Back like a case of herpes... it's the 2023 Heavy Harmonies Donation Drive!

heavyharmonies

Ya try and ya try, but you KNOW it comes back around eventually... :lol:

Time again to play the begging game to help out covering Heavy Harmonies' expenses. Costs for the site run roughly US$195 a month, roughly the same as last several years (amazingly there haven't been increases on hosting costs like there have been to everything else). 

So when I say "costs", what do I mean? It's the out-of-pocket expenses to keep Heavy Harmonies running: server lease, bandwidth, hosting support, and the subscription for this forum software, domain registration.

The 2022 drive did pretty good, reaching 84% of goal of covering the annual costs. Let's see if we can meet, or better yet, beat that goal!

The donation drive will run through Halloween, October 31.

Anyone who makes a single donation of $20 or more and has a board username will be added to the group "2023 Donors". This gets you the following benefits:

• A nice shiny icon in your profile showing that you are an HH Donor for 2023: 998666789_2022Donor_0.png.429cc83660340b
  • An increase in the size of your PM storage from 200 to 500 messages
  • An increase in image attachment/upload storage from 20MB to 50MB
  • Exempt from the search flood control (normally if you try and do a search more than every 10 seconds, you get an annoying little "please wait" message)
  • No time limit on editing your own posts! This will especially be useful for those with trade/sale lists as you'll be able to edit them rather than posting revised versions.
  • A warm fuzzy feeling inside that you are helping support Heavy Harmonies!

If you donate $50 during the drive, either as a single donation or across multiple donations, you will be added to the group "2023 Gold Donors". This gets you the following in addition to the above:

• A bigger, shiny badge: 2022_1.png.3a8fadd73617a0a78fb096b8909a6
  • All your posts will be highlighted, because if you show this much dedication to HH, what you have to say is obviously more more important! (just kidding, but your posts will be accentuated).
  • The ability to create a forum "signature" that will be added to all of your posts.

If you donate using buttons on the main site, please put your board username in the notes section, and if you donate from here on the forum, please PM me the email address that you sent the donation from!

Otherwise I have no way to tie your donation to your membership here on the board.

If you are currently in the 2022 donor groups but don't wish to donate this year (or can't), at the beginning of the donation drive, your group membership features will revert to the regular non-donator membership group.

Membership in the 2023 Donors group will last until the beginning of next year's donation drive, at which point you can donate again to remain in the Donors group with the same benefits, or revert back to your current member group.

PayPal donation buttons are found at the top of all the pages on the main site and here on the forum on the right side at the top, or if you'd prefer to send a money order, check, or cash (not recommended, but I know some people prefer to do so), you can make payable to Dan Harding and send to:

Heavy Harmonies
P.O. Box 17021
Urbana, IL 61803
USA

If you can't give $20, give $10... if you can't give $10, give $5... it's just once a year.

(And if you happen to be fortunate enough to be earning gobs of money, please feel free to give bunches! I'm not opposed to having a sugar daddy... or seven.)

As always, your support is greatly appreciated! :git::banger:

-Dan

12 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Sent but as usual it did not give me the option of adding my forum username...

Hrmmm, ok I did some digging, and for whatever reason the forum plugin for donations doesn't support adding notes anymore (I'm 99% sure it did at one point), but the donation buttons on the main site still do, as those are just old-school HTML buttons... different mechanisms I guess. I'll adjust the OP, thanks.

• Like 1

Dan the CD man, I've done my duty now and donated spe..I mean I've donated. ; )

• Thanks 1

I see that banana Stefan. ; )

Two weeks or one-third of the way through the annual donation drive and we're 22% of the way to the goal of covering the year's out-of-pocket expenses. Thank you to everyone who has donated thus far.

Half way through the annual donation drive and things have trailed off a bit; we're at just under 1/3 of the way to covering the site's annual expenses. Most of the regular contributors have already donated, although I'm not seeing some names I've regularly seen in the past; people who also haven't been here on the board regularly for a while. As we age, priorities and habits change. Not to mention that the economy and daily expenses suck for many people, so something's gotta go.

Old rockers never die... but they do fade away.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed thus far.

-Dan

1 hour ago, Doggy said:

Sorry Dan,

It's small amount, as we discuss about a couple years ago.

No one ever has to apologize for making a small donation. They all count. The $2 and $5 donations all come together towards the goal. There are many here who have never donated a cent (as is their right) to support the site, so please don't sell yourself short.

Thank you!

-Dan

56 minutes ago, heavyharmonies said:

No one ever has to apologize for making a small donation. They all count. The $2 and $5 donations all come together towards the goal. There are many here who have never donated a cent (as is their right) to support the site, so please don't sell yourself short.

Thank you!

-Dan

jingle all the way thank you GIF