Household everyday items that are too damn expensive

zacharyamelie

Today I bought two halogen lightbulbs for outside, replacing my Christmas lights. For two bulbs it cost a whopping 16$....for freakin' lightbulbs!

Another thing I find stupid pricey are razor blades.

Do you have any everyday items that you find too bloody expensive?

Car parking... Fucking rip off

I think I've paid for parking literally one time in my entire life and it was only $2 for something completely necessary. I refuse to do it and will park 4km from a venue to avoid paying for parking, if it comes down to that. F*ck the c*nts.

As for lightbulbs, 100% agree. We have 6 lightbulbs in our bathroom that needed replacing. After a trip to the supermarket we now have 3 working and 3 not. ;) Just too expensive to get all 6, seriously. Ridiculous. For the record, the 3 bulbs are more than enough.

I agree with razors but stopped buying close to a decade ago.

Something else made me reconsider petty theft again the other day, but I can't think of it off the top of my head...

Batteries. Sure you wait and stockpile when they're half price but fuck me does the cost pile up when you add 3 kids into the mix!

Fuck parking and razors! Oh, and not sure if I was seeing things at the supermarket or not but isn't there now battery powered disposable razors? Double the $ pain!

I buy rechargeable batteries only except AAA batteries. Panasonic Eneloop batteries are very good. I have found they last longer than your regular Duracell batteries. A little expensive but overtime they are cheaper than using regular batteries. Got them in everything from flashlights, gaming controllers, kids toys etc.... Not worth buying AAA batteries. I only have tv remotes that use those and they only run dry every couple of years.

Batteries. Sure you wait and stockpile when they're half price but fuck me does the cost pile up when you add 3 kids into the mix!

Fuck parking and razors! Oh, and not sure if I was seeing things at the supermarket or not but isn't there now battery powered disposable razors? Double the $ pain!

Dick Smith last week.

Pack of 40 Alkaline AA's $8

Pack of 30 AAA's $6

Dick Smith brand which are usually pretty good.

I bought 50 bucks worth :)

I really like electric razors...only problem is that when the blades get dull, the replacement blades cost more than the original fucking electric razor.....so I do not use them....so my wish for the new year is that everyone making profits from razor sales drop dead...

I really like electric razors...only problem is that when the blades get dull, the replacement blades cost more than the original fucking electric razor.....so I do not use them....so my wish for the new year is that everyone making profits from razor sales drop dead...

True dat! Mine are dull as fuck but I keep using it anyway. I don't want to pay $40 for replacements.

yeah but aren't lightbulbs supposed to last about 15 years now or something??

guess that is why they are so expensive.

15 years! I wish! With our Canadian climate even a new roof can't last 15 years.

I use a 10" hunting knife :D

yeah but aren't lightbulbs supposed to last about 15 years now or something??

guess that is why they are so expensive.

i think the ad says so but in reality sometimes in 2-3 years, they're all busted

I don't have that problem but friends with kids tell me diapers are costing them a small fortune. Also I think if you work in the city and have to eat lunch somewhere it's almost impossible to find a place with reasonable prices. Sure it's not a ''household'' item but it's everyday

I don't have that problem but friends with kids tell me diapers are costing them a small fortune. Also I think if you work in the city and have to eat lunch somewhere it's almost impossible to find a place with reasonable prices. Sure it's not a ''household'' item but it's everyday

There are often "good" diaper/nappy specials which make the cost for the item not seem too bad. I think where it adds up so quickly is how many of them you actually go through.