recommend or http://www.amazon.com/Jeffreys-Favorite-13...s/dp/1588381706.

They could have made the spirit more malevolent and real as the accounts had mentioned.

--------------------------------------------

I agree. I'm from Tennessee and the entire legend has been ruined by this movie.

----------------------------------

I'm reading and rereading the Bell Witch case and the Witch only appeared as a rabbit and a old women hanging in a tree. (Maybe the dog'ish critter that appeared in the beginning before the haunting. John Bell (or ol' Jack) was considered a saint among the people of the town and loved his children. He suffered from the witch day and night before she (the Witch) killed him by poison.

Also Betsy (who I'm not sure about the movie) was abused by the witchs, but was never raped. Just slapped, pinch, punched, pulled hair, etc.

So looking at the plot for the movie the screwed up bad.

-----------------------------------------------

I've read about the Legend but couldn't remeber what had happened, but the like the quotes above say the movie didn't follow the legend at all. With that being said it was still a good horror movie.

"American Haunting" sounds cool (even if it's not historically accurate)... I just watched a Discovery Channel special on the Bell Witch legend the other night.

Today I watched "Cats & Dogs" with my son (again) and then "Over The Hedge," which was hilarious.

PCU

Jeremy Piven just cracks me up in this movie.

"Tonight in the Pit... Everyone Gets Laid!"

Awesome movie!!

Great Song... :banger:

Great Song... :banger:

"I am the air you breathe... I am the Bell WIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!"

The wife and I watched a flick called "Population 436" tonight, it was a "Twilight Zone"-ish story of a small town whose population has stayed at the same # - you guessed it, 436 -- for seemingly forever, so a government guy is sent to find out what's up. What he finds is kinda like a less gory, slower-moving grown-up version of "Children of the Corn." It wasn't great, but I've seen worse. The most terrifying part of it for me was Fred (Limp Bizkit) Durst playing a prominent role as a sheriff's deputy! :yikes:

My wife and I are going to watch the re-make of "Amityville Horror" in a little while. The original is one of my all time favorites, I hope this new one doesn't suck.

My wife and I are going to watch the re-make of "Amityville Horror" in a little while. The original is one of my all time favorites, I hope this new one doesn't suck.

I loved the new one. It was nice to see Ryan Reynolds in a non comedic role.