concerts

rickinmd

Got the MORCX cruise starting in a couple of weeks..loads of bands I never ever thought i'd get a chance to see...top of the list are H.E.A.T, Y&T, Honeymoon Suite, Autograph, Firehouse, Krokus, Tesla, Doro, Thunder and Kix although will try my best to see as many of the others as poss 

Also going to

Girlschool on Wednesday

Saxon, Krokus, Girlschool & Diamond Head In March at The Hammersmith Odeon

Biff Byford (Solo tour) April in MK

Cats In Space - May in MK

Rammstein at The Ricoh Arena  in June

• 2 weeks later...

For Geoff and any other Aussies...

https://lasttix.com.au/buy-discount-tickets-scorpions-and-whitesnake

Lasttix have Scorpions and Whitesnake tickets for $70.
I just grabbed mine for the Melbourne show, A reserve were originally $190
Sydney also on sale.

I actually forgot about this concert, had I remembered I probably would have just paid the full price because I've never seen either band live before.
So that was a win :)

Always worth subscribing to websites like this for last minute bargains. Usually they are shows I'm not sure about and when I see the cheap tix I think "why not"

01.JPG.e402b0632a1455cbf415bd25f732708a.JPG

27 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

For Geoff and any other Aussies...

https://lasttix.com.au/buy-discount-tickets-scorpions-and-whitesnake

Lasttix have Scorpions and Whitesnake tickets for $70.
I just grabbed mine for the Melbourne show, A reserve were originally $190
Sydney also on sale.

I actually forgot about this concert, had I remembered I probably would have just paid the full price because I've never seen either band live before.
So that was a win :)

Always worth subscribing to websites like this for last minute bargains. Usually they are shows I'm not sure about and when I see the cheap tix I think "why not"

01.JPG.e402b0632a1455cbf415bd25f732708a.JPG

Thanks mate. Jeez it's awkward. That on the day after my son's birthday, on the date of his party. Which will be finished by then... but not sure I can bail on that day with a clear conscience. I'll keep it in mind as a maybe. Would be pretty cool to see. 

Just got tickets to see Sammy Hagar and the Circle, Whitesnake and Night Ranger in the Summer. There's a show coming up in June at a winery about two hours away with Dokken, Warrant, Jack Russell's Great White, April Wine, Firehouse and others. Thinking about going to that one, but not sure yet.

79370252_10157735056917173_5087050481897832448_o.jpg

Edited by Markmc

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw there are still some Maiden tickets available for Melbourne.
Saw the Brazil Legacy Of The Beast show on youtube and it was pretty good (except they didn't play Wasted Years for some reason)
Tix are $150 so not cheap, but I haven't seen them since 1985, so what the hell.

Edited by CureTheSane

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Glen said:

all going tits up for the Australia fest - 2 big acts pulled out

Nobody wants to fly right now. 

• My Little Pony
3 hours ago, Glen said:

seeing Night Flight Orchestra & One Desire next Friday! 

Cannot wait!

Fuck off. I wish I could see those bands. The Rock scene is all but dead out here. 

6 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Fuck off. I wish I could see those bands. The Rock scene is all but dead out here. 

Where are you? 

21 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Pacific Northwest. 

Ok here in the Midwest you don't get anyone except if I'm right that legendary concert with Def Leppard and Poison and Mötley Crüe and Joan Jett is in Minnesota. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I thought I heard. 

On 2/29/2020 at 11:32 PM, Glen said:

all going tits up for the Australia fest - 2 big acts pulled out

Three. Eclipse, Crazy Lixx and Paul Laine. And of course it goes without saying that I have tickets to two of these three. 

A general rule in my life is that I try not to get too excited about stuff... anticipate things, because life has a funny way of inserting itself into your anus aggressively when you allow yourself to get excited. 

Haha, of course I know this isn't the biggest issue in the world, but man, what a fucker. Paul Laine I could deal with, but man I was so excited about seeing Crazy Lixx. :(

For the record, far as I understand it, this has absolutely 100% zero to do with Coronavirus. The story was the same with all three bands - something along the lines of "contractual obligations not being met." Reading between the lines, I assume they're not being paid properly, which probably has a lot to do with what I understand are probably quite low ticket sales. 

I saw Janet Gardener, Ron Keel and Enuff Z' Nuff on Friday night, with about 20 other people, lol. But they all went well and made the best of the situation. Especially Ron Keel. Dude puts on a good show, but so did the others. Almost spilled my ballsack when Enuff Z' Nuff opened their set with 'The World is a Gutter.' My favourite EZN tune.  

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Three. Eclipse, Crazy Lixx and Paul Laine. And of course it goes without saying that I have tickets to two of these three. 

A general rule in my life is that I try not to get too excited about stuff... anticipate things, because life has a funny way of inserting itself into your anus aggressively when you allow yourself to get excited. 

Haha, of course I know this isn't the biggest issue in the world, but man, what a fucker. Paul Laine I could deal with, but man I was so excited about seeing Crazy Lixx. :(

For the record, far as I understand it, this has absolutely 100% zero to do with Coronavirus. The story was the same with all three bands - something along the lines of "contractual obligations not being met." Reading between the lines, I assume they're not being paid properly, which probably has a lot to do with what I understand are probably quite low ticket sales. 

I saw Janet Gardener, Ron Keel and Enuff Z' Nuff on Friday night, with about 20 other people, lol. But they all went well and made the best of the situation. Especially Ron Keel. Dude puts on a good show, but so did the others. Almost spilled my ballsack when Enuff Z' Nuff opened their set with 'The World is a Gutter.' My favourite EZN tune.  

nice.

I saw enuff z Nuff once only, way back on May 19th 1991 on the Strength tour. 

jeez 29 yrs ago 

8 minutes ago, Glen said:

nice.

I saw enuff z Nuff once only, way back on May 19th 1991 on the Strength tour. 

jeez 29 yrs ago 

That'd be awesome to have seen them with that original line-up. I was worried about the current line-up, but they were good. If I'm 100% honest, in a live environment Chip on vocals didn't sound out of place at all. Two guitarists were both very good - one dude full of energy and the other very much EZN type vibe. The energetic dude was from Life, Sex & Death. Drummer was cool too. Pretty sure Chip was on some heavy gear, but he was cool. Also played 'Baby Loves You' which was a treat. 

Ron Keel got through so many tunes, though, and some really cool and unexpected ones like 'Somebody's Waiting,' 'Tears of fire,' 'Calm before the storm' all of which I'd not have picked in a million years. A few Steeler tunes too, 'Wrong thing to the right girl,' which was so unexpected too. But he was cool. Vocally, I thought he sounded a lot better live than on disc, to be totally honest. 

Janet Gardener was good too. Loved the old Vixen classics, and the new stuff was even generally pretty solid. Her husband/guitarist has the looks and the moves. Cool show. Loved 'Cryin.'  

• Like 2

Firehouse are out of MR Fest as well now....Shame as they were great when I saw them the other week. 

12 hours ago, Jez said:

Firehouse are out of MR Fest as well now....Shame as they were great when I saw them the other week. 

The venue where it was being held also cancelled it's hosting of the event today. Incredible. Sounds like they're trying to find an alternate venue, but it's a mess. Keep in mind, the event starts this Friday - in three days time. And at the moment they don't even have a venue to hold it at. 

46 minutes ago, Geoff said:

The venue where it was being held also cancelled it's hosting of the event today. Incredible. Sounds like they're trying to find an alternate venue, but it's a mess. Keep in mind, the event starts this Friday - in three days time. And at the moment they don't even have a venue to hold it at. 

were u going to the main event? 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

were u going to the main event? 

Thankfully not. It's in another state. I did actually consider it, and so glad I didn't go through with it. 

Been following this on Facebook for what that's worth.
Seems poor ticket sales didn't allow for flights to be paid for, and although visas were claimed to be an issue, it was counter claimed that at least some of them were arranged.

I remeber talking to Jason McMaster a long time ago, and I was asking him if he had plans to come to Australia.
Bit of backwards and forwards and I asked what it would take.
Here is his response...

what kinda money can you guaantee?
also gear, transportation,airfare for 5,hotels for five.
all gotta be included in the package.
let me know what you can find out.

haha, for a second I actually considered looking into if I could pull off some kind of pub tour or whatever, but I really had no idea how to go about it.
At the time I was holed up for 9 months with a pretty badly broken leg, so I was desperate for something to occupy my time, but in the ned, no way was I even going to try  something like that.

Had I tried, no doubt I would have found myself in much deeper shit than Melodic Rock Fest have gotten themselves into.
Glad I left tix to the last minute, and hadn't got them yet...

On 3/2/2020 at 3:41 PM, Geoff said:

That'd be awesome to have seen them with that original line-up. I was worried about the current line-up, but they were good. If I'm 100% honest, in a live environment Chip on vocals didn't sound out of place at all. Two guitarists were both very good - one dude full of energy and the other very much EZN type vibe. The energetic dude was from Life, Sex & Death. Drummer was cool too. Pretty sure Chip was on some heavy gear, but he was cool. Also played 'Baby Loves You' which was a treat. 

Ron Keel got through so many tunes, though, and some really cool and unexpected ones like 'Somebody's Waiting,' 'Tears of fire,' 'Calm before the storm' all of which I'd not have picked in a million years. A few Steeler tunes too, 'Wrong thing to the right girl,' which was so unexpected too. But he was cool. Vocally, I thought he sounded a lot better live than on disc, to be totally honest. 

Janet Gardener was good too. Loved the old Vixen classics, and the new stuff was even generally pretty solid. Her husband/guitarist has the looks and the moves. Cool show. Loved 'Cryin.'  

Glad you had a blast ( Must be a killer show, even without playing my fave tune or my absolute favorite cover). 

16 hours ago, kourosofsteel3 said:

Glad you had a blast ( Must be a killer show, even without playing my fave tune or my absolute favorite cover). 

How do you know they didn't play those mystery tunes? ;)