2010 - Choose your album

auslander

This one is the toughest so far!!! So many classics - Crazy Lixx, Crashdiet, Vega, Treat, Reckless Love, Pretty Maids etc. It's almost impossible to choose. Think I will go with Treat just coz there are some songs on that album that have become my all time favourites. 

Track - We own the night. 

• Like 1

Below was my top 15 from 2010.

So based on that, the top album from the graphic is :

VEGA 

(not by much tho lol)

1. First Signal - s/t (91.82%)

2. HEAT - Freedom Rock. (91.79%)

3. Terry Brock - Diamond Blue (90.68%)

4. Vega - Kiss of Life. ( 90.42%)

5. Crazy Lixx - Bad Religion. (90.21%)

6. Crashdiet - Generation Wild. (89.77%)

7. Hardcore S/Star - Split Your Lip. (89.09%)

8. Pretty Maids - Pandemonium (89.00%)

9. Degreed - Life Love Loss. (88.13%)

10. All I Know - Vanity Kills. (88.04%)

11. Treat - Coup De Grace. (87.68%)

12. Alter Bridge - ABIII. (87.67%)

13. Distorted Wonderland - Raised. (87.27%)

14. Taking Dawn - Time To Burn. (87.00%)

15. White Widdow - s/t. (86.50%)

That is an immense list. I didn't think there was any way I was going to not choose Crashdiet. Big shout outs to Treat, Crazy Lixx, Vera, Pretty Maids, Reckless Love, and really cool albums from Taking Dawn and Ratt too. 

My pick of the lot, though, goes to White Widdow. Love that album, with 'Don't fail me now' being my favourite tune. 

39 minutes ago, Geoff said:

That is an immense list. I didn't think there was any way I was going to not choose Crashdiet. Big shout outs to Treat, Crazy Lixx, Vera, Pretty Maids, Reckless Love, and really cool albums from Taking Dawn and Ratt too. 

My pick of the lot, though, goes to White Widdow. Love that album, with 'Don't fail me now' being my favourite tune. 

when I scrolled through the best of 2010 thread you're top album was Treat. 

stupid thing is as good as all those albums in my list are, I don't think I've listened to any of them in the last 5 years. 

Will have to correct that over the next few weeks 

12 minutes ago, Glen said:

when I scrolled through the best of 2010 thread you're top album was Treat. 

Really? Magnum P.I. That intrigues me and I'm going to go hunt the thread down. I checked my spreadsheet and per my ratings, my top 10 is this-

1. White Widdow     -    White Widdow
2. First Signal     -    First Signal
3. Crashdiet     -    Generation Wild
4. Crazy Lixx     -    New Religion
5. Reckless Love     -    Reckless Love
6. Treat     -    Coup De Grace
7. H.E.A.T     -    Freedom Rock
8. Issa     -    Sign of Angels
9. All I Know     -    Vanity Kills
10. Just Surrender     -    Phoenix

Without seeing the thread yet, had I started rating albums yet? I think I started in 2011? 2010 may have been the last year I did my rankings freestyle, based on what I enjoyed most through the year. Which, in fairness, is a fairer way to do it at the time anyway. But I do like the ratings for looking back on years in hindsight when I can't remember things n' stuff.  

4 hours ago, Geoff said:

Really? Magnum P.I. That intrigues me and I'm going to go hunt the thread down. I checked my spreadsheet and per my ratings, my top 10 is this-

1. White Widdow     -    White Widdow
2. First Signal     -    First Signal
3. Crashdiet     -    Generation Wild
4. Crazy Lixx     -    New Religion
5. Reckless Love     -    Reckless Love
6. Treat     -    Coup De Grace
7. H.E.A.T     -    Freedom Rock
8. Issa     -    Sign of Angels
9. All I Know     -    Vanity Kills
10. Just Surrender     -    Phoenix

Without seeing the thread yet, had I started rating albums yet? I think I started in 2011? 2010 may have been the last year I did my rankings freestyle, based on what I enjoyed most through the year. Which, in fairness, is a fairer way to do it at the time anyway. But I do like the ratings for looking back on years in hindsight when I can't remember things n' stuff.  

I have 5% between 1 and 15 so could all swap places for me lol. Great yr 

2010 was a bit of a transitional year for me. I was obviously still aware of the superstar bands releasing albums (i.e. Bon Jovi, Def Lep, etc) but was unaware of any newer bands doing that sort of music (i got my musical knowledge from Kerrang at that time and wasn't aware 'MelodicRock.com' or this site existed. I went to Firefest in 2010 for the nostalgia of seeing Nelson and was BLOWN AWAY by how good Jimi Jamison was. That was the turning point in me discovering the new breed (i.e. Houston, Reckless Love, Eclipse, Heat, etc).

Anyway, from the above I'd pick 'Taking Dawn'. I still love that album. It's a shame they never did anything significant afterwards. Favourite track(s) : Take Me Away, Endlessly, Godless. 

6 minutes ago, warrenamos01 said:

2010 was a bit of a transitional year for me. I was obviously still aware of the superstar bands releasing albums (i.e. Bon Jovi, Def Lep, etc) but was unaware of any newer bands doing that sort of music (i got my musical knowledge from Kerrang at that time and wasn't aware 'MelodicRock.com' or this site existed. I went to Firefest in 2010 for the nostalgia of seeing Nelson and was BLOWN AWAY by how good Jimi Jamison was. That was the turning point in me discovering the new breed (i.e. Houston, Reckless Love, Eclipse, Heat, etc).

Anyway, from the above I'd pick 'Taking Dawn'. I still love that album. It's a shame they never did anything significant afterwards. Favourite track(s) : Take Me Away, Endlessly, Godless. 

Jimi was incredible at Firefest. 

• Like 1

Pretty Maids - Absolutely immense album, followed by Vega. Big shout outs to Scorpions with their best album in ages and Reckless Love

13 hours ago, Glen said:

I have 5% between 1 and 15 so could all swap places for me lol. Great yr 

Yeah, I had barely anything splitting a tonne of the top releases too. Twas a good 'un.