Hurricane working on new album

AlphaMale

• 4 months later...

HURRICANE

Hurricane is an American heavy metal band formed in 1983, originally featuring current Foreigner lead vocalist Kelly Hansen (vocals/ rhythm guitar), Robert Sarzo (guitar), Tony Cavazo (bass), and Jay Schellen (drums) currently with Yes. Cavazo and Sarzo are the brothers of Quiet Riot's Carlos Cavazo and Rudy Sarzo. Hurricane released four albums: Take What You Want (1985), Over the Edge (1988), Slave to the Thrill (1990), and Liquifury (2001). Over the Edge was their album featuring the charting song, "I'm on to You", which peaked at No. 33 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart in 1988.

In 2010, Robert Sarzo and Tony Cavazo, founding members, reunited and recruited drummer Mike Hansen. In 2021, Dan Schumann an Australian-born singer best known as a member of the Las Vegas Headliner vocal group, Tenors of Rock joined Hurricane. They are now set to release their first new album in over 20 years,  “Reconnected”.

IMG_4835.jpeg

15 hours ago, lettard said:

Hmmm...need to hear some first

:agree:

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Metal T said:

Don't know what quite to make of that.....the last 2 original tunes sounded pretty cool.

Yeah, I think he can sing and the two new tracks sound promising. That version of "I'm on to You"? Not so much. 

Lyric video for the track "Rock Star Cheater"

not bad but it sounds like someone else..it'll come to me...but the sound is familiar.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lettard said:

not bad but it sounds like someone else..it'll come to me...but the sound is familiar.

not bad

On 7/21/2023 at 2:56 PM, lettard said:

That sounds like a run-of-the-mill hard rock song to me, hardly worthy of the Hurricane name. Any L.A. strip band from the '80s with even a modicum of talent could've cranked out that tune. Filler material at best, and that's being generous. I don't have high hopes for this album, especially without Kelly at the mic, and that single has got my hopes limper than a eunuch.

Meh. Sounds like warmed over Motley Crue. 

• Like 1

Someone in the comments of the YouTube video must have an advance copy and swears there are better songs on the album. I have have said it before but without Kelly it isn’t Hurricane. I highly doubt there is anything to make me take more than one listen.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 3:20 AM, Dead Planet said:

I don't hate that cover, but having one guy trying to ape Freddie and David is a bit much. Should have at least stayed true to the original and get in a second vocalist.

On 7/21/2023 at 7:56 PM, lettard said:

I think the problem this song has is for fans of Hurricane, they are gonna judge it more harshly because it really does not sound like them. Had this been recorded by a new band you were unfamiliar with or under a different name it would maybe be given more of a chance.

It's actually an ok song, sounds fine but it's not Hurricane (and I am not a big fan of Hurricane). I think they have done themselves no favours using the band name to release this.