Obscure AOR Usage Alert!

heavyharmonies

There was a episode of South Park where the kids are in a little league tournament and they play "Your The Best" by Joe Esposito.

South Park always have metal references. "Havent you ever heard that song by Loverboy, you cant cross the DNA of a pig and an elephant?" those guys are hilarious,

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a episode of South Park where the kids are in a little league tournament and they play "Your The Best" by Joe Esposito.

South Park always have metal references. "Havent you ever heard that song by Loverboy, you cant cross the DNA of a pig and an elephant?" those guys are hilarious,

Yes, and Cartman singing Sailing Away by Styx...just classic.

• 2 weeks later...

and for the coffee taste test for Harbucks, "we need to get a band everybody likes, how about Toto" I couldnt quit laughing, those fuckers are some of the most clever writers in history, the way they are always taking jabs at the hollywood elite, true genius.

• 3 months later...

During last night's season premier of "My Name is Earl", REO Speedwagon's "Roll With the Changes" played while Earl was having to approach the different prison gangs for favors. :tumbsup:

Now heres a wasted opportunity.

For some reason Disney never released a soundtrack for the movie Wild Hogs

While most of us here probably own most of these tracks, I am sure a good portion of us would buy a CD with this track listing:

Spencer Davis Group - Gimme some lovin

Foghat - slow ride

George Thorgood & The Destroyers - Who do you love

The Allman Brothers Band - Aint wastin time no more

The Allman Brothers Band - Midnight rider

Grand Funk Railroad - Walk like a man

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call me the breeze

Lynyrd Skynyrd - That smell

Jet - Get me outta here

Bon Jovi - Wanted dead or alive

Bon Jovi - Lost highway

CCR - Keep on chooglin

AC/DC - Highway to hell

ELO - Showdown

White Zombie - Thunder kiss 65

Brian Wilson - Good vibrations

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, and Cartman singing Sailing Away by Styx...just classic.

Yeah, South Park always mocks "hair metal". I've heard Paul Stanley's 'Live to win' and Cinderella's 'Don't know what you got' both used in the show... both times in very mock-worthy terms. :lol:

The new advert for "Pure Blond" beer here in Australia is using Warrant's CHERRY PIE as it's soundtrack

Yeah I saw that 2 nights ago too. Metal.

.... There's a TV commercial here in Denmark where IRON MAIDEN's "Can I Play with Madness?" is used as an attention-catcher... Trust me, it works! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was watching my Northern Exposure box tonight and on episode 6 (Sex, Lies and Ed's Tape) in the bar they play a Crue song, not sure which it is but I'm 90% certain it's them.

But the big revelation was they played Giant - I'll See You in My Dreams later on in the episode.Woooo the air keyboards were out !!!!!

I was watching a bit of "Terminator 2" yesterday and chuckled when I saw the kid who was friends with Edward Furlong (aka John Connor) early in the movie wearing a vintage L.A. Guns t-shirt. Does that count? :blink:

When the College Gameday show would start each Saturday on the Four Letter Network the opening song was by Firehouse but unfortunately I can't remember which track, surprisingly a more obscure song though, not one of their hits.

When the College Gameday show would start each Saturday on the Four Letter Network the opening song was by Firehouse but unfortunately I can't remember which track, surprisingly a more obscure song though, not one of their hits.

It was "Jumpin" off of the O2 cd.

Yep, that was me. I just vomitted.

:screwy:

Arguably the worst rock song ever recorded, off arguably the worst hard rock CD ever recorded. :)

Arguably the worst rock song ever recorded, off arguably the worst hard rock CD ever recorded. :)

Cool, thanks Wes, that's why I didn't recognize it. I've never owned that cd. But I thought the track sounded pretty good when I heard it.

And Geoff... "Cleanup in aisle five". :geoffadillos:

I like that song. It's a fun upbeat rocker. Now when CJ raps in "The Dark" that's whole other story.

I don't mind the 'O2' disc. 'The Dark' and 'Jumpin' are pretty awful, but then there is the excellent 'Loving You Is Paradise' which is a gorgeous toon and the excellent 'Call Of The Night' plus a few other tracks that are ok. So not a complete disaster area!.

I don't mind the 'O2' disc. 'The Dark' and 'Jumpin' are pretty awful, but then there is the excellent 'Loving You Is Paradise' which is a gorgeous toon and the excellent 'Call Of The Night' plus a few other tracks that are ok. So not a complete disaster area!.

Whats so bad about it? I havnt heard it yet.

I like 'Call of the night'... the rest is horrible, imo.

Whats so bad about it? I havnt heard it yet.

The songs are just really terrible. It's not like they went grungy or anything like that. They're just truly terrible songs you'd never have expected to hear from Firehouse. Some of the lyrics are stunningly awful.