2004 - Choose your album

auslander

For me it would be between the two groups that rose from the ashes of other groups: Alter Bridge and Velvet Revolver. 

But I'm going Velvet Revolver (and Slither is my favourite track). 

*Props to Wig Wam whose 667: The Neighbour of the Beast would have to be one of the funniest album titles ever!

Threshold and JSS are missing from the graphic so will go with the 3rd best album of 2004 - the mighty Alter Bridge debut.

Saw them on this tour in a small club and they smashed it. Mark Tremonti is :bowdown:

Also would be remiss of me not to mention a few others from the graphic:

Wig Wam, Tesla, PC69 AND frontline all very good to great 

Awesome album from TNT, very fine efforts from Wig Wam and Tesla and a pretty decent album from PC69. But this was part of a magnificent run from the mighty Frontline and they take this contest out for me. 

Best track could be half the album, but I'll go with 'This Lie.'

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Awesome album from TNT, very fine efforts from Wig Wam and Tesla and a pretty decent album from PC69. But this was part of a magnificent run from the mighty Frontline and they take this contest out for me. 

Best track could be half the album, but I'll go with 'This Lie.'

I've listened to that TNT album so many times but can't get past the fact that most of it is fairly average 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Glen said:

I've listened to that TNT album so many times but can't get past the fact that most of it is fairly average 

No TNT album is ever a complete package, but at their best they're absolutely sublime. 

There's a couple of fillers, but how many albums can boast songs as good as 'She Needs Me,' 'Lonely Nights,' 'Perfectly,' 'You'll Be There,' 'Live Today,' and 'Everything U R' all on one CD? To each their own, but I just love these guys at their best.        

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Saw them on this tour in a small club and they smashed it. Mark Tremonti is :bowdown:

It does surprise me how little credit Tremonti seems to get for his guitar prowess.

• Like 1