21 essential albums

Check it out. I own a total of 2. I'm willing to bet that will be a high number for this board.

http://music.msn.com/21-essential-21st-century-albums/photo-gallery/feature/

I have 1 song off the Miranda Lambert album. That's it. Makes you realize that one person's idea of "essential" is another person's idea of "excrement."

check it out. I own a total of 2. I'm willing to bet that will be a high number for this board.

You can mark me down as owning ZERO of those.

Do I dare ask which two are in your collection..?

Don't own a single one of 'em, although I will admit to SERIOUSLY considering picking up 21 by Adele.

Everything I've heard off of it has been excellent IMO....

I have the O Brother Where Out Thou soundtrack...I think. :unsure:

Man Of Constant Sorrow is a trip of a song...maybe I just have the mp3. No matter, I'd still like to take the writer of this list and bounce his head off my knee a few times. Not because it does not contain our genre of music but because he or she had the gall to think they could write an all encompassing list covering all genres, keep it to 21 because they are so witty (the 21st century, oh what genius)and then include stuff like Lil Wayne, MIA, etc? Who the f*ck are those artists?

check it out. I own a total of 2. I'm willing to bet that will be a high number for this board.

the 2 that I own are Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift. to go on and make it worse the wife owns the Adel and Justin Timberlake that I can remember. she might have a couple more of the crap that is on the list.

the 2 that I own are Miranda Lambert and Taylor Swift. to go on and make it worse the wife owns the Adel and Justin Timberlake that I can remember. she might have a couple more of the crap that is on the list.

Those are actually the two I thought you might own. If I had to own two of them I would probably pick those also. I'm proud of you though for not blaming the wife for owning those. Are you sure SHE actually owns the Justin Timberlake CD though?

Those are actually the two I thought you might own. If I had to own two of them I would probably pick those also. I'm proud of you though for not blaming the wife for owning those. Are you sure SHE actually owns the Justin Timberlake CD though?

100%

Slightly embarrassed to admit I own 2 of these, 'Stankonia' and 'Marshall Mathers'. I went through a foolish (but mercifully brief) hip hop phase, from which about 10 albums remain. Very rarely listen to them any more, but they are pretty good in their genre. I'd certainly much rather listen to them than the White feckin' Stripes!

It's hardly a balanced list though. Most of it is hip hop, female solo artists or country-type stuff. What happened to the rock?

BTW, by posting this link, you made me look at a picture of Amy Winehouse. :puke:

What a festering pile of mainstream CRAP!!!!!!!! Note to the idiot who compiled this moronic list: Justin Timberlake and his snot-clogged, nasal whimpering is not even in the same ballpark as anything "essential". Anyone buying into these stupid lists are merely brain-dead disciples of mainstream media and the suits and ties that promote and publicize these aimed-at-the-lowest-common-denominator performers. Radio is a wasteland of force-fed garbage, foisted upon the public to rake in as many bucks as possible through the gullibility of those unable or unwilling to make up their own mind. The concept is to tell you what you MUST listen to; the foolish buy into it; the intelligent see through the charade and seek out things the media doesn't ram down everyone's throat. If contrived, manufactured pop floats your boat, that's your business; but no record company executive or radio programmer is going to tell me what I should or shouldn't listen to. To base your decision regarding music upon their agenda only makes you a sheep. Mainstream media is a boil upon the ass of humanity.

I own a grand total of 0 on the list.

Backed !!

I like lists and couldn't be bothered to look through all that, but I'd assume I don't own any. I have no ill feelings towards Taylor Swift, though, and find her songs harmless on the radio.

I made it all the way through 2 albums on the list before I realized I was wasting my time and nothing would probably be on there that I would own or want to own. I do have the Man Of Constant Sorrow song from the O Brother soundtrack on mp3 along with several Taylor swift songs from her new album, she's ok in my book.

I got 2 from the list.

I'm so sorry anon.gif

You should be. lol

Still stuck in the 80's. Don't own any.

I'm with you!