21 essential albums

Wow 12 years in and that's the essential list....fuck me what have I missed out on?? Thank goodness theres another 88 years to go - plenty of time to correct early screw ups.

Don't own one of them but the missus has Adele 21 (oh nooo!) and the Amy Wino one (jeeez dullllllll or I think it's that one!) I nearly bought the White Stripes - Elephant album the other day at a charity shop for £1 coz I like Seven Nation Army - but I passed.

Actually I found a good quote the other day which pretty much sums up a lot of what I get bombarded with on TV and radio and various other parts of the media.

" a music industry full of created plastic, mindless pathetic artists that brainwashes today's kids into little debased sluts and emasculated men. Music is a form of expression, all that is expressed in the mainstream is how to be cool. pathetic."

Wow 12 years in and that's the essential list....fuck me what have I missed out on?? Thank goodness theres another 88 years to go - plenty of time to correct early screw ups.

Don't own one of them but the missus has Adele 21 (oh nooo!) and the Amy Wino one (jeeez dullllllll or I think it's that one!) I nearly bought the White Stripes - Elephant album the other day at a charity shop for £1 coz I like Seven Nation Army - but I passed.

Actually I found a good quote the other day which pretty much sums up a lot of what I get bombarded with on TV and radio and various other parts of the media.

" a music industry full of created plastic, mindless pathetic artists that brainwashes today's kids into little debased sluts and emasculated men. Music is a form of expression, all that is expressed in the mainstream is how to be cool. pathetic."

Good quote mate. I feel like I've turned into my folks when I say that modern popular music is rubbish, but it's all so generic and bland. I really hate it - you just keep hearing the same r'n'b/dance/soul-type tunes again and again and again. People might slate 70s and 80s pop, but at least there was some originality and songs.

BTW, I really hate the White Stripes too. There's only one - or you might say two - things I like about them. Here's a clue:

meg_white_cleavage.jpg

;)

No doubt that modern pop music is the worst it's ever been. I couldn't imagine growing up with this shit and it makes my 'RAGE' days look wonderful by comparison.

BUT, in saying that, this does seem to be true - "that brainwashes today's kids into little debased sluts." And that alone - f*ck music! :lol: - actually makes me genuinely sad that I didn't grow up in this generation. I only see it from the outside, but there do seem to be so many cheeky little sluts around these days, that just weren't present in my youth. And the quality of them... yowser. Oh well, what do you do?

End of the day, it may be a bad time to be young musically, but definitely a better time if you're a young dude who likes sluts.